PDA

View Full Version : A momentous occasion

Zombie Sammael
09-18-2014, 07:07 PM
It's a big day; a day on which the fates of two nations will be decided. Will they be joined forever in Union, or go their separate ways?

That's right Lupus and I are getting married today!

( pics to follow)

Khoram
09-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Woo! Looking forward to pics. :D

Congrats you guys.

Davian93
09-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Congrats!

Frenzy
09-18-2014, 10:33 PM
woo-hoo! Congrats to you both!!

rand
09-18-2014, 11:01 PM
congrats :)

ShadowbaneX
09-18-2014, 11:45 PM
Congratulations!

Isabel
09-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Congrats! make it a wonderfull day!

yks 6nnetu hing
09-19-2014, 03:05 AM
WoT you say?

lots of happiness to you today and for the decades to come :) Happy happy occasion indeed!

DahLliA
09-19-2014, 04:07 AM
Congrats!

GonzoTheGreat
09-19-2014, 04:20 AM
It's a big day; a day on which the fates of two nations will be decided. Will they be joined forever in Union, or go their separate ways?
Just for your information: the Scots have voted "No". :D

Terez
09-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Congrats y'all. I have a feeling I slept through it.

Sarevok
09-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Congrats! :D

SauceyBlueConfetti
09-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Wooooohooooo!! Congrats guys, so very happy for you both!

Pics, yes please!!! Saw a couple, and LOVE the brown!!!

Crispin's Crispian
09-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Congratulations!

Hopefully by you're calmed down a bit and relaxing by yourselves. :D Enjoy it!

sleepinghour
09-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Congratulations! From the one photo I saw on Twitter (the one of the Tardis cake with an Aes Sedai-looking lady in the background), the wedding appears to have been an awesome event. :D Hope the whole day was wonderful.

Nazbaque
09-20-2014, 01:12 AM
Congrats!

Lupusdeusest
09-20-2014, 05:45 AM
I have pictures! (Prepare for picture spam!)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/263/f/4/russ_me_cert_by_lupus_deus_est-d7ztuk7.jpg
Just after we had signed the marriage documents!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/263/6/0/weddingparty_by_lupus_deus_est-d7ztvmz.jpg
Not flattering to any of us but shows the range in the wedding party itself.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/263/9/0/bluemtns_by_lupus_deus_est-d7ztwlb.jpg
What we are contending with now

More to come!

Lupusdeusest
09-20-2014, 07:59 AM
A little while ago we had to pt up with this...
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/263/a/8/bubbly_by_lupus_deus_est-d7zu5wu.jpg

...but check out Zombie's choice of cake!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/263/f/8/tardiscake_by_lupus_deus_est-d7zu6hu.jpg

(and yes, that is half a Linda there (in her infamous Tarabon dress), with my mother (Cairhien), her partner (Cairhien), and Zombie's dad (Andor-ish) in the background.

Davian93
09-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Where's the honeymoon? Looks really nice.

Lupusdeusest
09-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains in New South Wales
Bit west of Sydney.

GonzoTheGreat
09-21-2014, 04:34 AM
Bit west of Sydney.
That's not very specific. Apart from some sharks and poisonous jellyfish, just about everything in Australia is "a bit west of Sydney".

Lupusdeusest
09-21-2014, 05:13 AM
That's not very specific. Apart from some sharks and poisonous jellyfish, just about everything in Australia is "a bit west of Sydney".

Nah mate, this'd be barely a galah's screech away.

In northern hemisphere terms, that's about 100km. Any further and you'd be looking at the shuffle of a wobbly wombat's bottom...

GonzoTheGreat
09-21-2014, 06:47 AM
Now you have me curious: is there a consistent (or even an inconsistent) system of Australian distance measures from "next door neighbours" to "all across the continent"? If so, can you tell us what the various units are?

WinespringBrother
09-22-2014, 09:21 AM
CONGRATS!!

Gilshalos Sedai
09-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Congrats, both of you!

Ishara
09-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Yay! I soaked in all of the photos and was squeeing from the couch. I'm so happy you had what looks to be a perfectly lovely day full of laughter and love. Congratulations to you both!

Daekyras
09-23-2014, 05:36 AM
What lovely pictures.

Congratulations, I hope you guys are wondrously happy for the rest of your lives.

As a small side note- that is not how I pictured Zombie as looking like.

Zombie Sammael
09-23-2014, 06:55 AM
What lovely pictures.

Congratulations, I hope you guys are wondrously happy for the rest of your lives.

As a small side note- that is not how I pictured Zombie as looking like.

Dare I ask what you thought I would look like?

Lupusdeusest
09-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Now you have me curious: is there a consistent (or even an inconsistent) system of Australian distance measures from "next door neighbours" to "all across the continent"? If so, can you tell us what the various units are?

Not written down that of which I know, but I do know of interstate agreement on nonquantifiables such as "out at woopwoop" and "beyond the black stump".

On a photo-based note, we are still gathering them in. We were lucky enough to have Frank Taglieri as our photographer and Zombie's parents are picking the raw up after its backup today.

Here is a bit of a snapshot of some of the other guests:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/266/9/5/wedding_party__snapshot_by_lupus_deus_est-d8088z6.jpg

Daekyras
09-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Dare I ask what you thought I would look like?

yes.

I always try and form an image of a poster based on previous posts etc. For some reason I have you mentally pegged as a tall black guy.

You are clearly only two of those things...

I regard all posters on the internet the same way I regard prostitutes in south east asia- Assume they are men until proven otherwise....;)

Res_Ipsa
09-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Congrats to both of you!

Was this your wedding singer by chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crir9J3WTig

Nazbaque
09-23-2014, 11:43 AM
yes.

I always try and form an image of a poster based on previous posts etc. For some reason I have you mentally pegged as a tall black guy.

You are clearly only two of those things...

I regard all posters on the internet the same way I regard prostitutes in south east asia- Assume they are men until proven otherwise....;)

Okay now you've got to tell the rest of us. No doubt everyone wants to know about me as well as themselves which goes double for me. Or would that be half? But I'd also like to know how you see Gonzo. Oh and Tomp, everyone likes Tomp.

Daekyras
09-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Okay now you've got to tell the rest of us. No doubt everyone wants to know about me as well as themselves which goes double for me. Or would that be half? But I'd also like to know how you see Gonzo. Oh and Tomp, everyone likes Tomp.
Surely I'm not the only one who pictures the other posters???

Naz, i picture you as around 5'9" tall, slim build and wearing glasses. White guy. Kinda like Paul Dano.

for the others I wouldn't want to hijack the thread- but if a mod wants to move the last couple of posts to a new thread called "daek being silly" i will gladly make myself look like an idiot for your reading pleasure :)

Nazbaque
09-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who pictures the other posters???

Naz, i picture you as around 5'9" tall, slim build and wearing glasses. White guy. Kinda like Paul Dano.

for the others I wouldn't want to hijack the thread- but if a mod wants to move the last couple of posts to a new thread called "daek being silly" i will gladly make myself look like an idiot for your reading pleasure :)

Not bad at all, I am 182 cm which is between 5'11'' and 6'. I am not slim in build even if I managed to lose the extra fat I'd still have my naturally muscular frame. I do wear glasses and I definitely count as white, though I really pay very little attention to what race anyone is. Paul Dano is a year and a bit older than me and my jaw is closer to the square extreme.

Daekyras
09-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Not bad at all, I am 182 cm which is between 5'11'' and 6'. I am not slim in build even if I managed to lose the extra fat I'd still have my naturally muscular frame. I do wear glasses and I definitely count as white, though I really pay very little attention to what race anyone is. Paul Dano is a year and a bit older than me and my jaw is closer to the square extreme.

Remind me not to piss you off!

yks 6nnetu hing
09-24-2014, 02:25 AM
Funny, I have pictured Zombie as a redhead ever since the bike tour he did across England... er... 2 years ago? Lupus on the other hand I always pictured as blonde, no idea why... maybe because she's Australian?

anyhow, now that I've seen the pics, it's like "of COURSE!"

Zaela Sedai
09-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Awesome pics! congrats to you you both!:D

Lupusdeusest
10-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Either noone has noticed the design in moonstones and garnets on my chest or noone is brave/crude enough to make a quip about "under this sign he shall conquer"...

Nazbaque
10-02-2014, 06:06 AM
Either noone has noticed the design in moonstones and garnets on my chest or noone is brave/crude enough to make a quip about "under this sign he shall conquer"...

Well you know he is Sammael reanimeted not LTT reborn. And Sammael was famous for not being as ... tall as most men and he hated them for it particularly LTT.

If anything I'd say the meaning of wearing it could be seen as "Even though I'm marrying this man and really do love him, if Rand al'Thor turns up I will jump his bones"

And now I'm reminded of an old smut fic I read years back. Can't remember the name or the author, but I think it was removed so it doesn't matter anyway. Wasn't all that well written but there were some hillarious jokes. Basically the whole "under this sign he shall conquer" got twisted into all of WT becoming Rand's harem. Then because of the ta'veren link Mat and Perrin got some of the action too and this was the real reason behind siswai'aman wearing the symbol on their forehead as they thought the power was in the symbol itself and it would get them laid. Of course the maidens made jokes about them trying to send hints to the car'a'carn that should he be interested in the other half of humanity they were willing to be conquered. Another running gag was the glow of saidar being mistaken for the glow having just been "conquered". "Getting rid of the block" was a euphemism for a girl losing her virginity and "wilder" was kind of like "slut". I wish I could remember more of it, really brought home just how much of the WoT could be twisted into sexual metaphors.

Lupusdeusest
10-02-2014, 10:09 AM
Oh ye gods above...

Daekyras
10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Well you know he is Sammael reanimeted not LTT reborn. And Sammael was famous for not being as ... tall as most men and he hated them for it particularly LTT.

If anything I'd say the meaning of wearing it could be seen as "Even though I'm marrying this man and really do love him, if Rand al'Thor turns up I will jump his bones"

And now I'm reminded of an old smut fic I read years back. Can't remember the name or the author, but I think it was removed so it doesn't matter anyway. Wasn't all that well written but there were some hillarious jokes. Basically the whole "under this sign he shall conquer" got twisted into all of WT becoming Rand's harem. Then because of the ta'veren link Mat and Perrin got some of the action too and this was the real reason behind siswai'aman wearing the symbol on their forehead as they thought the power was in the symbol itself and it would get them laid. Of course the maidens made jokes about them trying to send hints to the car'a'carn that should he be interested in the other half of humanity they were willing to be conquered. Another running gag was the glow of saidar being mistaken for the glow having just been "conquered". "Getting rid of the block" was a euphemism for a girl losing her virginity and "wilder" was kind of like "slut". I wish I could remember more of it, really brought home just how much of the WoT could be twisted into sexual metaphors.

So....better than CoT?

Frenzy
10-02-2014, 10:15 PM
i'm seriously considering trying to commission a marriage knife...

Khoram
10-02-2014, 11:13 PM
i'm seriously considering trying to commission a marriage knife...

Just another of the reasons why nobody should ever get on Frenzy's bad side...

Ishara
10-09-2014, 08:22 AM
I noticed - it was just beautiful! Did I read that your Mum sewed it all?