PDA

View Full Version : The architect himself

Southpaw2012
11-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Well, he was right!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/11/10/obamacare-architect-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-was-critical-to-passing-the-law/

Davian93
11-10-2014, 07:54 PM
I see the talking points were passed out at all the relevant right-wing nut sites as this is the 3rd or 4th reference to this I've seen by nutters in the last couple hours.

Kimon
11-10-2014, 08:09 PM
I would understand all the animosity directed at the ACA by the right had it been single payer, but it's as conservative-friendly a solution to the problem of uninsured and under-insured as could possibly have been written. If the right actually got its way and overturned it now it would not only steal health care coverage for more than 4 million Americans, but would also throw into chaos a system that is working well and making quite a bit of money for insurance companies. Continuing this fight, much like the continued obsession on the right with Benghazi (an even more ridiculous source of irritation) has long since become asinine.

If you want to get annoyed at something how about this...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-9-billion-witness-20141106

Davian93
11-10-2014, 08:28 PM
I would understand all the animosity directed at the ACA by the right had it been single payer, but it's as conservative-friendly a solution to the problem of uninsured and under-insured as could possibly have been written. If the right actually got its way and overturned it now it would not only steal health care coverage for more than 4 million Americans, but would also throw into chaos a system that is working well and making quite a bit of money for insurance companies. Continuing this fight, much like the continued obsession on the right with Benghazi (an even more ridiculous source of irritation) has long since become asinine.

If you want to get annoyed at something how about this...

Its a shame that Reid, Obama and Pelosi were all such chickenshits or we would have Single Payer right now...the GOP was never going to support any sort of "compromise" even when that compromise was literally their own counterproposal to Hillarycare word-for-word. They should have just bit the bullet and passed Single Payer. It would have been the greatest accomplishment by either party since the Civil Rights Movement but they pussied out and here we are 6 years later with a half-assed handout to the insurance companies.

Terez
11-11-2014, 06:50 PM
My first thought seeing that headline was "Who is writing this kind of thing now that Taibbi is gone?" But apparently he's not entirely gone. I have been waiting for his new venture to get going but apparently they are not quite on the ball, so maybe he is just using RS for his important pieces in the meantime? He actually had the title of contributing editor beforehand, if I recall, so maybe he just gave that up, and his blog.

Frenzy
11-12-2014, 12:48 AM
i didn't click the link, because that site does weird shite to the auto-ads i get on other sites. But judging from the title, i have two questions/comments:

1) isn't ACA modeled after something Mitt Romney implemented in Massachusetts?

2) Of course the American voters are stupid. An educated populace is difficult to control. But one lulled by shiny distractions and talking heads spouting vitriol is easy to manipulate and/or marginalize.

Case in point: Over half of voters couldn't be arsed to vote in the last election.

Isabel
11-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Southpaw: it would be nice if you actually replied to the points made by others besides starting a new thread.

Nazbaque
11-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Southpaw: it would be nice if you actually replied to the points made by others besides starting a new thread.

We've tried that approach. He just gets snooty about how he is too busy to check back and reply, which I suppose sheds light on the effort and thought he puts in starting these threads.

GonzoTheGreat
11-12-2014, 10:10 AM
We've tried that approach. He just gets snooty about how he is too busy to check back and reply, which I suppose sheds light on the effort and thought he puts in starting these threads.
Some people can change. It is even possible that he is one of the people who can learn.

Nazbaque
11-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Some people can change. It is even possible that he is one of the people who can learn.

Very true. Nevertheless I maintain that the simple hints approach hasn't worked so far. I might have to stretch it to "we have no evidence of it working so far" and of course absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but still it has not worked to the degree of him getting involved in the discussions he starts.

Not that it matters much since the topic is invariably not only american or even american politics, but american politics biased in favour of republicans. That's shallow cubed.

So just to make this interesting I am going to prove that republicans are not only unpatriotic but also traitors to their own heritage.

Facts:
1) Republicans refer to themselves as "conservatives" and use the term "liberal" as an insult.

2) In the years leading to the american war of independence there were those who were not in favour of said independence but preferred to keep things as they were.

Conclusions:
3) Fact 2 clearly indicates that the conservatives were the enemies of the american dream and the liberals were the true patriots.

4) Adding fact 1 to conclusion 3 we can clearly see that not only is the republican habit of using the term "liberal" as an insult unpatriotic but directly insulting to their founding fathers. It also follows that by referring to themselves as "conservatives" republicans declare themselves to be enemies of the american dream and thus traitors to their own heritage.

Q.E.D.

Davian93
11-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Law school is a lot of work. I know I never had time to go to class, work a full time job and post on TL...no siree..never did that.

The Unreasoner
11-12-2014, 02:31 PM

Well at least he's civil. That's the most important thing.

Nazbaque
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Well at least he's civil. That's the most important thing.

Oh there never is a most important thing, just things that need fixing more than others. If a part breaks, the whole doesn't work.