PDA

View Full Version : WoT mention on movie video podcast

Tomp
01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
WoT movie is mentioned in the viewer question portion of this video podcast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUqmV_3R_yk).
WoT Q starts at 7.20

It no news, just a mention. Thought I'd share.

Mort
01-26-2014, 09:51 AM
The Wheel of Time's length of 13 books defies the notion of it becoming a live-action movie just because it would be hard to film and maintain it over such a long period of time. One movie per book will be hard, unless you are prepared to see it cut down extensively. Even if you do a TV series of it and make it like GoT and do one season per book, we are still talking about a 13 year project, at least.

On top of the ice berg that is filming wheel of time is finding characters that will be able to portray 18 year olds, that still only look 20+ years after 13 years of filming :) (Or put some CGI magic into the mix, OR, not caring that the characters look like 30 when it's all done). The second part of that conundrum is: Will they be able to stick with it for 13 years? :) Would an audience? Large bet for a studio to make.

The only way I see WoT being filmed is if it's cut down to get at least 2 books into a season (already hard on a 12 ep season) or make it animated. And even if it's animated I think it needs to be cut down, seriously.

Nazbaque
01-26-2014, 10:26 AM
An animated series would work. But then of course there is a whole lot of weird stuff in the Anime business that might seep in. Like harem set ups where a lot of girls compete over one gu- oh right it's there already. Then there is the concept of tsundere in which an unusually violent woman falls in love with a man in spite of previous negative opinions and- damn that was there already too. Of course there is crossdressing- oh hell. At least half of the female characters will have unusually large breas- Damn it! There would be a lot of fan service scenes involving baths- Hell! It's all already there isn't it?

Khoram
01-26-2014, 01:45 PM
RJ must have had a fascination with anime that nobody knew about...

GonzoTheGreat
01-27-2014, 03:28 AM
Anime is Japanese. Japan is famous for its samurai, who had swords. RJ had swords. So it is actually quite logical.

Nazbaque
01-27-2014, 04:26 AM
You mean there are places on earth that didn't have swords at some point?

Hmmm this brings to mind that weird dream I had where I had a katana and cut down people left and right and left again. Also a bear. And some other wild animals. And Luke Skywalker.

GonzoTheGreat
01-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Maybe my theory does need a few more details filled in to make it even more solid than it already is.

I think it was wrong of you to harm that poor bear. After all, the right of bears to have arms should not be infringed.

Mort
01-27-2014, 06:35 AM

Hmmm this brings to mind that weird dream I had where I had a katana and cut down people left and right and left again. Also a bear. And some other wild animals. And Luke Skywalker.

I hope you didn't tell a shrink that, or are you writing from an "institution"? :)

Khoram
01-27-2014, 09:48 AM

Are you sure the katana didn't turn into a lightsaber when you cut down Luke? :p

Nazbaque
01-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Hey that's not even close to the weirdest dream I've had. The weirdest would be... uh well the really weird ones are hard to remember but the most vivid weird dream was the one where a voodoo priest is zombifying me by installments. I could give you details but it gets seriously creepy. And of course I told my shrink.

ETA for Khoram: No I just cut him down. That's how I figured it was a dream.