PDA

View Full Version : Random re-read thought

Daekyras
07-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Hey guys,

Over the last two days I've had the house to myself so got a chance to get a good read in so...
:)
...I read aMoL. One thing jumped out to me- I really think that Elayne should have died. Or at the very least the children should have been cut out of her.

I know that sounds harsh but we got a lot hints at the "strange" nature of their birth and with Elaynes propensity for getting in trouble through her lack of forethought. It could have happened and still had Birgitte appear to save the twins at the end.

Also, that was the second time I got to read the Lan fighting the two fades in the waste. Still got goosebumps. Officially, that means it passes the awesome test. They moved like water, but he was the wind indeed.

Terez
07-19-2014, 05:22 PM
It was Aviendha who was supposed to have "odd" children, not Elayne, and Aviendha might not have even been pregnant yet.

Daekyras
07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Thanks T, always there when i slip. ��

Still think she should have died or something similar...

GonzoTheGreat
07-20-2014, 03:17 AM
You're confusing her with another AS whose name starts with an E, and that one did indeed oblige us. :D

Cor Shan
07-20-2014, 05:09 PM
You're confusing her with another AS whose name starts with an E, and that one did indeed oblige us. :D

This should be in the Quarantine Thread!!!

/s

Actually, I think this idea has a bit of merit. For all the talk of Mat's preternatural luck, Elayne survives a lot of bad situations that she has only herself to blame for.

David Selig
07-21-2014, 11:34 AM
If getting repeatedly in trouble due to lack of forethought meant you have to die, there wouldn't have been any main characters left at the end of WoT. Rand probably would've died somewhere around Book 4 at most.

Rand al'Fain
07-26-2014, 02:23 AM
If getting repeatedly in trouble due to lack of forethought meant you have to die, there wouldn't have been any main characters left at the end of WoT. Rand probably would've died somewhere around Book 4 at most.

In fairness to Rand, he had the taint messing with his mind for a good longtime.

The rest, yeah, they definitly had plot protection (at least until AMOL for Egwene).

GonzoTheGreat
07-26-2014, 03:54 AM
Rand, Mat and Perrin also had the ta'veren effect to keep them sort of safe.