PDA

View Full Version : We have a date

Lupusdeusest
02-23-2014, 07:33 AM
For those who don't know, Lupus Deus Est and I got together a little while ago. We're dead serious about each other, and come January, we will finally be together. SO EXCITED. I'm going to be stopping with Lupus and Davidus Tertius Rex.
WEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hi guys,

Those of you who are our Facebook friends know already that Zombie Sammael and I got engaged in late October of last year. Well, now that all the partner visa stuff is mostly in (and rather a lot of dramas associated with said paperwork) and the Christmas with my parents (both slightly mental) is done, we have a date.

So. We will be saying our vows on September 19, 2014 in a tiny stone church in Mittagong, New South Wales, Australia.
If you are in Australia at that time, let me know and I will get more details and send you a proper paper invite. I don't think that will be many of you though, so for the rest of you:
My father we have appointed as Head of IT for the day. He's organising a Google Hangout or some sort of thing like it (preferably free) so you guys can be there too. As it is an old church in a small town, we don't know how successful this will be. Regardless, I will either get him to post here so you can link up/RSVP for it or he will get it figured out and organise his own RSVP. (?)

There's a catch, though - Wheel of Time costumes. Yes, we're doing it. It's less vital for those of you at the other end of the Hangout, but...

More details as they come, but let me know for either RSVPness! (Hur, hur.)

Terez
02-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Congrats to both of you! I would be there if I could.

Khoram
02-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Congrats you guys! Wheel of Time and Theoryland, bringing people closer together.

WoT costumes, eh? I wanna see that. :D

Isabel
02-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Congrats:) its so awesome! I dont think i have money for another australia trip.
But i will try the google hangout:)

Lupusdeusest
02-23-2014, 05:52 PM
WoT costumes, eh? I wanna see that. :D

Doing up croquis for each nation as a handy guide. But needless to say there will be photos!

We already have one confirmed Whitecloak, a Taraboner, a Tairen thief-taker, and a Cairhienin lord pretty much confirmed.

(Edited to say: that line there looks like the beginning of a joke. "A Child of the Light, a Taraboner, a thief-taker, and a Cairhienin lord all walk into a church...")

Khoram
02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Doing up croquis for each nation as a handy guide. But needless to say there will be photos!

We already have one confirmed Whitecloak, a Taraboner, a Tairen thief-taker, and a Cairhienin lord pretty much confirmed.

(Edited to say: that line there looks like the beginning of a joke. "A Child of the Light, a Taraboner, a thief-taker, and a Cairhienin lord all walk into a church...")

I'm looking forward to seeing all the regalia. :D

Nazbaque
02-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Hmmm I wonder if I could fashion the Shadar Logoth Dagger out of a bowie knife. One hell of a part of a Mat cosplay or a Fain cosplay.

Sarevok
02-24-2014, 11:12 AM
Congrats to you both! :D

DahLliA
02-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Congrats to both of you! :D

And impressive with the costumes.

Not sure if I would dare to do that :p

Ishara
02-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Cannot wait to get up in the middle of the night to celebrate with you two! What a great idea!

pops taer
02-25-2014, 02:33 AM
Wow. Didn't think it was gonna get done this quickly but I am happy for your guys. We had quite a number of WoT'ers wed. What a deal that is!!!

SauceyBlueConfetti
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
Totally awesome. Reminders as it gets closer as I would love to be part of your day via the interwebs!!!!

Zombie Sammael
03-01-2014, 05:42 AM
Apparently my husbandly or at least finaceely duties require me to reply to this thread. So there you go.

Whereas I used to spend my days playing video games and ordering pizza, now I apparently have to learn to sew, design invitations, and save up to buy WOT-themed wedding rings (Great Serpents, natch). AND IT'S ALL YOU GUYS FAULT!!!!

If it weren't for Theoryland... I wouldn't be so happy right now. Although I could do with a wee bit more time for gaming. :P

Ishara
03-06-2014, 08:13 AM
LOL - Tam, we need to add another page to your book!

Brita
03-06-2014, 04:27 PM
So much fun! Congrats you two, I can't wait for pictures.

Res_Ipsa
03-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Hey, congrats to both of you! Many blessings as you embark together on your journey through life.

One question, are you guys going to have two separate shelves for your WoT collection or just one?

Zombie Sammael
03-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Hey, congrats to both of you! Many blessings as you embark together on your journey through life.

One question, are you guys going to have two separate shelves for your WoT collection or just one?

We'll need way more than two.

Khoram
03-14-2014, 09:44 PM
We'll need way more than two.

So at least two and a half? :p

Ishara
03-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Wait. Does *anybody's* collection span just one shelf?! I'm fairly certain that Gil and Bryan have a whole bookshelf for theirs...LOL. My own is at least 1.5 shelves. But I have a fancy galley copy of KoD that takes up extra room. :)

GonzoTheGreat
03-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Ehrm, how do you count "collection" in this regard?
I have a WOT themed sticker on a dust cap of my telescope (so that I can see in the dark which way is supposed to be "up" when closing up again). If I don't count that 1.54 meter (5 foot) high telescope, then I could store my whole WOT collection on one shelf (I happen to have a few 2 meter (6'8", or thereabouts) shelfs available). If I do count the telescope, then there's no way I'm gonna perch the thing on a shelf, even if I could manage it (which I could, theoretically, since the shelf is long enough).

Lupusdeusest
03-31-2014, 07:05 AM
Just to check - would anyone here like a copy of the invite? I can see if we can get a few extra made up.

PM Zombie or me here (or Facebook if you have me; that would probably be faster) if so.

Figbiscuit
04-10-2014, 06:45 AM
Fantastic news, I'm so happy for you both :)

You can't have a WoT themed wedding and not post pictures up here. Hope you don't get any women in Domani costumes #awkward

Tomp
04-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Even more awkward (interesting) with people "dressed" as sea folk at sea.