PDA

View Full Version : My friend needs a bone marrow transplant

czymann
01-20-2014, 12:45 PM
I have been going around to different sites that I am a member of to try and get this message out. Apparently GW2Guru does not allow it.

One of my best friends of 30 years needs a bone marrow transplant. He has about a year before his condition is untreatable. He has a rare blood type and so far there has been no match.

What I am asking here is for people to donate stem cells to save lives. I am not asking for money donations. All the info is provided by the following link.

Please Save Cancer Victims
http://bethematch.org/Support-the-Cause/Donate-bone-marrow/Join-the-marrow-registry/Join-now/

I thank you all
Dave (aka czymann)

yks 6nnetu hing
01-22-2014, 02:49 AM
So sorry for your friend :(

We heard yesterday that a family friend's mother had passed away. She was quite young, and even though the cancer had speread widely before they discovered it, the doctors had predicted she might have a few months still but in the end it was just a few weeks. Life sucks sometimes.

I can't do the US thing but you've reminded me to get myself registered here.

Frenzy
01-23-2014, 01:35 AM
i'm already on the registry :)

Figbiscuit
01-23-2014, 05:51 AM
I'm also outside the US so can't help.

I'm also prevented from being a donor in the UK for most things due to the fact that my OH lived and worked in The Gambia for three years. He had malaria three times and also some other things happened which made them look at me askance and say that I could possibly go on a donor register 12 months after we split up. Can't give blood or anything. Hate that. We've been together for nine and a half years. I think if he was carrying anything serious I'd know about it by now.

Davian93
01-23-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm also outside the US so can't help.

I'm also prevented from being a donor in the UK for most things due to the fact that my OH lived and worked in The Gambia for three years. He had malaria three times and also some other things happened which made them look at me askance and say that I could possibly go on a donor register 12 months after we split up. Can't give blood or anything. Hate that. We've been together for nine and a half years. I think if he was carrying anything serious I'd know about it by now.

Can't the Mad Cow thing stay dormant for years if not decades? I remember reading something about that and how difficult that could be for your NHS to deal with in the next couple decades due to the mass exposure in the UK.

Figbiscuit
01-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Can't the Mad Cow thing stay dormant for years if not decades? I remember reading something about that and how difficult that could be for your NHS to deal with in the next couple decades due to the mass exposure in the UK.

Now that I don't know the answer to, but I doubt it'll be a problem anyway, if the current governmental incumbents have their way there won't be an NHS in the next couple of decades.