PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files: Marry or Holly.

Seeker
05-21-2014, 06:32 PM
So, which relationship are you cheering for Marry (Murphy & Harry) or Holly (Harry & Molly). I'm going for the second. I really don't think Harry and Murphy have much chemistry, and though she started as his student, Molly is grown up. Also Harry and Molly will both live for several hundred years and Murphy will not.

fionwe1987
05-21-2014, 06:39 PM
So, which relationship are you cheering for Marry (Murphy & Harry) or Holly (Harry & Molly). I'm going for the second. I really don't think Harry and Murphy have much chemistry, and though she started as his student, Molly is grown up. Also Harry and Molly will both live for several hundred years and Murphy will not.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up being Harry and Elaine.

Seeker
05-21-2014, 06:51 PM
That would be horrible. it would be completely ignore everything that had been built up until now. I'm pretty sure that the next book will focus a lot on Harry and Molly since

she's the winter lady.

fionwe1987
05-21-2014, 08:53 PM
That would be horrible. it would be completely ignore everything that had been built up until now.
There's still 8 more books or so. Things can change.

I'm pretty sure that the next book will focus a lot on Harry and Molly since

she's the winter lady.

Based on what I've heard from people who read the book, not so much.

Seeker
05-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Seriously?

What is it with this guy? I'd say his only real draw back as a writer is he reaaaaaally loves to ship tease (which is just unkind to your fans)

GonzoTheGreat
05-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Why would Harry have to choose?
Can't he have all three?

I'm sure there are other books/series where that actually works out.

Seeker
05-22-2014, 01:54 PM
No because Jim Butcher is not a misogynist.

Mort
05-27-2014, 08:08 AM
Skin Game got released today. Anyone else who hit the buy button on Amazon? :)

I'm reading Daemon by Daniel Suarez right now though so Skin Game will have to wait until I'm done with that one.

Seeker
06-07-2014, 08:01 PM
So, it looks like we're going with Karry for the win. Which i suppose is a good thing. Harry and Murph got some real development this time around.

Also

PARKOUUR!

Gilshalos Sedai
08-05-2014, 03:20 PM
There's nothing wrong with serial monogamy when you're going to live for a couple hundred years, you know.

Frenzy
08-07-2016, 12:04 AM
Just finished Skin Game. A satisfying read, though i haven't binge-read an actual book in a long time, so i'm a bit wiped.

i know i'm late to the party, but just in case...

Why was Nicodemus trying to get his hands on the grail? What enemy is he preparing for?

Mort
09-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Just finished Skin Game. A satisfying read, though i haven't binge-read an actual book in a long time, so i'm a bit wiped.

i know i'm late to the party, but just in case...

Why was Nicodemus trying to get his hands on the grail? What enemy is he preparing for?

I think Nico, Mab and all supernaturals recognize the impending threat of the Outsiders, since they seem to have a united front against them in the Nevernever. Nico probably sees the Grail as a weapon he can use to protect himself from the Outsiders.

I realized now that Jim Butcher just started writing on the next book? :/ Thought he was nearly finished since it was 2 years since the last book, about the time it takes for him to crank another one out. Sad now.

Frenzy
09-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I realized now that Jim Butcher just started writing on the next book? :/ Thought he was nearly finished since it was 2 years since the last book, about the time it takes for him to crank another one out. Sad now.

Well, he is doing the Aeronaut's Windlass books too, so his time's split.

Haven't read it yet. Heard it wasn't bad.

Tomp
09-21-2016, 10:59 AM
The aeronaut's windlass is rather good.

I think Raoul and the other cats steals the show.