PDA

View Full Version : Entertain me

SauceyBlueConfetti
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM
I am at work and on a conference call that I have absolutely nothing to do with other than monitor for accuracy for someone else. The information is basically the equivalent of kindergarten level for my work. I have answered all my outstanding emails, completed all my general paperwork and now am staring at my desk and dismissing the idea of organizing old paperwork for filing/tossing.

I AM SO BORED

I need entertainment.

Isabel
01-17-2014, 11:32 AM
I just see the post, sorry if i am late;)

Not sure what i can do to entertain you. I can probably annoy you, if you go read the guardian article about the hugo nomination for wot:p

Although last weeks D&D I played with other theorylanders was really fun ;)

Nazbaque
01-17-2014, 11:47 AM
I am at work and on a conference call that I have absolutely nothing to do with other than monitor for accuracy for someone else. The information is basically the equivalent of kindergarten level for my work. I have answered all my outstanding emails, completed all my general paperwork and now am staring at my desk and dismissing the idea of organizing old paperwork for filing/tossing.

I AM SO BORED

I need entertainment.

Never fear! Your friendly neighborhood bonfire is here!

Now Saucy, set me on fire! Go on. You know you want to. I could burn some of that paperwork while I'm at it.

Sarevok
01-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Soooooo tempted to just go ahead and set Naz on fire... :cool:

Frenzy
01-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Soooooo tempted to just go ahead and set Naz on fire... :cool:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/027f948d6e56708236aa6de92b82b007/tumblr_my5hbtKCrf1qz6ghqo1_500.gif

Khoram
01-17-2014, 11:21 PM
I see the title of the thread, and I think to myself "Must... serve... Frenzy..."

Then I see SBC created the thread, and I think "Must... serve... Frenzy..."

:p

Does comedy count? Cause I'm no good at that. Sorry to burst your bubble. ;)

GonzoTheGreat
01-18-2014, 03:45 AM
Maybe a limerick will do. I'll supply the first line:

A saucy Confetti was feeling blue

Tomp
01-18-2014, 04:50 PM

She was depressed, had nothing to do

Nazbaque
01-18-2014, 10:31 PM

I am bored, she cried

GonzoTheGreat
01-19-2014, 03:33 AM
I am bored, she cried
Even my paperwork has died

Nazbaque
01-19-2014, 04:32 AM
Too long Gonzo. Five to Seven syllables. You've got eight there. Might let it be otherwise, but the line I put was only five syllables and so it doesn't fit the rythm.

GonzoTheGreat
01-19-2014, 05:16 AM
Everybody's a critic these days. What is the world coming to?

I am bored, she cried
My paperwork died

Nazbaque
01-19-2014, 05:55 AM
Well there was a time when quite few people refrained from criticising because those who didn't refrain were killed by people who a few years earlier had yelled "vive la revolution". Since then the warcry has changed quite a few times going to the other extreme of "heil hitler" and other variations. As that was where we came from and now we are at "everybody is a critic" then we might actually be going to where people actually listen to the criticisms. Of course we could also pull a 180 and invade Poland.

GonzoTheGreat
01-19-2014, 06:57 AM
We could do both. Invade Poland and then listen to the ensuing criticism. Then again, according to the reports, all the Polish people are in Western Europe already anyway, so it may be that no one would notice the invasion, which would probably cut down on the level of criticism. Perhaps we could hire the Poles to do the invading. They'd likely be cheaper than German soldiers, anyways.

Isabel
01-19-2014, 07:31 AM
We could do both. Invade Poland and then listen to the ensuing criticism. Then again, according to the reports, all the Polish people are in Western Europe already anyway, so it may be that no one would notice the invasion, which would probably cut down on the level of criticism. Perhaps we could hire the Poles to do the invading. They'd likely be cheaper than German soldiers, anyways.

Lol that is so wrong:D

Sarevok
01-19-2014, 10:27 AM
LOL, Gonzo! :D

Also, I'm going to second SBCs suggestion of entertainment. I'm also at work, but unfortunately without a conference call to take my mind of the boredom. :(

Nazbaque
01-19-2014, 11:52 AM

Ah but we will cut down the criticism by returning all the stolen cars. Theoryland will be the world's police taking over countries and returning the stolen goods. We'll put Tam in charge as a figure head until we find Perrin. Our more senior male members form the capital council and female members form the women's circle. There will be some plotting going on behind the scenes and I'll let Gonzo think he is the one pulling the strings on it. But that's in the future, right now we need to add some Polish to our enslaved labour force which at the moment is limited to pops taer.

Tomp
01-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Everybody's a critic these days. What is the world coming to?

I am bored, she cried
My paperwork just died

How about ending it with:

"And soon I'll start flinging poo"

Edit: I put a "just" in there to make it flow a little smoother (i.e. the text, not the poo)

GonzoTheGreat
01-20-2014, 04:34 AM
Now that that entertainment has run it's course, it's time for the next part of the programme.

I got 8,059 points (http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20131206-how-well-do-you-know-the-world-play-geoguessr-to-find-out) on my first attempt.

Edited to add: I managed to improve to 10,821 on my second try.

Matoyak
01-31-2014, 02:47 AM
Bit late to the conversation here, but allow me to point you to a few easy distractions that aren't likely to take TOO much time from you at any one point:

Candy Box (http://candies.aniwey.net/)
it's sequel:
Candy Box 2 (http://candybox2.net/)
and the Breaking Bad-themed version of Cookie Clicker:
Clicking Bad (http://clickingbad.nullism.com/)

Cheers, y'all.

EDIT: Also, long time no post. How's everyone doin'?