PDA

View Full Version : Tim Horton=Good

Davian93
09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
So to follow up on the coffee debate of a couple weeks ago. I made it a point to seek out a Tim Horton while in Canadia on Saturday. Excellent excellent coffee. In fact I'm drinking it right now out of my new Tim Horton travel mug. It was rather difficult to find one in Montreal but I did find the only one in all of the historic old town.

So yeah, its better than Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for regular coffee. As they say up there, Its Toujours Frais!

Brita
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
One more little incentive to bring you up here Dav!

Just be careful, it is addicting. Very addicting.

They are very consistent with their coffee- anywhere you go in Canada the coffee tastes exactly the same- in it's black gold glory. And I have personally seen them dump whole jugs of coffee when the 20 minutes has past- so I know that the cup is always no more than 20 minutes old.

Mmmmm- coffee....

Ishara
09-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Ha. We're slowly bringing him over to our side. He doesn't want to conquer us - he just wants to be like us and doesn't know how to ask! ;)

Davian93
09-15-2008, 12:22 PM
It is simply good coffee. It even tastes good out of the can which was surprising.

ShadowbaneX
09-15-2008, 01:31 PM
give the breakfast sandwhichs a try, they're pretty good to.

Oh, and there's one too many 'o's in the title: "Tim Horton=God" :p

Davian93
09-15-2008, 01:43 PM
give the breakfast sandwhichs a try, they're pretty good to.

Oh, and there's one too many 'o's in the title: "Tim Horton=God" :p

Next time I'm north of the border I will. I go up about once a month so it shouldn't be too long.

Question: Is there a connection between Tim Horton's and Van Houton Cafes? There were a bunch of the latter and I was getting worried that there would be no Tim Horton's in Montreal.

ShadowbaneX
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Next time I'm north of the border I will. I go up about once a month so it shouldn't be too long.

Question: Is there a connection between Tim Horton's and Van Houton Cafes? There were a bunch of the latter and I was getting worried that there would be no Tim Horton's in Montreal. I must admit that I don't know Van Houton.

However a quick search shows that there are at least 30 in Montreal. Next time you come up use the Store Locator (http://www.timhortons.com/locator/index.html) and you'll probably have an easier time finding one. Also, there are a few franchises in the US. I don't know exactly where you are in Vermont, but there are some in Massachusetts and quite a few in New York, although from what I can tell they're more in western new york.

Just outta curiosity, why you coming up to the dreaded Great White North once a month?

Davian93
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Shopping mainly. Montreal is the closest major city by a good margin. There's also a nice IKEA up there.

Brita
09-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh, well, that's a little disappointing. I thought maybe some undercover work for the Infiltration of Canada, you know: James Bond meets Constable Benton Fraser.

What? Leave me alone with my fantasies.

tanaww
09-15-2008, 09:14 PM
And so Dav's descent begins...
First the cup o' Timmy's.

Then the Leafs Jersey.

Ishara
09-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Sens Tana! With Dav, I have no doubt that it'd be a Sens jersey. ;)

tanaww
09-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Sens Tana! With Dav, I have no doubt that it'd be a Sens jersey. ;)

Shh!! I was implying that perhaps Davian isn't Spammer. He's a Seeker drone. If he's a Seeker drone it's the Leafs, eh?

Or are you implying that Davian is a disciple of SBX? SBX is a Sens fan. You're not, are you? I mean... so close to Detroit...

Davian93
09-16-2008, 07:07 AM
LOL...I actually already own a Leafs jersey (A Doug Gilmour leafs jersey to be exact). I bought it probably 12 years ago.

Ishara
09-16-2008, 08:48 AM
Ha. *Definitely* not a Seeker clone. :p

irerancincpkc
09-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Shh!! I was implying that perhaps Davian isn't Spammer.
Thank you.

I never got the big deal over different brands of coffee. It all smells the same...

Davian93
09-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Thank you.

I never got the big deal over different brands of coffee. It all smells the same...

No it doesnt and it IS a big difference. Dunkin Donuts tastes like it was brewed out of someones arse. Tim Horton tastes fresh and delicious. ;)

MPD is an odd disease.

tanaww
09-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Loves Timmy's - CHECK
Hockey Fan - CHECK
Leafs Jersey Owner - CHECK

It's official. Davian is Canadian. I think he lives closer to Montreal than he's telling.

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Loves Timmy's - CHECK
Hockey Fan - CHECK
Leafs Jersey Owner - CHECK

It's official. Davian is Canadian. I think he lives closer to Montreal than he's telling.

If those are the three checkpoints for being Canadian I guess I need to be included as well. Does it matter that my Leafs jersey is actually a throwback sweater or do I need to actually own a Domi one?

;)

tanaww
09-17-2008, 01:19 PM
If those are the three checkpoints for being Canadian I guess I need to be included as well. Does it matter that my Leafs jersey is actually a throwback sweater or do I need to actually own a Domi one?

;)

Well, I happen to recall that you are from Michigan and, while I'd agree that it's better to claim Canadia than Michigan at the moment, I happen to know of your undying love for the Detroit Red Wings which precludes you from being Canadian. (Sorry, I don't have warm memories of the mitten - no offense)

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I happen to recall that you are from Michigan and, while I'd agree that it's better to claim Canadia than Michigan at the moment, I happen to know of your undying love for the Detroit Red Wings which precludes you from being Canadian. (Sorry, I don't have warm memories of the mitten - no offense)

lolololol

Red Wings are actually the adopted hockey team of Canada and are normally given much affection by Canadians. So technically they help my claim to be Canadian. Or Swedish, if the Wings are my only claim to national affiliation. ;)

I am sorry you have less than warm memories of the Mitten state. Try again sometime and include me in the visit, I will try to alleviate any painful associations!

Ishara
09-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Oooh, I want Saucy! Honourary Canadian!

Crispin's Crispian
09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
No it doesnt and it IS a big difference. Dunkin Donuts tastes like it was brewed out of someones arse. Tim Horton tastes fresh and delicious. ;)

MPD is an odd disease.

Pancake, you need to go to a crappy hotel sometime and try the contintental breakfast coffee. Then go to a nice restaurant for breakfast and have that coffee.

You'll see.

I've heard getting arrested gets you free coffee. Is that true, SBX?

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Dunkin Donuts tastes like it was brewed out of someones arse.

Tanaww's right. No one who really lived in New England would ever say that.

ShadowbaneX
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Pancake, you need to go to a crappy hotel sometime and try the contintental breakfast coffee. Then go to a nice restaurant for breakfast and have that coffee.

You'll see.

I've heard getting arrested gets you free coffee. Is that true, SBX?
I have no idea about the coffee if you're arrested, being the fine, (non-speed-)law-abiding citizen that I am.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me though.

Ishara
09-18-2008, 08:43 AM
Well, I happen to know that the cops up here get their coffee free - if they want it - at any Tim Horton's.

Davian93
09-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Well, I happen to know that the cops up here get their coffee free - if they want it - at any Tim Horton's.

As well they should.