PDA

View Full Version : Scorpiom

Daekyras
08-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Weirdest thing just happened. My wife sent me a link to it after someone she works with mentioned it to her.

A tv show is being made about a guy i know. He offered me a job in 2005 but i wouldn't relocate back to the states.

They have now turned his life into a fictional story based on real events about his company.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion_(TV_series)

He was really nice when i met him, he even came to visit me at work even though i turned him down. He just happened to be back in Ireland and wanted to see if i would change my mind face to face. He was a little strange and i got the impression he lost interest in our conversation after he realised i wouldn't but he stayed through a lecture of mine anyway.

Its just weird to think they will make a tv show about him.

Nazbaque
08-22-2014, 06:30 PM

So, Dae. Want a job?

Daekyras
09-05-2014, 05:17 AM

So, Dae. Want a job?

erm..no?

Uno
09-05-2014, 10:48 AM
You know, we could make a TV show. I was thinking of just going with the standard formula of copying an already existing reality show. Right now, every channel's got at least a couple of shows about pawn shops, and supernatural reality shows are all over the place, so how about Haunted Pawn Store? With the spin-off Cajun Haunted Pawn Store, since there will always be a deep south variety of whatever reality show's out there. Beyond that, we can have two stores feuding, so it'll be Cajun Haunted Pawn Shop Wars. Hmm ...

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I actually was intrigued by the promotional commercials for this, and have it set on my calendar to record. Kind of cool to find out a TL connection, and the 'real world' implication.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-09-2014, 01:50 PM
I can't even tell what the show's supposed to be about from the ads. And I haven't really been interested enough to look it up. So... someone want to inform my lazy self?

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I can't even tell what the show's supposed to be about from the ads. And I haven't really been interested enough to look it up. So... someone want to inform my lazy self?

Superheroes. But not superheroes. Just really really uber-smart people, without the costumes. Helping save the world from horrific events.

And there is a normal girl (Lois Lane-ish) to guide them through these issues with socially accepted paths.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Superheroes. But not superheroes. Just really really uber-smart people, without the costumes. Helping save the world from horrific events.

And there is a normal girl (Lois Lane-ish) to guide them through these issues with socially accepted paths.

Why are all these shows starting to sound the same to me? Am I that old and jaded?

GonzoTheGreat
09-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Why are all these shows starting to sound the same to me? Am I that old and jaded?
Nah, the networks are all making "shows that get viewers", which generally means "shows like the shows that are successful right now". In the same way the Indiana Jones series about an archaeologist spawned the Lara Croft series about an archaeologist, and Big Brother brought you American Idols.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-12-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, thank you for not taking the opportunity to call me old, Gonzo.

I thought American Idol came before Big Brother? Not that I was paying close attention. LOL

GonzoTheGreat
09-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I thought American Idol came before Big Brother?
Same difference.

Of course, if you're right, that gets you a couple of penalty points on your Geek Card.

Daekyras
01-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Just saw the first episode: That is NOT the job I turned down!

Haha, what a mental series. Also, walther O'brien is a big white Irish guy. Weird casting.