PDA

View Full Version : Benghazi: "No Intelligence Failure"

Davian93
11-21-2014, 09:48 PM
http://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf

Shocker that they decided to release that report on a Friday evening before a major holiday week...I wonder why the GOP House buried it like that?

Southpaw, do you have any thoughts on why they'd do that?

Some key quotes from the report:

Finding #1: There is no evidence of an intelligence failure. Prior to the Benghazi attacks, the CIA provided sufficient strategic warning of the deteriorating threat environment to U.S. decision-makers, including those at the State Department. The IC did not fail to provide specific, tactical warning of the attacks in Benghazi because it had no credible intelligence about the attacks before they began.

Finding #10: The CIA received all military support that was available. Neither the CIA nor DOD denied requests for air support. One CIA security officer requested a Spectre gunship that he believed was available, but his commanding officer did not relay the request because he correctly knew the gunship was not available.

Finding #15: CIA did not intimidate or prevent any officer from speaking to Congress or otherwise telling his story.

What a bunch of jackasses....Issa should have to pay back every pennies of the millions upon millions he and his committee wasted on that travesty over the past few years.

Terez
11-21-2014, 10:26 PM
At least he lost his chair.

Isabel
11-22-2014, 02:47 AM
Wanna bet this won't change their minds?

Terez
11-22-2014, 02:58 AM
No one here is dumb enough to take that bet.

Davian93
11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Wanna bet this won't change their minds?

Funny you should mention that...mind you, this was the 7th Congressional inquiry into it and all 7 have found the same thing...nothing. The 8th inquiry is set to start hearing this Spring supposedly.

I wish I was kidding.

Ivhon
11-24-2014, 11:43 AM
Wonder why the President doesn't sue Congress...

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2014, 01:08 PM
Wonder why the President doesn't sue Congress...
They have plausible deniability on account of the limitations of their mental facilities.

The Unreasoner
11-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Funny you should mention that...mind you, this was the 7th Congressional inquiry into it and all 7 have found the same thing...nothing. The 8th inquiry is set to start hearing this Spring supposedly.

I wish I was kidding.

Did you see Graham's little hissy fit? He's basically taking the position that the conspiracy theories are true as axioms, and that all this report shows is that the commitee didn't dig deep enough. And the lesser creatures will believe it.

He is optimistic that the next inquiry will produce results, with its 'select' (coached) Congressmen.

Davian93
11-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Did you see Graham's little hissy fit? He's basically taking the position that the conspiracy theories are true as axioms, and that all this report shows is that the commitee didn't dig deep enough. And the lesser creatures will believe it.

He is optimistic that the next inquiry will produce results, with its 'select' (coached) Congressmen.

Yup, saw it. He's such a joke.

Southpaw2012
11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
http://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Benghazi%20Report.pdf

Shocker that they decided to release that report on a Friday evening before a major holiday week...I wonder why the GOP House buried it like that?

Southpaw, do you have any thoughts on why they'd do that?

Some key quotes from the report:

What a bunch of jackasses....Issa should have to pay back every pennies of the millions upon millions he and his committee wasted on that travesty over the past few years.

Yet the administration jailed a film maker over a video that did not cause the attack. They lied about the video being the reason for the attack and they lied for Obama's 2012 election. This administration still fears being politically incorrect and blaming Islamic terrorism for what it is, but whatever. This report is still light but on the surface, it's good to see this administration is just pathetic and not completely negligent in lives lost

The Unreasoner
11-24-2014, 05:53 PM
But that's not what the report says. No political motivations were involved, or at least not to the point of error. People legitimately believed the film was responsible, and said so. They were mistaken, not lying.

As for re-election shenanigans, what does it say when Bush artificially raised the terror threat level 10 years ago? People probably died from that, by choosing to drive instead of fly.

Davian93
11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Yet the administration jailed a film maker over a video that did not cause the attack. They lied about the video being the reason for the attack and they lied for Obama's 2012 election. This administration still fears being politically incorrect and blaming Islamic terrorism for what it is, but whatever. This report is still light but on the surface, it's good to see this administration is just pathetic and not completely negligent in lives lost

If you actually read the report that your GOP congress produced, it shows that it was not a deliberate lie about the video causing it and there were multiple, conflicting pieces of intelligence during that early period after the attack..

So you look like even more of a jackass here. You are going to be a pretty terrible attorney.

Davian93
11-24-2014, 06:02 PM
But that's not what the report says. No political motivations were involved, or at least not to the point of error. People legitimately believed the film was responsible, and said so. They were mistaken, not lying.

As for re-election shenanigans, what does it say when Bush artificially raised the terror threat level 10 years ago? People probably died from that, by choosing to drive instead of fly.

Stop quoting facts and using references.

Uno
11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Yup, saw it. He's such a joke.

No one listens to old auntie Lindsey, surely.

Terez
11-24-2014, 11:22 PM
No one listens to old auntie Lindsey, surely.
Are you casting aspersions on his asparagus?

Southpaw2012
12-10-2014, 05:12 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Dh9TuNGaU&list=UUVvxvugtuNZSygB4z4aVfsg

Good

Kimon
12-10-2014, 08:05 PM

Good

One would have hoped that the recent scrutiny into the undeniable war crimes of the Bush administration would have demonstrated to you the difference between nonsense and actual crimes.

GonzoTheGreat
12-11-2014, 04:15 AM

Good
One of your representatives recounts how four Americans died in terrible circumstances (I only listened to part of the video, I have to admit, so this is all I heard) and your comment is "Good"?

Nazbaque
12-11-2014, 01:37 PM
One of your representatives recounts how four Americans died in terrible circumstances (I only listened to part of the video, I have to admit, so this is all I heard) and your comment is "Good"?

I'm pretty sure he meant for us to watch the whole playlist, which I presume is his masturbation material.

suttree
12-15-2014, 01:05 PM

Good

Serious question. How many more reports and wasted millions tax payer dollars(which have all found absolutely zero evidence of wrong doing) do you need before giving up that pretty tinfoil hat?