PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower

yks 6nnetu hing
08-30-2013, 06:50 AM
too lazy to look for a thread on this so...

I got stuck in mid-book 4. 7 or 8 months ago. I keep thinking I'll continue it because some of the motifs I really quite liked and I'd like to know how the story progresses... but then I remember that I kept falling asleep.

so, is it me or has anyone else experienced this too? does it pick up again? I know Dav was massively disappointed by the end of the series but... you kow, that aside, should I go back and finish it?

SauceyBlueConfetti
08-30-2013, 07:49 PM
too lazy to look for a thread on this so...

I got stuck in mid-book 4. 7 or 8 months ago. I keep thinking I'll continue it because some of the motifs I really quite liked and I'd like to know how the story progresses... but then I remember that I kept falling asleep.

so, is it me or has anyone else experienced this too? does it pick up again? I know Dav was massively disappointed by the end of the series but... you kow, that aside, should I go back and finish it?

I never made it past the second book. I found them boring.

GonzoTheGreat
08-31-2013, 03:46 AM
I know Dav was massively disappointed by the end of the series but... you kow, that aside, should I go back and finish it?
I'm stuck somewhere in the second half of the series (can't even quite remember where). Having read Dav's reaction and some spoilers on Wikipedia, I'm not sure I want to try to get back into it, though I sort of did like it too so far.
Thus, I think that you should go back and finish it. Then you can give me another opinion, and that may help me decide without letting me do the actual work of reading a bunch of books that may not be worth it. Then, if following your advice I do restart and find it disappointing, I can blame you.

Good* advice, don't you think?

* Some readers may notice that I don't specify for whom it is good. Most of those readers won't be very surprised by this.

Southpaw2012
08-31-2013, 02:12 PM
I managed to finish the series (including The Wind Through the Keyhole). I found them to be pretty good. I got stuck in book 2 with boredom but once I got going again I flew through it. You're on book 4 (which was my favorite) and I would say to continue and finish it. The ending to the series is interesting and I'm curious to what you think.

Davian93
08-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Dark Tower?

http://www.icheg.org/blog/chegheads/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Dark-Tower-Board-Game.jpg

Figbiscuit
09-02-2013, 10:34 AM
I never got past the second book either, and everything I've read on here doesn't really entice me into revisiting them. On the flip side I have some real world friends who love them, so I don't know. I seem to have developed a bit of a downer on Stephen King and I'm not sure where it's come from as I quite liked his books when I was younger.

Isabel
09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I thonk i also stopped midseries. Too boring and not wtitten in the right writing style or me.

Durvasha
09-12-2013, 01:43 AM
I read it all, and burned the books after reading the ending.

For me, the first book was the hardest to get through. Once I did that, I sailed through next few. Last couple were hard to read but I managed as I am always curious about the ending. When I finished the series, I wanted all that lost time back.

Oatman
09-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I managed to get through all the books.
Not worth it.
It barely even qualifies as a series to me. The major story elements and plot lines are inconsistent book to book.