PDA

View Full Version : Something I just realized about AMoL that totally blew my mind

mogi67
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
During the final confrontation between Rand and the Dark One, the Dark One repeatedly refers to Rand as "ADVERSARY".

In Hebrew, the word for adversary or accuser is shaitan (satan). Thus the Dark One was calling Rand/LTT "shai'tan". This was probably obvious for anyone with a clue, but it went over my head the first time through.

mind = blown

WinespringBrother
05-28-2013, 07:40 AM
During the final confrontation between Rand and the Dark One, the Dark One repeatedly refers to Rand as "ADVERSARY".

In Hebrew, the word for adversary or accuser is shaitan (satan). Thus the Dark One was calling Rand/LTT "shai'tan". This was probably obvious for anyone with a clue, but it went over my head the first time through.

mind = blown

Interesting.

Given that it is taboo for anyone to say the Dark One's true name (though obviously Ishamael took liberties in that regard), is it considered blasphemy for darkfriends to say LTT's true name? lol

GonzoTheGreat
05-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Maybe the DO was also just a figment of Rand's imagination. Then his girlfriend brought that fantasy to life, and the rest is history.

ShadowbaneX
05-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Not entirely, but one of the most interesting parts of the book was the lines on page 891 of aMoL.

"With this new form of the Power, Rand pulled together the rent that had been made here long ago by foolish men.
He understood, finally, that the Dark One was not the enemy.
It never had been."

Perhaps there's a little of this (http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/good-point-there-04.jpg) in the story.

Davian93
05-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Maybe the DO was also just a figment of Rand's imagination. Then his girlfriend brought that fantasy to life, and the rest is history.

I'm of the theory that Rand never got his sword up in time after Narg lunged and the entire succeeding novels were all a fever dream as he lay dying in the barn.

Daekyras
05-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm of the theory that Rand never got his sword up in time after Narg lunged and the entire succeeding novels were all a fever dream as he lay dying in the barn.

I knew it!

The cape that Valan Luca wears is obviously the curtains billowing in the wind and rand just incorporates those into his fever dream...