PDA

View Full Version : Why we are a little paranoid when it comes to our snowflakes

Brita
09-16-2008, 11:27 AM
KAMLOOPS, B.C. - RCMP in Kamloops, B.C., are searching for a suspect after a man tried to grab a little boy at a Kamloops park.

The father of the toddler first raced to rescue his 15-month-old, then called police to report the incident near the waterpark in Riverside Park in downtown Kamloops on Monday afternoon.

RCMP Sgt. Scott Wilson says the father was about 30 metres away from his toddler when the suspect scooped up the child and began to run.

Wilson says the dad managed to close the distance and tackle the man to the ground.

The boy was not hurt but the suspect managed to get away.

He's described as 45-years-old, about 115 kilograms, with short black hair, facial injuries and wearing a red shirt.

Thank God that dad caught up. I've often ran this scenario through my mind- and thought that as long as I could see the abductor I would be after them- no way I'd be stopping to call the police if I had a chance to stay with them.

Davian93
09-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Thank God that dad caught up. I've often ran this scenario through my mind- and thought that as long as I could see the abductor I would be after them- no way I'd be stopping to call the police if I had a chance to stay with them.

This what happens when the childs mother isn't around. That father should lose his custody rights for even allowing the chase to occur!!!

irerancincpkc
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM
This what happens when the childs mother isn't around. That father should lose his custody rights for even allowing the chase to occur!!!
Are they even divorced?

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 11:32 AM

~crosses eyes and sticks out tongue at Dav's cheek~

Brita, I would chase them down, too.

Brita
09-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Dav- you cynicism knows no bounds :p

Davian93
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Are they even divorced?

IF they aren't, they should be. Deadbeat dad like that...probably hits the kid and wife when he isn't so drugged up he allows abduction attempts. And why was he at the park you ask? Because the bum didn't have a job!!!

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 11:37 AM
IF they aren't, they should be. Deadbeat dad like that...probably hits the kid and wife when he isn't so drugged up he allows abduction attempts. And why was he at the park you ask? Because the bum didn't have a job!!!

rofl - you're probably right, you know. I mean, what a deadbeat dad!

irerancincpkc
09-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, don't blame the guy who tried to abduct the child... not his fault at all.

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Of course not, he probably noticed the kids dad was a serious deadbeat, and to prove a point was going to abduct him. Probably call the media right before turning him over to the mother... :rolleyes:

(yes, that's a dig at those two crazy ladies)

Davian93
09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, don't blame the guy who tried to abduct the child... not his fault at all.

No...definitely not. If anything he should get a reward for outting this drug adicted, abusive, monster of a father before he can destroy anymore lives. If anything he should be sueing this monster for damages after being assaulted (ie tackled).

Gilshalos Sedai
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
You forgot "vigilante."

ShadowbaneX
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
fortunately this is Canada, not the US, so we'll go with the benefit of the doubt and assume that the father's the good guy and the abductor the bad, at least until proven otherwise in a legal and official manner.

You know Dave, if you're gonna have to start changing your ways if you're really want to blend into your soon-to-be adopted new country.