PDA

View Full Version : Making me angry

Daekyras
01-07-2014, 11:24 AM
http://www.bestfantasybooks.com/top25-fantasy-books.php

The wheel of time entry in this list makes me very angry. I cant put my finger on why. Maybe its just
the lowly level it is placed at or the fact that I detest some of the books above...

yks 6nnetu hing
01-08-2014, 03:44 AM
There are books in the top of the list there that I've never even heard of. If they're that good, why arent'they more popular?

I know what's bothering you about the WoT entry, it's the use of the word "still" about twice in every sentence. And the claim that WoT is not complex.

Mort
01-09-2014, 05:37 AM
WoT gets #5 of the voted section though. If that counts for anything.

I for one will never be able to be objective about "the greatness of WoT", so why should I expect any list to be so either? Use the list and read the ones you havn't already and make up your own mind. No need to get upset about it.

Quite a few there I havn't read, maybe they are a few hidden gems in there.

DahLliA
01-13-2014, 04:57 PM
A Song of Wieners and "There will be dragons" in the 1st spot makes this a worthless list IMO.

EDIT: at least they managed to stick MBotF and Black Company in the top 5.

EDIT 2: and apparently fail at reading. Top 6 would be correct.

rand
01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
It's kinda funny how the "books similar to..." section lists almost the exact same books for each book on the list.

Not sure how aSoIaF could possibly be first since it's nowhere near done, and only 3 of the 5 books are any good. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but best fantasy series ever when it's only halfway done seems a bit much.

Frenzy
01-14-2014, 12:36 AM
This list has Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn on it. It is therefor crap.

GonzoTheGreat
01-14-2014, 04:37 AM
The list dooesn't contain nuts. Or at least, it lacks the Discworld, which is a far more obvious sign of its deficiency than the one that Frenzy mentioned.

Rand al'Fain
01-15-2014, 03:26 AM
So, the most influential series (LOTR) is not on top, or top 2? And Wheel of Time THAT far down? Yeesh.

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Seeing Gormanghast on this list basically makes it irrelevant recommendation to me. I hated that book with a white hot passion.

The writing skills of the listmaker are sorely lacking, which again takes a big whack job to the thought of looking at any of those books that I have not already read. The descriptions of the ones I HAVE read are pitiful to say the least.

Figbiscuit
01-23-2014, 06:56 AM
Gonzo says there's no Discworld on it. I'm not even going to look at it. Also agree with the comment about ASOIAF being number 1 and unfinished. Was this list produced by HBO?