PDA

View Full Version : Remembrance Day

Khoram
11-11-2014, 10:39 AM
This particular Remembrance Day is special to Canadians in particular, with the deaths of Corporal Nathan Cirillo and Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent. It also marks the centenary of the start of the First World War, where many believe we became our own nation.

This Remembrance Day, I once again salute the veterans of this board, and thank you for your service. I can only hope that my eventual military service will be as meaningful for others as the service of those who have gone before was for me.

Thank you.

I also think I still owe Zan lunch, if he ever shows up again. :D

Brita
11-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes, it is a particularly poignant remembrance day this year, and especially in Canada.

Thank you for your service Khoram. And thank you to those before you and to those after you.

ShadowbaneX
11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
I just got back from Parliament Hill. Couldn't see anything other than people's backs for the most part. It was really crowded up there. The weather was very nice, one of the best we've had.

Khoram
11-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Apparently they were expecting somewhere around 80,000 people there today. Which is crazy.

And Brita: I'm not in yet, but I'll accept the thanks early. :p

Davian93
11-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Being a Veteran and serving your country is a very unique and special fraternity. Only those who have done it can really appreciate that aspect of it.

It is just one of those things.

ShadowbaneX
11-11-2014, 10:43 PM
They predicted 80,000, but I think it was more like 50,000.

Serving in the forces can be a wierd thing. For instance a friend of mine signed up on June 6th. Many years later he left...on April 1st. He says it sums up his opinion on the Canadian Forces exactly.

Davian93
11-12-2014, 07:09 AM
I was always highly impressed with the Canadian forces I served with...they seemed like pretty solid troops overall.

Khoram
11-12-2014, 09:27 AM
And when I finally get in, you're gonna want to join back up and specifically want I serve with us. Cause I'm the cream of the crop. :D