PDA

View Full Version : Coke addicts

Terez
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
For any of you who are addicted to coke, like me - not diet coke, or pepsi, or cocaine, but Coca-Cola Classic - I recommend that you try coke zero. I had a couple of diet coke people tell me it tasted just like real coke, and of course I don't trust the opinion of people who drink that nasty shit, so I tried it myself. It really does taste just like regular coke. No funky taste, no funky aftertaste. The only perceptible difference is a slight (and I do mean very slight) lack of sweetness. It's still very sweet, but perhaps just barely not as sweet as regular coke.

Oh, and supposedly it's 95% water. :)

[/end advert]

Anaiya Sedai
09-17-2008, 01:52 PM
*wonders if coke zero only just came out in the US*

Gilshalos Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
No, some of us are just slow to trust the newfangled Coke stuff since The New Coke. (Which was actually terrible.)

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes, New Coke was awful, though many of you aren't old enough to remember it...

Davian93
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, New Coke was awful, though many of you aren't old enough to remember it...

Brutal just brutal...

Anyone remember Crystal Pepsi?

Gilshalos Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
*shudder* *gag* Though now they call it Sierra Mist.

It's preferable to dying of thirst. That's all I can say.

irerancincpkc
09-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I think I'll stick to regular Coke, especially after the time I tried caffine free Coke (:eek: ); it is the only type of pop that I drink...

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Anyone remember Crystal Pepsi?
I don't like Pepsi so I don't pay attention to it.

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I think I'll stick to regular Coke, especially after the time I tried caffine free Coke (:eek: ); it is the only type of pop that I drink...
Just try it, Spammer. Even caffeine free coke tastes more different than coke zero.

irerancincpkc
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Just try it, Spammer. Even caffeine free coke tastes more different than coke zero.
You misunderstood me, I hated caffeine free coke, which is why I am hesistant to try the zero brand.

But I'll trust your judgement and pick up a bottle, even though they have really awful commercials promoting the drink. :D I mean, have you seen them? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv8YgrqUCVU)

Anaiya Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't drink many fizzy drinks. I prefer coke zero to regular coke or diet coke.
I tried caffeine free coke for the first time a few weeks ago, and I actually like it more than coke zero, as a fizzy drink. but I don't think it's comparable, really. if that makes any sense.

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
You misunderstood me, I hated caffeine free coke, which is why I am hesistant to try the zero brand.
I didn't misunderstand you. I'm just saying that the taste difference is barely perceptible, whereas it was more perceptible with caffeine free coke. ;)

But I'll trust your judgement and pick up a bottle, even though they have really awful commercials promoting the drink. :D I mean, have you seen them? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv8YgrqUCVU)
I don't watch TV. :p

Davian93
09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Coke Addict

http://sawkick.com/wp-content/media/2007/08/Tony_Montana_Coke.jpg

irerancincpkc
09-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I didn't misunderstand you. I'm just saying that the taste difference is barely perceptible, whereas it was more perceptible with caffeine free coke. ;)
Gotcha. :D

I don't watch TV. :p

Hey now, I'm no TV junkie. :D I watch three shows, and one of them is a news program and the other two haven't been on for 9 months. :mad:

~Stupid writer's strike~

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:30 PM
ROFL :D

Seriously, that was the first thing to pop into my mind when I read the title. Terez, you tease! ;)

As for coca-cola... YUCK, to all the different varieties! Give me rootbeer! :D

And under no circumstances give me anything diet. ~shudder~

Crispin's Crispian
09-17-2008, 02:34 PM
You people are serious snobs. If I drank anything other than diet on a regular basis, my teeth would fall out and I would weight 300 lbs. Wait...if my teeth fell out I wouldn't be able to eat as much, so...problem solved!

But seriously, Diet Coke isn't bad. Diet Pepsi tastes like barely flavored seltzer water, which is not good.

But Diet Dr. Pepper is the best.

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Diet Coke is nasty and anyone who drinks it is by default a snob.

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I can't stand the after taste that aspartame, splenda, sweet n low... and all those things leave.

So, no diet for me. Besides, if you are worried about your wieght what the hell are you drinking sodas for!? Drink some damn water! :p

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
That's what I love about coke zero. No funky aftertaste whatsoever. And I strained to detect aftertaste.

It's always good to ditch calories when you can. I won't sacrifice taste for it, though. :)

Gilshalos Sedai
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
I drink about 8-9 16.9 oz bottles of water a day. I also drink about 3 cans of Diet Caffeine Free Coke. (I had to cut back on the caffeine somehow, and coffee is better.)

I think I'm plenty hydrated. Speaking of, I need to go refill my bottle.

Brita
09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
That's what I love about coke zero. No funky aftertaste whatsoever. And I strained to detect aftertaste.
Terez- did you just buy Coke Zero stocks? You sound like you should be on a commercial :p

Terez
09-17-2008, 02:56 PM
lol...I'm not trying to sell it to anyone that doesn't already drink coke, so there's no benefit to the humongous coke corporation implicit here...

Crispin's Crispian
09-17-2008, 03:00 PM
T, I'm not a snob because I am not opposed to regular Coke for any reason other than it has more sugar than I want. Refusing to drink diet because it tastes bad to you is snobbish. Snob.

And Cary, I drink lots of water, too. Sodas are my treat with lunch and sometimes dinner (when I don't have wine or beer).

Terez
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
T, I'm not a snob because I am not opposed to regular Coke for any reason other than it has more sugar than I want. Refusing to drink diet because it tastes bad to you is snobbish. Snob.
Everyone knows that all the snobs drink Diet, for precisely the same reason as you. :p

Ishara
09-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I can't believe we agree on anything...but I too love Coke Zero. It does indeed taste identical to Coke. So damn good, without the ten tablespoons of sugar. My only problem with it is that it tends to get flat much faster than regular coke, so drink it fast. ;)

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 03:14 PM
And Cary, I drink lots of water, too. Sodas are my treat with lunch and sometimes dinner (when I don't have wine or beer).

I wasn't picking on anyone, I was just trying to be a snob, too! :p

I drink water, lots of water, probably a gallon a day. I also drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day. I drink a soda 2 or 3 times a week. I never diet. I eat what I want when I want. I don't care about my size, or anyone elses size. The only thing I try to do, is be healthy.

I always wonder if there is something addicting about the artificial sweetners.

Sarevok
09-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Hmm, I really need to try this diet coke everyone here keeps talking about. Only account I have of it is PD telling me it's not like Cola Light...

And terez:
Oh, and supposedly it's 95% water.
It's a watery drink... if it'd be anything less than 95% water it wouldn't be properly fluid anymore...

tworiverswoman
09-17-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL @ Sare... excellent point, though ;) Proportionally speaking, it SHOULD be about 99% water...

I used to be a Coca-Cola addict (long before the disaster with New Coke) then I became a Dr. Pepper addict, but I have to say that Diet Dr. Pepper is the NASTIEST crap I've ever allowed to cross my tongue.

(Shut UP, dragon!)

My current favorite is Crystal Light and generic versions of it -- not the pre-bottled stuff -- the powder. I refuse to drink water, except sometimes at restaurants.

~puts on best W.C. Fields voice~
"Fish fornicate in water..." ~twiddles fingers suggestively

Terez
09-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Dr. Pepper is the NASTIEST crap I've ever allowed to cross my tongue.
I agree.

Davian93
09-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree.

So do I.

Crispin's Crispian
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
You people are flippin' crazy. Everyone loves DP.

Terez
09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
It tastes like decaying flesh.

Frenzy
09-17-2008, 07:15 PM
1) Dr. Pooper is nasty.

2) i'll take root beer any day. i loves me a good bottle of Henry's. but i prefer iced tea.

3) Mr. Frenzy drinks between 8-12 cans of soda a day. it used to be plain coke, until he did the math and it added up to over 2,000 calories from soda alone. So he switched to Diet. Then a few years ago he switched to Coke Zero. It's pretty good, as sodas go. a HELL of a lot better than diet coke.

4) anyone drink Mellow Yellow anymore? Or how about Moxie? ;)

Uncle Fisty
09-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Moxie? ;)Ugh. What a vile liquid that is. The store I work at just started carrying it here in Florida, and the store manager had the employees taste it. If evil had a flavor, that would be it.

Cary Sedai
09-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Ugh. What a vile liquid that is. The store I work at just started carrying it here in Florida, and the store manager had the employees taste it. If evil had a flavor, that would be it.

Maybe that's why Frenzy likes it. :D

I miss mellow yellow, it's not sold around here. I had a bottle back in July, they sell it in Arkansas.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Or how about Moxie? ;)

We need a vomit emoticon.

What's mellow yellow? That sounds gross too.

Terez
09-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Mellow Yellow has gone out of fashion. Mountain Dew popularity killed it, I think.

Oh, and for root beer, I prefer Barq's, preferably in a bottle. Not sure why...

Ishara
09-18-2008, 07:49 AM
So um, in true Canadian fashion, I kind of loved Sierra Mist when I tried it. It made me sad that they don't sell it in Canada. Also, has anyone tried Sprite Zero? Equally as yummy as Sprite, but diet!

irerancincpkc
09-18-2008, 08:03 AM
It tastes like decaying flesh.
Then you are crazy. Officially, I mean. Dr. Pepper is better than anything but Coke.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Sprite /= Sierra Mist. Blech.

Ivhon
09-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I used to be a Coke snob. Then I got on Weight Watchers and figured that the poorest caloric choice I could make would be to drink non-diet soda.

Now Im at the point where I actually *gasp* prefer the diet. Regular is too sweet and syrupy and gives me more heartburn.

I have to say, though, that for once I am 100% with Muttley on a beverage. Diet DP ftw.

Davian93
09-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I only drink diet pepsi. rarely I'll have diet coke. Regular cola tastes like syrup now.

Marie Curie 7
09-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Diet Coke is my (non-alcoholic) beverage of choice - I guess that makes me a snob. :)

I really dislike the taste of Diet Pepsi, and it annoys me when people consider them to be interchangeable. For example, I was flying to Philadelphia recently, and the flight attendant asked what I wanted, and I specified Diet Coke. Most times people will ask if Diet Pepsi is okay instead, and I sometimes will select something else if only Diet Pepsi is available. This flight attendant just plopped a Diet Pepsi down in front of me, though, without even asking if that substitution was acceptable. (I suppose I should be happy that I got something to drink from the airline for "free", considering that they're charging for pretty much everything else....)

I also like Diet A&W root beer, though. And there are local root beers that are good. I've had some good Sprecher root beer, but you can only get that in and around Milwaukee and cheeseland, I think.

Oh, and Sare:

It's a watery drink... if it'd be anything less than 95% water it wouldn't be properly fluid anymore...

Um, I could take 30% water and 70% ethanol, and I'd still have a proper fluid. :D

Gilshalos Sedai
09-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Lots of things are fluid that have nothing to do with water.

Brita
09-18-2008, 02:15 PM
I only drink diet pepsi. rarely I'll have diet coke. Regular cola tastes like syrup now.

re: soft drinks I am a diet Pepsi drinker as well- but my beverage of choice is coffee.

mmmmmm...coffee....

Davian93
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
re: soft drinks I am a diet Pepsi drinker as well- but my beverage of choice is coffee.

mmmmmm...coffee....

I go into work with a 22 oz Tim Horton's (This used to be a Green Mountain Coffee cup or sometimes my steel IKEA one) coffee cup and 3 diet pepsi cans in my lunch cooler bag. I sometimes suppliment the coffee with an additional thermos that's also around 22 oz on days that I'm very tired (usually you guys will notice its days when I post particularly biting and cynical comments). I switch over to soda at lunch (around 1145 ) From 0700-1145 its almost always pure coffee. From 1145-1630 its diet pepsi.

So yeah.

Edited to correct Canadianisms.

Ishara
09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Dude, if you're gonna be a proper Canadian it's Tim Horton's. Just so you know. ;)

tanaww
09-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Dude, if you're gonna be a proper Canadian it's Tim Horton's. Just so you know. ;)

Funny... I thought it was "A cup of Timmy's" eh?

Terez
09-19-2008, 12:18 PM
He ought've changed his name to Joe...

Bryan Blaire
09-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Coke Zero just doesn't taste like regular Coke. It tastes less like Coke than Diet Dr. Pepper tastes like regular Dr. Pepper, ie, still nasty.

If you are going to drink sodas of any kind, do it in moderation. There are several studies that show that it doesn't really matter whether you are drinking regular Cokes or the diet varieties, any carbonated drinks still cause you to gain some weight, though the diet varieties usually do cause less weight gain.

Personally, I just factor my Coke calories into my dietary intake for the day and eat appropriately. Frankly, processed carbs are processed carbs and unless the carbs are actually fiber, they are usually bad for you. Low fat diets cause you to gain weight because they are loaded with sugar. Low sugar diets make you gain weight because they are loaded with fat. Either way, you think you are being healthy, but you aren't. Drinking things with colorings like "caramel" aren't generally healthy regardless of calorie content, sodium content or fat content. Actually being healthy and having actual as-little-processed food as possible is the best dietary advice anyone can give, as opposed to just informing people to drink diet or non-sugar varieties of Cokes.

Terez
09-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Fuck off, Bryan. There's something wrong with your tastebuds. :p

Crispin's Crispian
09-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Low fat diets cause you to gain weight because they are loaded with sugar. Low sugar diets make you gain weight because they are loaded with fat.
This is a pretty big generalization. I think what you mean is that low fat foods are loaded with sugar, and vice versa.

You can certainly have a low fat diet that takes sugar in moderation.

Actually being healthy and having actual as-little-processed food as possible is the best dietary advice anyone can give, as opposed to just informing people to drink diet or non-sugar varieties of Cokes.
Well, we weren't really discussing health aspects--I just used that as a reason why I don't drink regular soft drinks (non-diet), among others.

I think the studies you're talking about were done with people who drink a lot of soft drinks, not one a day or less. Everything else being equal (heh), you're going to consume less calories by changing from regular to diet soda. It's just that usually everything else isn't equal.

Bryan Blaire
09-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Okay, it's a big generalization, but frankly, lots of people in the US have come to believe that you are automatically eating healthy if everything you are eating only "low fat" or only "low sugar", and don't understand why they are still gaining weight.

As far as the drinking diet sodas and still gaining weight, the ones I'm referring to actually show that it is the carbonation itself that can help cause weight gain, or at the minimum, weight retention.

Coke Zero and diet cokes of all varieties are still nasty, taste wise. ;)

tanaww
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Coke Zero and diet cokes of all varieties are still nasty, taste wise. ;)

Try adding a little rum ;)

Cary Sedai
09-19-2008, 02:30 PM
.Coke Zero and diet cokes of all varieties are still nasty, taste wise. ;)

Yes they are! Nasty, nasty, nasty!

ETA: LOL, Tana. And even if it still tastes nasty you won't care after a few anyhow!

Crispin's Crispian
09-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Try adding a little rum ;)
Blech. I've done it. The sugar in regular Coke makes a big difference in that case...

Birgitte
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I agree. I can't stand any of that fake sugar stuff. It's gross. Coke zero isn't any better. They were handing out cans of it on campus last week for some promotion. I tried it, but it was gross. Like that Pepsi One they tried selling around here a few years ago.

tanaww
09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Reminds me of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQ9PPS3s34)

And this one :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q0O1zFYgg4)

Ah I love that show...

Sei'taer
09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Remember a year ago when I lost like 40lbs. Thats when I stopped drinking Coke. I was drinking a minimum of 2 2liters (4 liters) of Coke a day.

Now, on a normal day, I have a big bubba full of coffee. Not sure how many ounces it is, but I'm gonna guess it's 32.
4 or 5 big bubbas of water, depending on how hot it is, I've had as many as 16 in a day. For lunch I usually run to McCallisters and grab a tea. Beer, wine or water for dinner. Sometimes I throw a glass of milk in while I'm waiting on the coffee to get ready in the morning.

I have tried Coke in the last few months and can't stand the taste anymore...of any of it. I've pretty much given up on soft drinks.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I have tried Coke in the last few months and can't stand the taste anymore...of any of it. I've pretty much given up on soft drinks.

Same here. My family used to drink a lot of soda because my older brother always wanted it, but we stopped buying it when he moved to college. It makes me almost nauseous to drink it now.

Terez
09-22-2008, 01:37 AM
By the way, I have noticed that the difference in taste is more discernible in the fountain version of coke zero than in the can. Probably also true for plastic bottles, but I've always hated the taste of coke in plastic bottles so I'm not sure because I don't drink it.

Cary Sedai
09-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I've noticed that too, Terez. Not with diet sodas cause they are evil.. But with Mt. Dew, wich tastes best from a can, and rootbeer tastes best from a glass bottle.

Davian93
09-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I've noticed that too, Terez. Not with diet sodas cause they are evil.. But with Mt. Dew, wich tastes best from a can, and rootbeer tastes best from a glass bottle.

Stout beers taste better out of a can than a bottle...i.e. Guiness, Beamish, Murphys etc. Has to do with the sunlight though.

On soda, I bought Diet Coke as it was on sale this week and it is vile stuff compared to Diet Pepsi

Terez
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Stout is better from the tap, end of.

Brita
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
On soda, I bought Diet Coke as it was on sale this week and it is vile stuff compared to Diet Pepsi
Coca Cola does not even enter our house- our dog is named Pepsi, my husband is such a fanatic. But his best friend is a Coke lover- so there is a lot of banter and insults, which is quite fun.

http://blanketcoverage.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/coke-vs-pepsi.jpg

Davian93
09-22-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes but barring having a tap in my house...canned stout is better than bottled. ;)

Crispin's Crispian
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM

The end of the tap? Where else would it come from?

And of course it's better from the tap, but what if you want stout at home? I bought one of those giant bottles of Rogue Shakespeare Stout the other night. I felt kind of weird hauling it out of the store--I'm glad I had food and other stuff.

It wasn't bad, BTW. I don't believe they sell it in a can, but I could be wrong.

irerancincpkc
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Coca Cola does not even enter our house- our dog is named Pepsi, my husband is such a fanatic. But his best friend is a Coke lover- so there is a lot of banter and insults, which is quite fun.

Ugh. I've never seen anything Pepsi in my house. My father has a Coke room filled with all of his Coca Cola collectors items. My great-grandfather and my great-uncle both drove for Coke, so it was kind of pre-determined what I would like... :D

Brita
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Ugh. I've never seen anything Pepsi in my house. My father has a Coke room filled with all of his Coca Cola collectors items. My great-grandfather and my great-uncle both drove for Coke, so it was kind of pre-determined what I would like... :D

LOL!

You know- I think it is a guy thing to pick a side (whether it's sports, soft drinks, auto makers...whatever) and then commit wholeheartedly, paraphenalia and all. And then seek out rivals to begin the friendly insults and banter. Case in point:
http://www.customnames.com/images/calvin_Ford.jpg

Marie Curie 7
09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Since we've been talking about colas...there's a Peruvian restaurant that I go to from time to time, and they sell this stuff called Inca Kola, which is Peru's favorite cola drink, and it's bright yellow (little story about it here (http://perufood.blogspot.com/2006/09/inca-kola-curious-peruvian-cola-or.html)).

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/mariecurie7/incakola.jpg

I guess they just don't put any caramel coloring in it. It's kinda weird to be drinking yellow cola, but I thought it was pretty tasty.

The story I linked above talks about how Coke and Pepsi tried to move into the market in Peru, but Inca Cola held sway for a long time because the Peruvian people wanted to stay loyal to a local company. Eventually, though, once Coca-Cola realized that their Coke couldn't compete with Inca Kola, they just bought out Inca Kola.

The restaurant also has this purple corn drink called chicha morada (http://peru-recipes.com/2008/01/chicha-morada) that's pretty cool. It really is made from purple corn (and also pineapple, sugar, and a few other things).

Mmm, gotta go back to that restaurant soon. The food is great. :)

Brita
09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
The story I linked above talks about how Coke and Pepsi tried to move into the market in Peru, but Inca Cola held sway for a long time because the Peruvian people wanted to stay loyal to a local company. Eventually, though, once Coca-Cola realized that their Coke couldn't compete with Inca Kola, they just bought out Inca Kola.

Like they don't make enough money already...

There are several books and a documentary (http://thepanelist.com/Socially_Conscious/Culture-Celebrity/The_Corporation_20070816520/)that outline how Corporations as an entity are sociopaths. The documentary is worth watching.

Sarevok
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I tried Cola Zero today. It's not as good as cola, it ranks just below Cola Light.
This would mean if normal Cola is as 10, Light is a 9,5 and Zero is a 9. i.e. no difference when I just want something to drink, but regular is better :)

Terez
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Did you try can, fountain, or plastic?

Sarevok
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Plastic. And uh... define "fountain"

Davian93
09-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Plastic. And uh... define "fountain"

From a place like McDonalds, ...A fountain machine where it adds carbonation and you get it in a cup with ice.

Terez
09-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Plastic sucks.

Cary Sedai
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes it does. Does anyone know of any bottled water that doesn't cost a million dollars a gallon, that is not bottled in plastic?

RogueSavior
09-22-2008, 03:25 PM
to be fair, Sare... you're also drinking Euro-coke. Which is famously not as sweet.

Terez
09-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Not to mention a bit flat.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Yes it does. Does anyone know of any bottled water that doesn't cost a million dollars a gallon, that is not bottled in plastic?

Ozarka's cheap, but still comes in a plastic bottle, though they've reduced the contents of the plastic.

Sarevok
09-23-2008, 07:51 AM
to be fair, Sare... you're also drinking Euro-coke. Which is famously not as sweet.
Hmm... Never heard about that...

Anaiya Sedai
09-23-2008, 08:02 AM
uhm.. coke is sickly sweet here....

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-23-2008, 08:15 AM
The coke was the same when I went to Spain...

Terez
09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
It was definitely different when I went to the UK. It's been several years, though, so I probably couldn't tell you exactly what it tasted like...

Mort
09-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Zero does not taste like real coca cola, but I do like it. Same as with the light, haven't decided what I like more. but the real coca cola is the best, but sometimes I like less suger.

Zaela Sedai
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Diet Coke is nasty and anyone who drinks it is by default a snob.

So...umm.... what are the people who grow up with Diabetes/ or with Diabetic family members supposed to drink? I drink Diet everything because I grew up on it with no other choice there was no Coke Zero...and now I can't stand the taste of reg sodas, far too sweet.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Ditto.

Terez
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
So...umm.... what are the people who grow up with Diabetes/ or with Diabetic family members supposed to drink? I drink Diet everything because I grew up on it with no other choice there was no Coke Zero...and now I can't stand the taste of reg sodas, far too sweet.
It was a joke, dear; calm down. :rolleyes: