PDA

View Full Version : Fail

Davian93
09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Pa. woman mistakes skunk for cat, gets sprayed
The Associated Press

MOUNT CARMEL, Pa.A Pennsylvania woman who thought she was petting a neighbor's cat got a smelly surprise when it turned out to be a skunk.
Not only did the skunk spray the woman before dawn Monday, but it ran into her Mount Carmel home. Police spent hours at the home before leaving the scene; there was no immediate word if they were able to remove the animal.

~shakes head~

LMAO.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Um... oops.

http://deesinbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/baby_skunks.jpg

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 03:23 PM
lol :D
I was looking for that pic, Gil. Skunks are so cute. I wish they weren't smelly!

Sinistrum
09-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Apparently you can get them de-stinkified and they actually make fairly good pets.

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I've been banned from adopting more animals. I'm trying to persuade my sweetie to move onto a farm with me and let me have lots of animals. So far, I'm not anywhere near convincing him. ~sigh~

Terez
09-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Can the itty ones even spray?

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a mature ability.

Sei'taer
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure it's a mature ability.

Oh no, they can spray. When I worked in MS at a factory we had a mom with babies living on the storage yard and they could definitely spray. Aha, found something on it. (http://www.awrc.org/skunks.htm)

tanaww
09-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Apparently you can get them de-stinkified and they actually make fairly good pets.

That's what they say about lizards and I don't believe that either! :)

Ozymandias
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
I love that the police had to come and spend hours getting the animal out of her house. So glad that valuable tax payer money is going towards having the police helping retards find skunks in their homes instead of, say, patrolling the streets, preventing crime.

Davian93
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I love that the police had to come and spend hours getting the animal out of her house. So glad that valuable tax payer money is going towards having the police helping retards find skunks in their homes instead of, say, patrolling the streets, preventing crime.

But Ozy the comedic value is priceless.

Cary Sedai
09-16-2008, 05:16 PM
ST! Did you have to link that!? I don't mind learning they can spray when they are kits, but those pictures were sooooo cute! That's just evil on your part, you know!

The Immortal One
09-16-2008, 10:26 PM
who thought she was petting a neighbor's cat
Is she stupid or what?

Doesn't she know that you should never touch an animal you don't know (and doesn't know you)?

This is the kind of idiocy which leads to getting bitten by somebody's dog - even when it gives clear warning that it doesn't want to be touched - and then causing a huge public outcry about 'vicious' dogs which gets the poor thing put down!

Frenzy
09-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Speaking of comedic value, a few years back a police officer up in Fremont, CA was responding to a domestic dispute call, and when he got there the family's 5 dogs attacked him. 5 chihuahuas. And he had to go to the hospital to get a few nasty bites on his ankles stitched up.

can you imagine the shit this guy must have to deal with on a daily basis because of this? ~rotflmao~

The Immortal One
09-17-2008, 03:24 AM
Oh, like the zookeeper who had a nervous breakdown because his co-workers kept hassling him over being beaten up by a chimpanzee once?

GonzoTheGreat
09-17-2008, 03:48 AM
I was looking for that pic, Gil. Skunks are so cute. I wish they weren't smelly!They aren't. The Mythbusters have definitively busted that myth.

Sodas
09-17-2008, 03:51 AM
There are two things I hate :

Skunks.

And people who leave their trash next to the community trash compactor.

Davian93
09-17-2008, 06:28 AM
Oh, like the zookeeper who had a nervous breakdown because his co-workers kept hassling him over being beaten up by a chimpanzee once?

Isn't the average chimp 4 times stronger than a person?...I remember reading that somewhere. I know I wouldn't mess with a chimp.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I'd rather have a racoon, though from what Strongman used to tell us in chat, they're no picnic.

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 10:44 AM
They aren't. The Mythbusters have definitively busted that myth.

Aren't what, cute or smelly?

John Snow
09-17-2008, 10:55 AM
She lets a couple of our cats out periodically, one of whom - Hoagey by name - has white legs, belly, & part of his face. Late in the evening she went out to bring the two guys in, and thought she saw Hoagey trotting off to the garage when she called. So she said something like 'hoagey, get your furry butt over here' and followed him over to the garage, which is in a corner of our yard, stepped through the side door & flipped on the light. And of course it wasn't Hoagey at all, it was one of our many neighborhood skunks. So my wife backed off slowly, in a very non-threatening manner. Meanwhile the two cats were sitting over on the steps to the patio, watching all this with very bemused expressions on their faces, along the lines of 'doesn't she know about skunks?'

Gilshalos Sedai
09-17-2008, 10:58 AM
No, what they were actually thinking was, "Bet you the last of the catnip, she tries to pick that sucker up, Hoagey."

"Yer on, dude."

Strongman
09-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Gilshalos Sedai: I'd rather have a racoon, though from what Strongman used to tell us in chat, they're no picnic.

A racoon is like keeping up with a 2 year old after they've had 3 Red Bulls & eating pixie sticks. And those are the good days....lol

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
STRONG!!!!!!!!

~dumps fairy dust on Strong~

I've missed you! I still want a raccoon. Those pics you showed me were sooooo cute. I want a skunk, too. I had an o'possum for 2 days. I want a goat, and a pony, maybe some ducks, too. :D

I've never had a run in with a skunk. However I'm fighting a losing battle against the raccoons and possums who want to come in the cat door to get my cat's food. I shoo off either a possum or a raccon or three at least three times a week.

GonzoTheGreat
09-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Aren't what, cute or smelly?
Smelly. The ones that appeared on the show were quite cute. Haven't you seen that episode?

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Smelly. The ones that appeared on the show were quite cute. Haven't you seen that episode?

Nope... I rarely watch tv. I don't even have cable. :eek:

GonzoTheGreat
09-17-2008, 11:50 AM
If you don't watch Mythbusters, then what kind of nerd are you, anyway? :eek:

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I AM A NERD! I rent SF&F from netflix, and I tune in for Stargate, BSG and Heroes. Well, I did tune in for Stargate, until I couldn't afford cable, same for BSG. I didn't watch Heroes at first, cause of extenuating circumstances, but I'm all caught up now and impatiently awaiting the new season!

I read, a lot. I play video games. I have roll played, but no one to play with now. I swear I'm a nerd! I go to renfest and I made my own dress for it! Plus I'm a fairy!

I'm a nerd. (and a fairy) :cool:

Strongman
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
My dad has a pet goose, when he took it out of the incubator, it imprinted on him and follows him like a puppy.

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Awwww. Shhhh, don't tell me these cute stories! :p