PDA

View Full Version : Any body watch the series premiere of "Fringe"?

Brita
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
As long as you were willing to suspend the need for reality for 90 minutes, it was very enjoyable.

And I don't just mean the Fringe Science- that is obviously going to be imaginitive and completely implausible- as it should be. I mean the star's ability to do pretty much whatever she wants without the FBI, her coworkers or other involved people saying boo about it. As if the FBI would let her take a dying man of global importance and security to the basement of Harvard University to meld her mind with his. But if you're willing to ignore those obvious stretches, it was fun and entertaining.

Anyone else see it?

Crispin's Crispian
09-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I caught most if not all of it. I still don't know exactly who the father/formerly scary/now crazy/now released to do brain research guy is, other than some kind of genius.

I like the chemistry between the two mains--the agent and the son. I also thought the conspiracy stuff was dropped in nicely. I'm hesitant to get roped into yet another "global conspiracy involving ultra-high technology, world governments, and giant corporations" thriller drama, but...not that much. ;)

ShadowbaneX
09-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I saw it and it made me realise that I don't care much for what JJ Abrams produces. Alias wasn't horrible, but I only watched it when nothing else was on. I cannot stand Lost and this one looks little better.

Abrams seems to have a fetish for hiding everything and everything from his audience and that gets old rather quickly.