PDA

View Full Version : Min's Viewing of Tuon

Great Lord of the Dark
09-10-2013, 11:39 PM
"I see a bloody death lily, as I told Mat," Min said. "And three ships, sailing. An insect in the darkness. Red lights, spread across a field that should be lush and ripe. A man with the teeth of a wolf."

No theories yet? Have at you!

I call:
Elayne tries to assassinate Tuon.
The last three ships from Seanchan's civil war arrive.
A Darkfriend amongst the Deathwatch Guard.
Almost no new damane are found in the coming years.
A wolfbrother amongst the High Blood.

Zombie Sammael
09-10-2013, 11:59 PM
"I see a bloody death lily, as I told Mat," Min said. "And three ships, sailing. An insect in the darkness. Red lights, spread across a field that should be lush and ripe. A man with the teeth of a wolf."

We can deduce what some of them probably mean from what we know of the outriggers.

Death lily: No clue.
Three ships sailing: the Empress and Mat and a select few others returning to Seanchan to resolve the civil war there seems most likely. No idea why there would be so few ships, but perhaps maintaining the Return is more important than restoring Seanchan, or perhaps it's felt only that many are needed.
An insect in the darkness: I wish it had said "spider", then I'd be sure it was Moghedien. "Insect" has a few more interpretations but RJ and Brandon ought to know a spider is not an insect, so we can actually rule out Moggy. The darkness makes me think of assassination, since some insects are venomous, but at the same time insects are often viewed as insignificant. The darkness definitely implies a surviving darkfriend.
Red lights/field: Red lights implies fire. Perhaps the devastation of the countryside in Seanchan itself, leading to famine.
Man with the teeth of a wolf: Perrin. Brandon said Perrin would have been involved in the outriggers somehow.

GonzoTheGreat
09-11-2013, 03:00 AM
Three ships sailing: the Empress and Mat and a select few others returning to Seanchan to resolve the civil war there seems most likely. No idea why there would be so few ships, but perhaps maintaining the Return is more important than restoring Seanchan, or perhaps it's felt only that many are needed.
Or maybe, after they've sent those three ships as advance scouts, they remember that they now have Traveling and don't actually need to bother with boats for an invasion.

Rand al'Fain
09-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Well, the lily itself is often used to represent death, so there's that. But a death lily? Has to be something specific to the WOT world itself.

Three ships sailing: For some reason I think of either the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria, or the song "I saw 3 ships". Neither probably have much to do with it though.

An insect in the darkness: A spy perhaps? Though, this sort of happened in AMOL with that DF traitor.

Red lights: Yeah, I'm thinking fires or barren lands. And knowing how civil wars can devastate countries, it very well could mean Seanchan is facing famine.

yks 6nnetu hing
09-11-2013, 03:42 AM
bloody death lily... could it be Gawyn? He took the bloodring from Seanchan and used it against the Seanchan. And the bloodrings can be given out only at the express command of the Empress (iirc)

I think the red lights on a field that should be lush is indeed that there will be "dangerous" Aes Sedai instead of nicely domesticated damane.

GonzoTheGreat
09-11-2013, 04:39 AM
"The lion sword, the dedicated spear, she who sees beyond. Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives. The great battle done, but the world not done with battle. The land divided by the return, and the guardians balance the servants. The future teeters on the edge of a blade."

On which of Tuon's three ships would Rand and the others be?

Davian93
09-11-2013, 07:08 AM
Or maybe, after they've sent those three ships as advance scouts, they remember that they now have Traveling and don't actually need to bother with boats for an invasion.

Exactly.