PDA

View Full Version : The Book (and other pranks)

Ishara
04-26-2013, 06:05 PM
For those not in attendance, before JordanCon Dragon Theif organized a group on Facebook to ... prank...our fearless leader, Tamyrlin.

One of those pranks was the headband/ HCFF button combination. Saucy designed the button and made the headbands, and brought about a million of the little buttons to JordanCon for us to wear. We showed up on Friday morning, all wearing the headbands and buttons (what buttons?), and earned a gigantic laugh. When asked about our new headgear, the universal response was, "what button/ headband?" which earned even more laughter. As Saucy has described on facebook, it made us extra identfiable (cause these were on top of the t-shirts!) as HCFF TLers in all the panels, and were a fun tribute.

The other "prank" was a book - originally meant to be a scrapbook - honouring Tamyrlin for the 15(!) years of community at Theoryland. Everyone sent in various photos from events spanning those years, and I put them together using Shutterfly, into the book that is linked here (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AZM27lk3YtmzjI). We presented the book to Tam at our early breakfast with Team Jordan, in front of Harriet, Maria, Alan, and his wife Amy, as well as Isaac (the designer of our t-shirts). He's not great at recognizing how much of an impact he's had on all our lives, but hopefully this helped hammer it home. :)

Enjoy!

Zombie Sammael
04-27-2013, 02:23 AM
It's safe to say I wouldn't even be living in the hemisphere I am today if not for Theoryland, let alone the country. I'm honoured to be part of the book and have the deepest gratitude towards Tam for starting this website.

Now, how's the Buffy and Angel section coming along...?

ShadowbaneX
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Looks great Ishy. Should have gotten some photos of GL & I meeting up for the (admittedly small) TL North meet-ups.

Great Lord of the Dark
04-28-2013, 12:37 AM
HA HA HA. Brilliant. Maybe Ishara could even get some photos of herself and GL at the next Theoryland North meetup (check your messages before Monday!)

SauceyBlueConfetti
05-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Not sure it qualifies as a prank but I passed the Drop test. Not sure if Isabel was pleased or disappointed that I didn't find it horrifying. :D