PDA

View Full Version : Road trip USA / Canada

Isabel
10-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey all,

As usual i am going to the usa to Jordan con 2014 :) this year i am thinking of combining it with a road trip and visit some friends:)

If you are interested in meeting up and or showing me around let me know. My plans atm are pretty flexible. Although i will be going end of march, beginning of april:)

Ishara
10-28-2013, 08:55 AM
Toronto just got an AWESOME new aquarium...just saying. ;)

Isabel
10-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Hana, i will definetly keep it in mind:)

Great Lord of the Dark
10-31-2013, 10:35 PM
My daughter is in a pile of dance competitions beginning then, but outside of that we could try rally some of the Theoryland Northers somewhere to meet up, depending how far north you make it.

And I should be in Toronto for work the entire week of Apr 8.

Isabel
11-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I will look into it, GLOTD:) in the week of 8 april, i would need to go on 10 april to jordan con.

btw, how far north? Which places? Would be awesome to meet up with all the canadian friends:)

ShadowbaneX
11-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I would think Kingston would probably be a decent place. I could make that, but I doubt I could justify Toronto. Ottawa would be another possibility.

Khoram
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Ottawa would be much easier. Cause, you know, 6 hours of driving and all. :rolleyes:

Unless people wanted to come to Montreal instead... :p By the way, GL, are you happening to drop by next week, per chance, like last year?

Great Lord of the Dark
11-02-2013, 09:38 AM
No Montreal on the horizon for now

Khoram
11-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Darn. Oh well. I guess we won't be witnessing any drunk, desperate men dancing in a bar this year.

Isabel
11-02-2013, 12:43 PM
So where does everyone live? And whats there to see do? Perhaps i can do a road trip and hang out with people and if people are interested, also organise a meet up somewhere in Canada:)

ShadowbaneX
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
GL & I are in Ottawa. Khoram's in Montreal. Ishy's outside of Toronto. Brita's a bit further out iirc.

Khoram
11-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I think Cor is somewhere in Ontario, too.

Looks like the majority of Theorylanders are.

Ishara
11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Brita is in Thunder Bay. Not much to do up there but see Brita, if you know what I mean. ;)

Isa, we're all fairly far away here in Ontario. Both Ottawa and Montreal are beautiful and chock full of Canadian History, as well as museums and galleries and lovely parks etc. They will likely not be WARM in April, but you're tough. :)

If you want to come back this way, you are more than welcome to stay at our place, obvs. But, you've seen the big stuff Toronto and the surrounding area's got to offer already, except for the aquarium (seriously, it's AWESOME).

Southpaw2012
11-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey all,

As usual i am going to the usa to Jordan con 2014 :) this year i am thinking of combining it with a road trip and visit some friends:)

If you are interested in meeting up and or showing me around let me know. My plans atm are pretty flexible. Although i will be going end of march, beginning of april:)

Jordancon with Sanderson and Rothfuss = win.

Frenzy
11-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Jordancon with Sanderson and Rothfuss = win.

i know. wish i could go again :(

Isabel
11-07-2013, 11:59 AM
i know. wish i could go again :(

:( Are you certain you can't?
Would it help if i said that Pops is probably going!

Isabel
11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
I need to be making more concrete plans :) :)

My idea is now to find out if there are interesting places to visit near Toronto, Montreal and Ottowa or part of those.

Are people interested to organise a Canadian meet and what are than the options for everyone? :) Where can they meet up? And is it only possible in the weekend or during the week? :)

Khoram
11-14-2013, 12:31 PM
There's quite a bit to see in Montreal - many museums, we have our infamous Red Light district, if you are so inclined, we have hockey, even in April (:D), the Big O (if you're feeling adventurous - you know, because of falling roofs and all that), the Biodome, Botanical Gardens... There are also quite some gems in terms of restaurants. :)

ShadowbaneX
11-14-2013, 07:21 PM
First, it's OttAwa.

As for availability, I'm unsure. I can definitely meet here. Kingston or Montreal are outside possibilities. Toronto? I'm on record as saying I wouldn't go there to save the planet so that's probably out.

Isabel
11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Haha, i will try to remember it SBX :)

And sounds good Khoram. I just wish it was 10 degrees celsius warmer in Canada in march / april :D

Khoram
11-15-2013, 11:33 AM
We're supposed to have a fairly mild winter this year. Which means more snow... :(

ShadowbaneX
11-15-2013, 11:45 AM
We're supposed to have a fairly mild winter this year. Which means more snow... :(
Awesome. Better snow than -30.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-15-2013, 02:12 PM
we have hockey, even in April (:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Khoram
11-17-2013, 12:45 PM
Awesome. Better snow than -30.

I hate snow. :/

ShadowbaneX
11-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I hate snow. :/

Snow is awesome (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chaoticmind75/sets/72157626146319517/).

Khoram
11-18-2013, 04:57 PM
I hate it because I'm the one that has to remove it. :mad:

Although I do really like the first snowfall. And when everything is quiet.

ShadowbaneX
11-18-2013, 10:15 PM
I hate it because I'm the one that has to remove it. :mad:

Although I do really like the first snowfall. And when everything is quiet.
Indeed. I know the feeling. That said, snow blowers are amazing inventions.

Khoram
11-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Indeed. I know the feeling. That said, snow blowers are amazing inventions.

When they work. The one I have at my disposal is old, rickety, and breaks down pretty much at the beginning of the season. I've tried to have my employers purchase a new one, but they always "bring it in to get fixed/tuned up" and leave it at that. If I wasn't really strapped for cash, I wouldn't be doing it. :(

Isabel
11-24-2013, 07:55 AM
I am not sure anymore if i am going to Canada:(
I really really really would love to visit you all and meet up.
But unfortunately it seems for a lot of things I like to do (like seeing wildlife) it's the wrong season.

Isabel
11-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Hey all,
It does seem like I am not visiting Canada and Charleston anymore.

I really do want to meet everyone, but as I said when I started looking into the activities about what to do in Canada while not meeting you all I didn't became enthousiastic. I really need to become enthousiastic about doing touristy stuff and or seeing amazing wildlife :)
Normally its no problem, but here it seemed like i really liked the things which I couldn't do, because it wasn't the right season.

I am however still going to Jordan Con and hope to meet some of you guys and girls there. And otherwise I do still want to visit Canada, only not this year.

Sorry:(

Isabel

Khoram
11-28-2013, 05:19 PM
:( Well, it'll have to be another time, then.

Isabel
11-29-2013, 02:26 AM
:( Well, it'll have to be another time, then.

Yeah!but you can also organise an awesome Canadian meet up:)