PDA

View Full Version : Want To Feel Old?

Davian93
05-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Mark Hamill, who is currently filming Star Wars 7: The Quest For More Money, is the same age (62 years old) as Sir Alec Guinness was when he was filming Star Wars.

Damn.

Ivhon
05-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Mark Hamill, who is currently filming Star Wars 7: The Quest For More Money, is the same age (62 years old) as Sir Alec Guinness was when he was filming Star Wars.

Damn.

had to sit down for that.

Sei'taer
05-07-2014, 10:10 PM
had to sit down for that.

I got a gray hair when I read that

Tomp
05-08-2014, 03:52 PM
On the same note.

There are about 100 million teenagers that were born after the year 2000.

Khoram
05-10-2014, 04:53 PM
On the same note.

There are about 100 million teenagers that were born after the year 2000.

And I'm not one of them. Hell, I'm not even a teenager anymore. ;)

God, I can't imagine how old this'll make everybody else feel. :p

Davian93
05-10-2014, 08:10 PM
And I'm not one of them. Hell, I'm not even a teenager anymore. ;)

God, I can't imagine how old this'll make everybody else feel. :p

25-30 goes by much, much faster than 20-25...so basically enjoy it.

Once you hit 30, you start to fall apart. I went out for a ride today on my bike and I basically feel like I got the sh!t kicked out of me. 10 years ago, I'd barely even feel winded.

Khoram
05-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I hope not. I expect to still be in my prime at 30. At least until 50. :p Then I'll be slowing down a little. ;)

Frenzy
05-11-2014, 07:47 PM
How's this for old:

in less than a year, my son will be old enough to post here.

Uno
05-12-2014, 12:50 AM
How's this for old:

in less than a year, my son will be old enough to post here.

He'll be 13 this fall, won't he? But I think we must've had posters younger than that. Not sure I'd recommend that young children come here, but there are a lot worse places on the internet, like the comment section under every news article out there. Do kids read news articles? I have no idea.

Personally, I'm probably in better physical shape now than I was at 27, ten years ago, simply because I didn't really exercise a lot back then, though I have noticed that I take a lot longer to recover from injuries, and the winning pizza topping combination of pepperoni and anchovies sometimes has repercussions the following day, especially when washed down with bourbon.

yks 6nnetu hing
05-12-2014, 09:47 AM
ah... ways to feel old...

The final episode of Friends aired 10 years ago last week (May 6 2004)

Britney Spears is 32 years old

"Wannabe" by Spice Girls was released 18 years ago.

Figbiscuit
05-12-2014, 11:45 AM
25-30 goes by much, much faster than 20-25...so basically enjoy it.

This is very true.

Also, hangovers take much longer to recover from once you get past 30.

Uno
05-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Also, hangovers take much longer to recover from once you get past 30.

Hmm. Not in my case. I don't seem to get hungover any longer, even after quantities of hooch that would probably have killed my puny 20-year-old self. Back then I was young and soft; now I'm old and tough.

Crispin's Crispian
05-12-2014, 03:19 PM
I've found running to be an excellent cure for hangovers. I mean, it's been 100% effective for me, as long as I'm able to get dressed and out the door.

I'm in way better shape now than I've ever been, and I'm on the downhill to 40. It may come back to bite me in 20 years, but I think being a fat lazy teenager paid off in terms of knee and back injuries...

ETA: And WTF, "Friends" ended 10 years ago? That seems incredible. Of course, tomorrow my daughter turns nine...

Figbiscuit
05-13-2014, 10:40 AM
Hmm. Not in my case. I don't seem to get hungover any longer, even after quantities of hooch that would probably have killed my puny 20-year-old self. Back then I was young and soft; now I'm old and tough.

Hmmm, maybe. My hangovers are selective. I can drink vodka forever and wake up feeling fine, with just an incredible craving for carbs and a late afternoon desire for a nap.

Wine however is shocking if I drink too much, as is mixing my drinks too much.

Mort
05-13-2014, 12:05 PM
I've found running to be an excellent cure for hangovers. I mean, it's been 100% effective for me, as long as I'm able to get dressed and out the door.

Being able to even form the thought to go out running disqualifies you from being hungover :)

This xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/891/) is a few years old now, but it'll still hurt :)

Davian93
05-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Recovery time is the biggest issue I've noticed in my 30s compared to my 20s. For example, I sprained my wrist about a month ago and it pretty much sidelined me for a good 2 weeks and gave me limited use for 2 weeks after that. I was finally able to start riding again last week and I've been able to do it without any wrapping/brace for the last 3-4 days now.

There's still pain though.

10 years ago, it would have been maybe a week before it felt good enough probably.

Same with my body simply needing more rest time after a tough ride.

Crispin's Crispian
05-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Being able to even form the thought to go out running disqualifies you from being hungover :)

Not really. It takes a massive amount of willpower, but it's always been worth it. I haven't thrown up in the first mile, yet, but I've come close. Not that I do it that often...ahem...

And the chart... Piss off. :p

Zaela Sedai
05-16-2014, 03:39 PM
ETA: And WTF, "Friends" ended 10 years ago? That seems incredible. Of course, tomorrow my daughter turns nine...

Try 11... holy hell what happened to me...

But Ditto on the running ;)

Zaela Sedai
05-16-2014, 03:41 PM

And what type of ride would we be referring to?

...I guess we never truly grow up

Edit - I see you were probably referring to a bike ride... bummer

Sarevok
05-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Yeah, one day I was playing GW2 and this new guild member says Hi and identifies herself as [name of Z's daughter]. I really felt old. :(

Khoram
05-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah, one day I was playing GW2 and this new guild member says Hi and identifies herself as [name of Z's daughter]. I really felt old. :(

That could be a sign that you're TOO old for something... :p

Zaela Sedai
05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
That could be a sign that you're TOO old for something... :p

If i'm not too old for it he's not lol

Isabel
05-19-2014, 12:01 PM
LOL, cool that Abby is playing GW:)

Frenzy
06-28-2014, 10:53 PM

Damn.

Want to feel old? Lanfear, John Snow's daughter, one of our original young posters (she was 13 when she started posting here), just got married.

GonzoTheGreat
06-29-2014, 04:03 AM
Want to feel old? Lanfear, John Snow's daughter, one of our original young posters (she was 13 when she started posting here), just got married.
Depending on where she lives, she could've been married before starting posting here, so what's your point? :D

Nazbaque
06-29-2014, 04:31 AM
Depending on where she lives, she could've been married before starting posting here, so what's your point? :D

I'm with Gonzo on this one. Now if her kid John Snow's grandchild was posting here, then I'd feel old.

bowlwoman
07-17-2014, 05:15 PM
One way I'm feeling old? I'll be 38 when I have this kid in December, and my grandma was 39 when I was born.

Cor Shan
07-18-2014, 02:03 AM
He'll be 13 this fall, won't he? But I think we must've had posters younger than that. Not sure I'd recommend that young children come here, but there are a lot worse places on the internet, like the comment section under every news article out there. Do kids read news articles? I have no idea.

I think I signed up here when I was around that age.

Holy crap that was nearly half my life ago.

THAT's weird.

Cor Shan
07-18-2014, 02:08 AM
Recovery time is the biggest issue I've noticed in my 30s compared to my 20s. For example, I sprained my wrist about a month ago and it pretty much sidelined me for a good 2 weeks and gave me limited use for 2 weeks after that. I was finally able to start riding again last week and I've been able to do it without any wrapping/brace for the last 3-4 days now.

There's still pain though.

10 years ago, it would have been maybe a week before it felt good enough probably.

Dav, you into road biking or some other flavor? I'm getting into road biking now, ever since I didn't have a car after finishing Uni and I'm absolutely loving it.

Weiramon
07-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Pshaw! None but pups here.

And peasants all, from the sounds of it. Running, forsooth!

Nazbaque
07-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Pshaw! None but pups here.

And peasants all, from the sounds of it. Running, forsooth!

Careful there little lordling. You are in the precense of a god. If your behaviour does not please me, I might literally burn your soul. Or perhaps just half of it. Do you know what it's like to be crippled in your soul?

Khoram
07-18-2014, 06:09 PM
The only way his soul could be crippled is if he was a Darkfriend, and we ALL know how impossible that is. :rolleyes:

Weiramon
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Aye, inconceivable.

Lord Nazbaque, it's good to hear of your status.

At least there is someone here worthy of my discourse.

Nazbaque
07-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Oh darkfriend souls aren't crippled. Twisted and unhealthy yes perhaps even diseased in some cases. And it's rather that these impurities are what cause them to become darkfriends rather than the other way around, though the process does of course intensify the conditions. Mainly they simply become marked.

A crippled soul is something else entirely. Imagine it as a sort of hunger or thirst that never goes away. Or perhaps it's closer to drowning. Even though your lungs are fine you still feel as if you should have difficulty breathing. No matter how close to a physically ideal condition you reach, you will feel partly hollow inside.

In a sense you could say it is the opposite of love. Love in its deepest forms connects two souls and makes them feel more complete than anyone could on their own. A crippled soul is in the opposite direction. A severe enough case will not be able to truly live, but simply survives as best it may.