PDA

View Full Version : Nerds around the world are excited about Pi Day

Weird Harold
03-14-2014, 11:53 AM
But I seem to be the only one who has noticed that this is the middle of Pi Month (03, 2014 aka 3/14)

DahLliA
03-18-2014, 04:44 PM
I completely missed all of this.

Guess my nerd-status is revoked :/

Sarevok
03-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Actually, it was only nerds in countries that write day-month in the wrong order. So Dahl's nerd-status is perfectly fine. :)

yks 6nnetu hing
03-18-2014, 06:04 PM
Actually, it was only nerds in countries that write day-month in the wrong order. So Dahl's nerd-status is perfectly fine. :)

Meanwhile those of us writing day month year are having a pi month.

Nazbaque
03-19-2014, 12:27 AM
And us true mathematicians scoff at all these wannabes who think 3,14 is the same as pi while in truth there is an infinity of digits to it. *sniff*

ShadowbaneX
03-19-2014, 11:20 AM
And us true mathematicians scoff at all these wannabes who think 3,14 is the same as pi while in truth there is an infinity of digits to it. *sniff*
... you true mathematicians are going to ignore an excuse to eat pie? What's wrong with you?

GonzoTheGreat
03-19-2014, 11:32 AM
... you true mathematicians are going to ignore an excuse to eat pie? What's wrong with you?
They only have imaginary pies, and, as you probably know: you can either have your pie and eat it, or you can imagine it, but you can't do both.

Nazbaque
03-19-2014, 12:20 PM

... We are intensely logical and figured out years nay centuries ago that one does not need an excuse to eat pie.

ShadowbaneX
03-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Yeah, but normally you just buy one pie and eat it. With Pi Day lots of people get together and buy pie and share it, so you get many, many type of pie...and some times even Quiche, Pizza & Pancakes to boot.

I mean, if you were to do that on your own, you'd have so much pie that you'd never be able to eat it all before it started to go bad.

Nazbaque
03-20-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah, but normally you just buy one pie and eat it. With Pi Day lots of people get together and buy pie and share it, so you get many, many type of pie...and some times even Quiche, Pizza & Pancakes to boot.

I mean, if you were to do that on your own, you'd have so much pie that you'd never be able to eat it all before it started to go bad.

... Buy? Oh my, you poor thing!

*Gives SBX a comforting hug*

It is such a cruel world we live in!

But don't worry! Someday someone will bake you a proper pie!