PDA

View Full Version : Those Who Fight

Hugh the Hand
07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
I would say that most of the brief descriptions of those who fight are easy to identify. Except the one.

I do not have the book right in front of me, and I still cannot download my Hugo packet in a readable format, but it is about a woman that is thrown from her throne, made to crawl etc. At first I assumed it was Siuan. But the description, one part about a puppet, seems more like Morgess. However, she does not fit the mold of the other characters and their importance to the story. Thom is not as central as others, but you get my meaning.

Siuan fits more in the importance category, but the description fits more of Morgess.

Am I the only one confused by this?

Was this deliberate?

Thoughts?

WinespringBrother
07-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I would say this is Morgase, since Siuan was already dead by this point (she died in chapter 37 and this was in chapter 39).

Hugh the Hand
07-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Egween was dead by this point

right?

GonzoTheGreat
07-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Egween was dead by this point

right?
Wrong.
He saw this, over and over, in the Pattern arrayed about him. Rand walked through eons and ages, his hand passing through ribbons of the Patterns light.
At the relevant "moment" Rand was hopping about in time as if there were no tomorrow (which, right then, was a definite possibility). So "dead" or "alive" were rather arbitrary, and would have depended on Rand's interpretation of what time was important only.

Hugh the Hand
07-28-2014, 07:40 AM
Ok, he was hopping in time, therefore everyone was dead and alive at the same time.

How does that get us closer to the answer?

It describes Morgase, in my opinion, however, I do not recall he even appearing in MoL. She is not an important character to the story and does not fit the group of people Rand "loved." Siuan is much more important, and the description could mean her, barely, but she too does not fit the mold of people Rand is talking about, although she does more than Morgase.

Is there someone I am thinking that fits this better?

fionwe1987
07-28-2014, 08:59 AM
It is certainly Morghase. That doesn't change the fact that you're correct, and there were way more worthy candidates for Rand to have talked about here.

Terez
07-28-2014, 02:08 PM
I think Brandon put her in there because he didn't manage to put her in anywhere else in the book, so he had to put her in somewhere.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#26

fionwe1987
07-28-2014, 06:51 PM
I think Brandon put her in there because he didn't manage to put her in anywhere else in the book, so he had to put her in somewhere.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=979#26

She is shown helping with the refugees during the LB, but Brandon seems to have forgotten that.

GonzoTheGreat
07-29-2014, 05:12 AM
She is shown helping with the refugees during the LB, but Brandon seems to have forgotten that.
Or maybe that was another former queen named Morgase. :p