PDA

View Full Version : Mods should be ashamed

Sodas
07-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Changing me from being a Hero of the Horn to "senior member"

Shame on you.

Sodas
07-07-2014, 01:57 AM
I see how it is, can't have an opinion over here, eh SBX and Terez?

Terez
07-07-2014, 02:05 AM
I agree it's pretty harsh, but no one who was arguing with you has the power to demote you. At least, that is what I assume. It's possible SBX is one of Tam's anonymous admins who post under the Nae'blis account—he is the only possibility out of the people you were arguing with at length—but it didn't seem to me like SBX was worked up enough to do something like that, and I doubt he would do it without consulting the bossman. There is one person I suspect of being an admin who I know was watching the various threads; it might have been that person, but we all know what you think of my speculative gifts, so I'll spare you.

GonzoTheGreat
07-07-2014, 03:31 AM
And why should this be a source of shame, pray* tell me?

* If it offends your sensibilities, you need not pray to me, I will allow you to pray to someone (or something) else if that's your preference.

Sodas
07-07-2014, 04:23 AM
I doubt he would do it without consulting the bossman.

Tamrylin hasn't answered his p.m.'s since I got here.

Terez
07-07-2014, 04:25 AM
There are other ways of getting ahold of him.

Nazbaque
07-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Well that's just not fair. I've agravated people for years and I still haven't been changed to "the wet matchstick"

yks 6nnetu hing
07-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Over the past few weeks I've been very happy indeed that the Chosen do not mod the Non board :D

That said, wasn't this tactic used once before? I seem to recall... I wan to say Felix, but I think it wasn't him, it was someone very active on the non-board and I cannot remember who it was... dammit.

GonzoTheGreat
07-07-2014, 09:26 AM
That said, wasn't this tactic used once before? I seem to recall... I wan to say Felix, but I think it wasn't him, it was someone very active on the non-board and I cannot remember who it was... dammit.
Something was at some time done to someone. Now that you mention it, it does ring a bell.

Uno
07-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Over the past few weeks I've been very happy indeed that the Chosen do not mod the Non board :D

The user Cholly was briefly given the title "Village Idiot." Shortly after that it became clear that this user was a fake account used by another poster exclusively to troll. The Cholly account was then immediately banned. But before that, Cholly was given repeated warnings, and when his title was changed, it was changed to something meant to be humourous for the rest of us and embarrassing for him. I don't think "Senior Member" is either of those things.

Isabel
07-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Weird. Not sure what happened. I shall PM Tam on facebook.

Terez
07-07-2014, 04:53 PM
The user Cholly was briefly given the title "Village Idiot." Shortly after that it became clear that this user was a fake account used by another poster exclusively to troll. The Cholly account was then immediately banned. But before that, Cholly was given repeated warnings, and when his title was changed, it was changed to something meant to be humourous for the rest of us and embarrassing for him. I don't think "Senior Member" is either of those things.
There was also Retaardad, who was demoted to Not Even A Youngling for trying to blackmail Tamyrlin with pictures he took at DragonCon 2005.

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:09 PM
There was also Retaardad, who was demoted to Not Even A Youngling for trying to blackmail Tamyrlin with pictures he took at DragonCon 2005.

Indeed? What on earth did Tam do at that convention that anyone could envisage blackmailing a man, who--as far as I've been able to tell--has not an iota of shame in his body?

Terez
07-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Apparently he was merely self-conscious about his physical appearance. We are, after all, talking about the man who always prepares for JordanCon with diet and exercise. :) DragonCon 2005 was his first big WoT meet-up, so he wasn't quite accustomed to it yet.

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Apparently he was merely self-conscious about his physical appearance. We are, after all, talking about the man who always prepares for JordanCon with diet and exercise. :) DragonCon 2005 was his first big WoT meet-up, so he wasn't quite accustomed to it yet.

Ah, I see. Damn silly thing to try to blackmail him over something like that, but given the username of the poster in question, I suppose it's exactly what one ought to expect.

"Blackmail is such an ugly world. I prefer 'extortion.' The 'X' makes it sound cool." --Bender.

Terez
07-07-2014, 05:22 PM
Ah, I see. Damn silly thing to try to blackmail him over something like that, but given the username of the poster in question, I suppose it's exactly what one ought to expect.
The consensus these days seems to be that it's a paradoxically clever name. He came back some time ago, around the release of AMOL, and said that he had been young and stupid then, and all was well.

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:30 PM
The consensus these days seems to be that it's a paradoxically clever name. He came back some time ago, around the release of AMOL, and said that he had been young and stupid then, and all was well.

Quite. Self-insight in spite of himself, I suppose. But to get back to the res (or rem, possibly), I can't imagine that this sanction would be deployed without warning, so I'm not sure what's happened here. Admittedly, I'm rather out of the loop these days.

Terez
07-07-2014, 05:32 PM
In that case, Tam was probably annoyed by Sodas' PMs. He doesn't like to be harshed; Felix learned that the hard way.

ShadowbaneX
07-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I agree it's pretty harsh, but no one who was arguing with you has the power to demote you. At least, that is what I assume. It's possible SBX is one of Tam's anonymous admins who post under the Nae'blis account—he is the only possibility out of the people you were arguing with at length—but it didn't seem to me like SBX was worked up enough to do something like that, and I doubt he would do it without consulting the bossman. There is one person I suspect of being an admin who I know was watching the various threads; it might have been that person, but we all know what you think of my speculative gifts, so I'll spare you.

I thought we'd been over this. Giving me mod powers is a really, really bad idea.

Also, yeah, if I were annoyed enough to go and do something to someone's profile it'd probably involve a lot more than changing someone's title.

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:40 PM
I thought we'd been over this. Giving me mod powers is a really, really bad idea.

Also, yeah, if I were annoyed enough to go and do something to someone's profile it'd probably involve a lot more than changing someone's title.

I'd also expect you to come up with something better than "Senior Member." It bespeaks a disappointing lack of creativity.

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:42 PM
In that case, Tam was probably annoyed by Sodas' PMs. He doesn't like to be harshed; Felix learned that the hard way.

Well, he's always said that he's lazy. PMs make him have to do things, at least to the extent of thinking of reading them. Very much in his character to be averse to that.

Seeker
07-07-2014, 05:43 PM
What I find sad is the fact that Sodas equates blatant antisemitism and hate speech with "a difference of opinion."

Uno
07-07-2014, 05:52 PM
What I find sad is the fact that Sodas equates blatant antisemitism and hate speech with "a difference of opinion."

Well, while I might be inclined to think that some recent behaviour on the part of certain parties may have been less than ideal, I think going around changing titles without a warning--if that's what's happened, and I still don't know that it has--is, for this community, an unwontedly severe course of action.

Nazbaque
07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Well, while I might be inclined to think that some recent behaviour on the part of certain parties may have been less than ideal, I think going around changing titles without a warning--if that's what's happened, and I still don't know that it has--is, for this community, an unwontedly severe course of action.

Would this include me as well? I'm just trying to keep up with the vagueness.

Sodas
07-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Weird. Not sure what happened. I shall PM Tam on facebook.

Thank you.

Uno
07-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Would this include me as well? I'm just trying to keep up with the vagueness.

The vagueness was deliberate, you know, but I don't know that you've said anything that struck me as out of the ordinary for a spirited debate. Not that my personal opinion is especially germane to the present issue in any case.

ShadowbaneX
07-07-2014, 06:14 PM
That's true. Given the recent comments I probably would have gone for something South Park related. I'm not entirely sure, but I think from some other sites I've visited that Senior Member is a default title.

Terez
07-07-2014, 06:25 PM
I remember when Sodas was raised to Hero, partly because I was raised to Elder at the same time. I was reminded of this post (http://theoryland.yuku.com/reply/50180/Raisings-October-2005#reply-50180) several times over the years, such that I never forgot it.

sleepinghour
07-07-2014, 06:28 PM

I guess the key words here are "for this community," as to me it doesn't seem like a particularly harsh punishment at all. Every other post I've seen from Sodas recently has contained some sort of personal attack on other posters. Maybe I'm missing something here, being more of a lurker, but I think a title change to "Senior member" is actually a pretty mild punishment for the way he's been acting.

ShadowbaneX
07-07-2014, 06:58 PM
No. Opinions are not allowed. As people say, they're like assholes. They stink and it's really rude to shove them in other people's faces.

Seeker
07-07-2014, 07:00 PM

I guess...

I mean it really wouldn't bother me personally. (Yes, go ahead and change my title whoever is reading this), but I suppose I can see why it might bother someone. I don't know. It seems almost a status seeking thing.

ShadowbaneX
07-07-2014, 07:06 PM
Just remember, rank doesn't matter.

Uno
07-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Well, at any rate, the issue appears to have resolved itself, persumably because Tam woke from his slumber, so I'm going to call it an error of some kind.

Nazbaque
07-07-2014, 07:19 PM
So it seems, but notice how Sodas immediately assumed it was done deliberately? A case of paranoia? Or perhaps a guilty conscience? Perhaps a part of him realises that his actions warrant punishment.

Terez
07-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Well, at any rate, the issue appears to have resolved itself, persumably because Tam woke from his slumber, so I'm going to call it an error of some kind.
I suspect alcohol was involved.

Terez
07-07-2014, 09:35 PM
I just realized that Sodas and I are the only people posting in this thread who were born below 45˚N. Has Theoryland been overrun by Northerners? I smell a conspiracy.

PS: Actually I have no idea where Sodas was born. I assume the rest of you were born in your home countries, the Netherlands being the southernmost of them.

ShadowbaneX
07-07-2014, 11:39 PM
That's because more Northern areas are a bastion of forward progressive thought that's trying to make the world better...mostly because in the south it's too hot to do anything other than lay there and have your brain bake in the sweltering heat. I suppose that could be considered a conspiracy.

Terez
07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
That's because more Northern areas are a bastion of forward progressive thought that's trying to make the world better...mostly because in the south it's too hot to do anything other than lay there and have your brain bake in the sweltering heat.
I do my best to stay inside in the AC as often as possible. It's 11pm and it's 30˚C out there, for crying out loud. I went out for a smoke a little while ago and came back in with wet hair.

I am at 30˚N though, in the town where I was born. Probably one of the most southern Theorylanders this side of the equator.

Zombie Sammael
07-08-2014, 12:34 AM
I just realized that Sodas and I are the only people posting in this thread who were born below 45˚N. Has Theoryland been overrun by Northerners? I smell a conspiracy.

PS: Actually I have no idea where Sodas was born. I assume the rest of you were born in your home countries, the Netherlands being the southernmost of them.

I think parts of the UK are further south than the Netherlands, though I could be wrong. Also, they aren't posting in this thread, but we do have several Australians on the board, who are obviously from further south than anyone other than the occasional stray penguin that wanders in to annoy the hamsters.

GonzoTheGreat
07-08-2014, 03:30 AM
So it seems, but notice how Sodas immediately assumed it was done deliberately?
To be fair to Sodas: I suspect that it would require a rather surprisingly big coincidence to change a poster's title purely by accident to Senior Member. Doesn't quite mean it would be impossible, but, to name one potential type of culprit, most cats I've seen walk on keyboards produced less pronounceable end products, for instance.

So the idea that it was done on purpose is not as far fetched as you seem to think it is.

Sarevok
07-08-2014, 06:43 AM

The entire Netherlands is actually further north than the Southern border of Canada. Also, Zombie pointed out: parts of the UK are also further south than NL. ;)

Terez
07-08-2014, 06:46 AM
I know. No one from the UK had posted yet. And 45N is below the US/Canada border.

In other words, this thread is still dominated by northerners!

GonzoTheGreat
07-08-2014, 07:31 AM
The entire Netherlands is actually further north than the Southern border of Canada.
Not all of it. There are a few bits which are south of Florida.
Being a colonial superpower can be useful in threads like this one.

Terez
07-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Not all of it. There are a few bits which are south of Florida.
I bet none of y'all were born there.

GonzoTheGreat
07-08-2014, 08:36 AM
I bet none of y'all were born there.
Some of my cousins were, but I don't think any of them posts here. I don't even know whether any of them has ever read the WOT series, come to think of it.

Nae'blis
07-08-2014, 03:12 PM
To be fair to Sodas: I suspect that it would require a rather surprisingly big coincidence to change a poster's title purely by accident to Senior Member.

As it happens, it requires no coincidence at all. If a poster is somehow unmoored from all of Theoryland's custom made usergroups, his title will revert to the software's default, which is "Junior Member," "Member," and "Senior Member." Which of these three groups he's in will then be determined by post count.

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2014, 04:41 AM
As it happens, it requires no coincidence at all. If a poster is somehow unmoored from all of Theoryland's custom made usergroups, his title will revert to the software's default, which is "Junior Member," "Member," and "Senior Member." Which of these three groups he's in will then be determined by post count.
I don't like it when people shoot down my conspiracy theories.

Nazbaque
07-09-2014, 05:31 AM
I don't like it when people shoot down my conspiracy theories.

I know how you feel. That's why I give bulletproof vests to mine.

Frenzy
07-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Yay! Now we can get back to the vital business of insulting each other's intelligence.

ShadowbaneX
07-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Yay! Now we can get back to the vital business of insulting each other's intelligence.
Old habits die hard? After 15 years of it, it's hard to do much else.

GonzoTheGreat
07-10-2014, 04:08 AM
That only works against those who have any intelligence, though. What to do about the rest?

Zombie Sammael
07-10-2014, 03:16 PM
The bigger question, of course, is that the thread title tells us mods should be ashamed. That almost sounds like a theory, so we have to know: mods, are you ashamed?

(Note: it doesn't matter about what, just that you are, or are not, but please settle this matter at your earliest convenience)

Nazbaque
07-10-2014, 03:46 PM
The bigger question, of course, is that the thread title tells us mods should be ashamed. That almost sounds like a theory, so we have to know: mods, are you ashamed?

(Note: it doesn't matter about what, just that you are, or are not, but please settle this matter at your earliest convenience)

There might also be a typo or grammatical error. If the title was intended to be "Mods should be shamed" without the 'a', it raises the questions of how and why they should be shamed. If the why is satisfactory I vote we force the mods to use either spice girls or backstreet boys wallpapers on their smartphones and laptops.

Terez
07-10-2014, 09:57 PM
I just realized Toronto is below 45˚N. I myself will be moving up 10˚ soon, just in time to avoid the worst of summer. August is terrible down here, and late August/early September produce the worst hurricanes.

Weiramon
07-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Just remember, rank doesn't matter.

Burn my eyes, that's preposterous!

This Sodas fellow is in the right of it. There is nothing worse than wantonly stripping titles, making Nobles mere peasants.

yks 6nnetu hing
07-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Burn my eyes, that's preposterous!

This Sodas fellow is in the right of it. There is nothing worse than wantonly stripping titles, making Nobles mere peasants.

Welcome back Weramon! Your timing is impeccable, Dav just returned as well.

On a totally unrelated note, anyone notice an uncanny resemblance between Clark Kent and Superman?

Weiramon
07-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Pshaw, it's no surprise that a High Lord would have peasants and other riff-raff following him about, if only to bask in their reflected glory.

Khoram
07-11-2014, 06:05 PM
So you're saying that you're the peasant/riffraff to Dav's High Lord? I never thought you would humble yourself so, Weiramon. :p

Weiramon
07-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Aye, it's inconceivable a High Lord would stoop to humbling himself so. Why, you may as well suggest a High Lord would ingratiate himself with another Lord to gain an advantage. Burn my soul, the notion is ridiculous!

rand
07-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Well, now that that's taken care of, can someone change my title to Ninja Bacon Master?

Terez
07-12-2014, 03:04 AM
Well, now that that's taken care of, can someone change my title to Ninja Bacon Master?
Aren't you nostalgic for the old days, when all Heroes were mods and changed the content of your posts at will?

Nazbaque
07-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Aren't you nostalgic for the old days, when all Heroes were mods and changed the content of your posts at will?

*Visualises himself holding that kind of power*

Yeah, I can see why things are different now.

Terez
07-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Rand was always a special case.

Marie Curie 7
07-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I just realized Toronto is below 45˚N. I myself will be moving up 10˚ soon, just in time to avoid the worst of summer. August is terrible down here, and late August/early September produce the worst hurricanes.

When you do move up above the Mason-Dixon line, I'm not sure that quoting George Wallace, as in your sig, will go over all that well. :p

Terez
07-13-2014, 12:29 AM
I don't care; I will quote who I want to, and if Yankees can't handle it, they can kiss my grits.

Davian93
07-13-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't care; I will quote who I want to, and if Yankees can't handle it, they can kiss my grits.

You're moving up north? Cool!

BTW, where are you moving?

Davian93
07-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Rand was always a special case.

I'm pretty sure you just summarized the entire Wheel of Time series there.

rand
07-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Ah, that only happened once (I think).

And those mods should be ashamed of themselves! :p

Edit: and how come I'm not a Hero yet after all my valuable contributions to TL?

ShadowbaneX
07-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Not quite. You forgot the sniffing.

GonzoTheGreat
07-14-2014, 04:22 AM
Edit: and how come I'm not a Hero yet after all my valuable contributions to TL?
Not quite. You forgot the sniffing.
It is so obvious, one would think, but some people just don't get it.

Terez
07-14-2014, 12:32 PM
You're moving up north? Cool!

BTW, where are you moving?
Somewhere in the middle of a cornfield in Illinois, 30 miles from the nearest Starbucks.

GonzoTheGreat
07-14-2014, 01:03 PM
Based on what I could find on Wikipedia, "the middle of a cornfield in Illinios" is not very specific. Then again, Starbucks wasn't mentioned at all, so it seems as if you're 30 miles away from a state border, which does narrow it down a bit.

Ivhon
07-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Im a mod (not of this forum).

Im not ashamed.

I live further south than Terez.

Terez
07-16-2014, 04:26 PM
Are you still in A-town? If so, then just barely!

Nazbaque
07-16-2014, 04:27 PM

Im not ashamed.

You should be! You left the apostrophe out of "I'm". Twice.

Anaiya Sedai
07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Did I mention lately that I love all you cynical old gits?

Daekyras
07-17-2014, 08:27 AM

Im not ashamed.

Well, you should be.

And can i be raised above elder? Please? Pretty please?

Erm....sniff? How does that help exactly? Sniff???

Nazbaque
07-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Did I mention lately that I love all you cynical old gits?

Not lately, you haven't. The lack was making me a bit lonely too.

Ivhon
07-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Well, you should be.

And can i be raised above elder? Please? Pretty please?

Erm....sniff? How does that help exactly? Sniff???

If you knew this place well enough to be raised above Elder, you would know that asking ME to do anything about your title is about the biggest waste of time there is because:

A) I can't do anything about that

and

B) Even if I could, I'm more than likely lazier than Tam OR Nae'Blis so what good would it do anyway?

Application.....DENIED!!! :-)

bowlwoman
07-17-2014, 05:09 PM

I live further south than you. By probably 10 or so miles.

GonzoTheGreat
07-18-2014, 03:51 AM
I live further south than you. By probably 10 or so miles.
That's the kind of minute difference that continental drift can take care of in one geological era. So if you just wait, you may very well cease to be an outlier.

Sodas
07-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Aye, it's inconceivable a High Lord would stoop to humbling himself so. Why, you may as well suggest a High Lord would ingratiate himself with another Lord to gain an advantage. Burn my soul, the notion is ridiculous!

:D:D

I was given the title, like most.

I have, and do, appreciate the title because it was bestowed upon me. Not because I wanted it badly.

In any case, I could care less if I was give the title Worm, the point was that I was removed from the usergroup without warning as a punishment for arguing with an admin/mod.

Not surprising from these guys (see here (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-modern-thought-police.html))

rand
07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah, it's pretty odd that people actually get upset when you call them incompetent brainless fools, nazis, flaming morons, and stuff like that...

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2014, 04:05 AM
Yeah, it's pretty odd that people actually get upset when you call them incompetent brainless fools, nazis, flaming morons, and stuff like that...
Not when it is untrue; then getting some of them upset about it is a predictable result.
But if they are really brainless fools yet notice that it is an insult when you call them that, then that would indeed be pretty odd.

Daekyras
07-20-2014, 04:12 AM
Not when it is untrue; then getting some of them upset about it is a predictable result.
But if they are really brainless fools yet notice that it is an insult when you call them that, then that would indeed be pretty odd.

I believe that was the plot for hellers follow up to Catch-22.

It never got published as he ran into a copyright dispute with the makers of Pokémon and he refused to change his intended title...Gotta Catch Them All...��

Terez
07-20-2014, 05:02 AM
I could care less if I was give the title Worm, the point was that I was removed from the usergroup without warning as a punishment for arguing with an admin/mod.
It is amazing that you still believe that. Not surprising, but still amazing.

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 06:23 AM
Not surprising from these guys (see here (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-modern-thought-police.html))

Please don't misspell my username on your blog Sodas.

Oh and Terez? Did you really claim I told you to do something as an excuse?

Terez
07-20-2014, 06:42 AM
Wait, he wrote a blog about us? You don't expect me to read it do you?

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 07:04 AM
Oh there is more than a blog. He actually made a forum for it too where he is the only poster as far as I can tell.

But among his ravings is the claim that you PMed him that I told you to go look at the new Faction thread so did you actually do it and did you misspell my username with an extra a too? I would think that the latter part was all Sodas as he misspelled LotB's as "Tamrylin"

Terez
07-20-2014, 07:14 AM
Oh there is more than a blog. He actually made a forum for it too where he is the only poster as far as I can tell.

But among his ravings is the claim that you PMed him that I told you to go look at the new Faction thread so did you actually do it and did you misspell my username with an extra a too? I would think that the latter part was all Sodas as he misspelled LotB's as "Tamrylin"
I can't PM people. My inbox is full, and I have to delete some PMs before I can send any more.

PS—I did post in the New Faction thread that Zombie and Lupus made me read his longcrazypost in the Faction thread, but that was after I had already seen the thread. I just hadn't bothered to read that post. When I did read it, the tl;dr version that I had been given did not appear to be in evidence, so I must not have read it very well.

Weiramon
07-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Lord Sodas, ignore these serfs, as they resort to the common fallacy of logical argument based on facts and reasoning rather than a proper appeal to authority.

fdsaf3
07-20-2014, 01:27 PM
It is amazing that you still believe that. Not surprising, but still amazing.

Nothing this guy says amazes me at this point. There have been people here I have vehemently disagreed with, but this...this is a whole 'nother level.

Terez
07-20-2014, 01:44 PM
So, can we demote him for real now? I no longer believe it is too harsh.

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 02:55 PM
So, can we demote him for real now? I no longer believe it is too harsh.

Ah but that would feed his Jewish martyrism, so it would actually prove to be a reward for him and I don't really want to satisfy his masochistic desires.

Terez
07-20-2014, 04:56 PM
I finally read his blog. It was more entertaining than I expected. I especially liked the post "proving" I was a secret admin. For the record, I am a moderater (not an admin) of only one forum: the Resources forum, which no one posts in unless we're working on transcripts or making tour reports (database-related stuff). So I only have mod controls in that forum (the little check-boxes to the right of each thread), and no other forum:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZQ-fuwlvcy4/U8wrXojTpGI/AAAAAAAABw4/PsvwQ0SRXlk/w900-h480-no/Resources.png
~
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2zsJokbebeE/U8wrXud5A2I/AAAAAAAABw0/ugtR98LiRU8/w900-h295-no/Non.png
~
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--t_A5jtm9Tk/U8wsah4WJBI/AAAAAAAABxM/pwXyKDI10sM/w900-h341-no/AMOL.png

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I finally read his blog. It was more entertaining than I expected. I especially liked the post "proving" I was a secret admin.

I figured you would.:D:D Now how does it feel to be Lex Luthor to his Superman? Or would you prefer a different comparison?

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 06:17 PM
You'll love this one, terez. (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.fi/2014/07/for-me-i-started-reading-wheel-of-time.html) I seem to have hit a nerve when I said I was a better person than his god, though I'm not mentioned by name. And man he is obsessive. He started on July 6 and made 88 entries so far. Goes on about nazis, ussr, "Justice" etc. We are all anti-american and anti-religious anti-intellectuals BTW, which is Terez's fault.

I particularly liked this part:

People are jealous and freighted of me because I am smart and knowledgeable.

Now I am sensing some serious lack of inner peace here. Maybe we should be kinder to him.

Daekyras
07-20-2014, 06:20 PM
You'll love this one, terez. (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.fi/2014/07/for-me-i-started-reading-wheel-of-time.html) I seem to have hit a nerve when I said I was a better person than his god, though I'm not mentioned by name. And man he is obsessive. He started on July 6 and made 88 entries so far. Goes on about nazis, ussr, "Justice" etc. We are all anti-american and anti-religious anti-intellectuals BTW, which is Terez's fault.

I particularly liked this part:

Now I am sensing some serious lack of inner peace here. Maybe we should be kinder to him.

Well this last post of yours would be a terrible start to that Naz...

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Well this last post of yours would be a terrible start to that Naz...

I know it's like an addiction. I'll stop messing with him tomorrow, cross my heart and hope to be tied down by hot women in black leather.

Daekyras
07-20-2014, 06:30 PM
I know it's like an addiction. I'll stop messing with him tomorrow, cross my heart and hope to be tied down by hot women in black leather.

Dita von teese?

Terez
07-20-2014, 06:42 PM
And man he is obsessive. He started on July 6 and made 88 entries so far.
Dear Lord. Does anyone actually read his blog, or is he just soapboxing to the ether? I haven't noticed any comments on the posts I have seen.

It used to be that whenever Sodas showed up with his crazy, I'd have to vent on poor Callandor, because no one else understood. At least everyone knows now how nuts he is.

I have observed over the years that, when exposed to the internet, a lot of Americans' politics get more liberal. Sodas is the only person I know of who has gone the other way. There is something comforting about that.

fdsaf3
07-20-2014, 06:48 PM
Anyone else read his blog post and get the overwhelming sense that he's in love with Terez?

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Dita von teese?

Not a bad choice, but I like sharper chins. Now of course it is supposed to be a punishment so...

Terez
07-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Anyone else read his blog post and get the overwhelming sense that he's in love with Terez?
Isn't everyone?

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Isn't everyone?

Well you certainly light my fires, then again pretty much everyone does that.

Khoram
07-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Well you certainly light my fires, then again pretty much everyone does that.

So you're the cheating type, Naz?

Or the flame-for-all? :p

Nazbaque
07-20-2014, 09:17 PM
So you're the cheating type, Naz?

Or the flame-for-all? :p

Not quite either and not really a mix of the two. I don't sleep around mainly because I want deep emotion with the physical pleasure. However I do definitely have my fantasies and desires, I just don't let myself be controlled by them. And of course I do appreciate beauty in a general fashion where ever I may find it. In the case of terez I suppose it would be her ... openness shall we say that makes her beautiful.

Daekyras
07-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Isn't everyone?

Yes x

ShadowbaneX
07-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Isn't everyone?

There are probably a few snobs that aren't.

Terez
07-21-2014, 12:36 AM
Well, they don't count then. They must not be in my gang.

Seriously, one thing that is abundantly clear from Sodas' blog is that he doesn't really know us very well. He honestly thinks that everyone is against him because they followed my lead. Though he did point out that no one likes me. As to how that works, apparently since bossman is not paying attention, I intimidated the mods into making me an admin. I am trying to imagine how that would go down...if the mods had the power to do such a thing.

Terez
07-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Now he is mining the Israel thread for juicy anti-America quotes for his blog. Because anti-Israel = anti-America.

GonzoTheGreat
07-21-2014, 04:16 AM
Goes on about nazis, ussr, "Justice" etc. We are all anti-american and anti-religious anti-intellectuals BTW, which is Terez's fault.
I will prove that I am not anti-intellectual, and since I have met Terez, that obviously proves that she isn't as bad as Sodas thinks she is. After all, she hasn't totally corrupted me.
Whatever the real case is, Theoryland is a mess. It's moderators endorse anti-American bigotry. It's owner is absent and time is running out. What a shame.
Now, as intellectuals know, "it's" is an abbreviation of "it is". So what Sodas wrote here can be expanded, with bolding added to enhance clarity, to:
"Whatever the real case is, Theoryland is a mess. It is moderators endorse anti-American bigotry. It is owner is absent and time is running out. What a shame."

Sodas, if you want to use the possessive form of "it", then you should use "its", not "it's", specifically to avoid making the mistake which I have brought to light here.

Durvasha
07-21-2014, 05:49 AM
I rarely post, but have been lurking in theoryland boards from about ... late 90s, perhaps.

Isn't this the same Sodas who used to post in Stonedog's board, later Cold Rocks Hold? I think I actually followed the links in his signature to Theoryland. Back when both boards were in ezboard (Not sure if the name is correct. It has been ages).

I think I used to like his opinions then, even in the hot-botton non-WOT forums. Since I was never conservative, I am extremely confused.

If I was not clear, I completely detest this guy and his current rants.

Terez
07-21-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't remember any Theorylanders posting at CRH other than Callandor and Isabel, but that doesn't mean much because it died not long after I joined TL. I only know that Sodas posted at Wotmania.

Durvasha
07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Dai Shan certainly used to be there. It was already dying when it became CRH. It was far more vibrant as Stonedog's.

Terez
07-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Dai Shan certainly used to be there. It was already dying when it became CRH. It was far more vibrant as Stonedog's.
I remember Dai being there now that you mention it. But I'm assuming Stonedog's was before my time; I joined TL in late 2004 (when I discovered the internet) and I couldn't figure out how to register for the forum until June 2005. I'm guessing CRH died some time in 2006.

Daekyras
07-21-2014, 05:39 PM
I remember Dai being there now that you mention it. But I'm assuming Stonedog's was before my time; I joined TL in late 2004 (when I discovered the internet) and I couldn't figure out how to register for the forum until June 2005. I'm guessing CRH died some time in 2006.

You see Terez, this is what sodas was complaining about.

To think you would claim that you DISCOVERED the internet at all and in 2004 no less. Ridiculous.

One Mighty Gorilla (OMG), everyone knows that the internet originated in 1958, when the aliens landed in Roswell, New Mexico. Duh!

Zombie Sammael
07-22-2014, 02:06 AM
So basically what is happening is that Sodas is intent upon whinging about us and throwing about accusations, but is too much of a coward to come and say this to our faces? Cool.

GonzoTheGreat
07-22-2014, 04:10 AM
To think you would claim that you DISCOVERED the internet at all and in 2004 no less. Ridiculous.
Her claim is no more ridiculous than that of Roggeveen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Roggeveen) to have discovered Easter Island in 1722. Sure, there were some natives there, but as everyone knows, natives don't count. And, when Terez discovered the Internet, there may have been some natives around too, but once again those don't count. Thus, it was a legitimate discovery.

BTW, I think I prefer Belgia Australis over Islas Malvinas, so it seems that my own country also has a claim on the Falklands.

One Mighty Gorilla (OMG), everyone knows that the internet originated in 1958, when the aliens landed in Roswell, New Mexico. Duh!
Wait, what? 1958? That's a landing I hadn't heard about so far.

Using Google, I discovered that there were actually two UFO sightings above Roswell in that year. Both were described as "meteor like" and for some reason (probably to do with government misinformation) both were classified as meteors.

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 08:17 AM
So basically what is happening is that Sodas is intent upon whinging about us and throwing about accusations, but is too much of a coward to come and say this to our faces? Cool.

Well he is soapboxing about other things as well, but they are more in the lines of general news and his opinions. We seem to be the only part of his own interactions with other people.

Basically to him being Jewish means that his enemies are nazis and therefore evil which makes him a tragic hero by default. And the more enemies he has the more tragic he becomes so he has to be a jerk to everyone. But it's okay because he is Jewish and has a be an asshole for free card.

I never really understood why nazis singled out the Jews. Okay they were xenophobic and the whole master race thing was a superiority complex and all that, but why Jews? Sodas' behaviour is somewhat enlightening. Not that the whole business was in any way even close to justified, but you can perhaps see where the motive came from.

Zombie Sammael
07-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Well he is soapboxing about other things as well, but they are more in the lines of general news and his opinions. We seem to be the only part of his own interactions with other people.

Basically to him being Jewish means that his enemies are nazis and therefore evil which makes him a tragic hero by default. And the more enemies he has the more tragic he becomes so he has to be a jerk to everyone. But it's okay because he is Jewish and has a be an asshole for free card.

I never really understood why nazis singled out the Jews. Okay they were xenophobic and the whole master race thing was a superiority complex and all that, but why Jews? Sodas' behaviour is somewhat enlightening. Not that the whole business was in any way even close to justified, but you can perhaps see where the motive came from.

They were trying to kill Sodas, so they started out by trying to kill all Jews? That's stupid. That's like if I wanted to kill you, I'd start by killing every fire god I could find.

...how many fire gods are there, anyway?

Davian93
07-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Welcome to the Internet...

Sei'taer
07-22-2014, 08:49 AM
Wait, we have a faction board. And we were having a fight on it? No one sent me a message letting me know?

WTF is going on here?

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 10:23 AM
They were trying to kill Sodas, so they started out by trying to kill all Jews? That's stupid. That's like if I wanted to kill you, I'd start by killing every fire god I could find.

...how many fire gods are there, anyway?

Not Sodas specifically, but since he is a typical Jew by his own claims... Maybe the thoughts of the general population were along the lines of "Well this is going a bit too far, but if they take care of that grocery store asshole I'm not gonna complain."

As for fire gods. There aren't that many of us but we are technically immortal so it's a moot point.

GonzoTheGreat
07-22-2014, 10:58 AM
I never really understood why nazis singled out the Jews.
They didn't. They also persecuted homosexuals, gypsies, Jehovah's Witnesses, Communists and (when the mood struck them) each other. They were definitely not such single minded bigots as they are usually portrayed, instead they were really broad minded bigots.

But the Jews have managed to get a lot of good publicity out of the episode, whereas the other groups for various reasons didn't.
The homosexuals; well, just look at what happened to Alan Turing once he'd outlived his usefulness.
The gypsies have as part of their religion/philosophy that they do not talk about the dead, which means that they are seriously hampered when it comes to playing the victim. (Being the victim is something they have lots of experience of, though.)
The JWs, well, I never understood them, so I can't explain this feature either.
The Communists have tried to get some credit out of it, but they were rather hampered by reality (Stalin), so this did not work.

Edited to add:
If there had been as many Muslims in Germany then as there are now, then those too would undoubtedly have been persecuted. But there were hardly any at the time, and the Muslims in other parts of the world were mostly living under British rule, which made them far more useful as "allies" than as targets.

Frenzy
07-22-2014, 11:17 AM
WTF is going on here?

Sodas is making Terez look cool in the eyes of the other players, Naz now has a better understanding of why the Nazis targeted Jews, gonzo now celebrates easter with meteor sitings, and this thread was Godwin'ed even before it started, so i'm trying to figure out why everyone is still beating this dead horse. i'm thinking boredom.

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Sodas is making Terez look cool in the eyes of the other players, Naz now has a better understanding of why the Nazis targeted Jews, gonzo now celebrates easter with meteor sitings, and this thread was Godwin'ed even before it started, so i'm trying to figure out why everyone is still beating this dead horse. i'm thinking boredom.

Well I just happen to have this HUGE cucumber in my fridge, if we need alternate ways to deal with boredom. Of course I was going to slice it up and have it on bread with ham just as I did with its comrades, but just this once...

Isabel
07-22-2014, 11:49 AM
so i'm trying to figure out why everyone is still beating this dead horse. i'm thinking boredom.

Well I do think it's amusing to read and it does seem more people are coming out of hiding and posting :p

Jokeslayer
07-22-2014, 12:01 PM
But the Jews have managed to get a lot of good publicity out of the episode, whereas the other groups for various reasons didn't.

I kind of feel they were due some good publicity at some point.

Sodas
07-22-2014, 01:08 PM

I was thinking they didn't like horses (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.com/2014/07/tin-foil.html). :D

GonzoTheGreat
07-22-2014, 01:11 PM
See, Frenzy?

The horse was just pining for the fjords.

Ivhon
07-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Mumble grumble
/opens door
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
/slams door

Terez
07-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Mumble grumble
/opens door
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
/slams door
Be nice to the horses; they are merely fertilizing the lawn for you.

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 02:33 PM
I was thinking they didn't like horses (http://4life4freedom.blogspot.com/2014/07/tin-foil.html). :D

... So like I was saying I've got this huge cucumber. Really it's a foot long and almost as thick as my wrist and I've got thick wrists. The one I ate yesterday was even bigger.

Jokeslayer
07-22-2014, 03:08 PM
... So like I was saying I've got this huge cucumber. Really it's a foot long and almost as thick as my wrist and I've got thick wrists. The one I ate yesterday was even bigger.

That's what they all say

Khoram
07-22-2014, 03:11 PM

We already have a thread (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7169) for this. :p

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 03:59 PM
We already have a thread (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7169) for this. :p

That was two years ago, almost to the day in fact. I didn't have this cucumber back then.

eht slat meit
07-22-2014, 06:16 PM

I'm sure they just haven't found the right one. Take a look at *my* horse; it's amazing.

Terez
07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Does it taste just like raisins?

eht slat meit
07-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Does it taste just like raisins?

Why yes, it does. Give it a lick!

Zombie Sammael
07-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Wait, was that last bit of nonsense directed at me?

Bollocks to this. *sets fire to Naz on way out*

Khoram
07-22-2014, 08:02 PM
That was two years ago, almost to the day in fact. I didn't have this cucumber back then.

Did you grow it using conventional means, or supplements? ;)

Nazbaque
07-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Did you grow it using conventional means, or supplements? ;)

It's finland, you can just buy these at grocery stores. Rarely get ones this big though.

Khoram
07-22-2014, 10:46 PM
It's finland, you can just buy these at grocery stores. Rarely get ones this big though.

And can you get a grilled cheese at this bigger-than-average cucumber store? :p

Nae'blis
07-22-2014, 11:35 PM
We're inclined to think that this thread is past its usefulness. We're not proscribing any particular topic, but we encourage people to think twice before they restart old arguments.