PDA

View Full Version : Hi, guys.

Belazamon
12-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Fifteen years after my first visit, I figured I'd check in and see if you'd burned the place down. How goes?

ShadowbaneX
12-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Holy shit, it's Bela.

Heya Bela, it goes well. How goes for you?

Khoram
12-19-2014, 09:26 PM
*hides behind ESC Couch in case of Belafire*

Bela! How's it going?

Seeing as Naz was the only other fire hazard, we didn't have TOO much to worry about. :D

Isabel
12-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Woohoo, how are you bela?

Terez
12-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Hi Bela. Naz burns the place down occasionally but it spontaneously regenerates.

Nazbaque
12-20-2014, 01:48 AM
Hey that was only twice and I was drunk on both times!

*Sets himself on fire*

Hi Bela!!

GonzoTheGreat
12-20-2014, 03:51 AM
Only a few days ago, it was announced that a deal between Obama and Castro led to the release of some prisoners. Now you return. Is there a connection?

Mort
12-20-2014, 05:38 AM
Only a few days ago, it was announced that a deal between Obama and Castro led to the release of some prisoners. Now you return. Is there a connection?

LOL!

Hi Bela!

Davian93
12-20-2014, 11:08 AM
Hi Bela!

Belazamon
12-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Good to see so many of the old "faces." I'm doing all right, other than still being stuck in a part of the country in which I have no interest in dwelling. Year four of my six-month stay at this location, woohoo! Anyway, I got kind of nostalgic for some reason, so I thought I'd pop in and poke around a bit.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Cigar?

Ivhon
12-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Glad you decided to poop in! Miss your horse-face!

Frenzy
12-20-2014, 02:59 PM
i see what you did there, Ivhon. But who's gonna clean it up? ;)

Good to see you, Horse of the Dark.

Nazbaque
12-20-2014, 03:55 PM
i see what you did there, Ivhon. But who's gonna clean it up? ;)

Good to see you, Horse of the Dark.

Everyone can see it. Smell it too if it comes to that. Is it just me or has there lately been a lot more crap than usual?

GonzoTheGreat
12-21-2014, 04:01 AM
Is it just me or has there lately been a lot more crap than usual?
That could be because the president of the USA decided to implement RomneyCare throughout his country. Or perhaps it is just you. Difficult to choose amongst options such as these, it is.

Nazbaque
12-21-2014, 06:46 AM
That could be because the president of the USA decided to implement RomneyCare throughout his country. Or perhaps it is just you. Difficult to choose amongst options such as these, it is.

Why the Yoda speak in the last bit?

GonzoTheGreat
12-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Why the Yoda speak in the last bit?
Good question. If you find the answer, let me know.
I just felt like it, which isn't logical and thus not a satisfactory answer of itself.

Nazbaque
12-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Good question. If you find the answer, let me know.
I just felt like it, which isn't logical and thus not a satisfactory answer of itself.

Ah but it is logical in itself. Desire led to action. The desire may or may not be logical but that is up to you to ascertain.

GonzoTheGreat
12-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Ah, but if "I did it because I wanted to" is good enough for you, then why did you have to ask at all?

Nazbaque
12-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Because I was curious!

DahLliA
12-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Bela!

And there's way too much "philosophy" in here.

Makes my head hurt :p

Belazamon
12-22-2014, 03:19 AM
Hi Bela!

And there's way too much philosophy in here.

Makes my head hurt :p

"Philosophy"? Really? We're going with that?

DahLliA
12-22-2014, 04:52 AM
"Philosophy"? Really? We're going with that?

Edited my post. Happy? :p

I don't really know the word for "people being deliberately over-philosophical", but I did find this: Too Philosophical Pop Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDvdzSwG20)

GonzoTheGreat
12-22-2014, 05:13 AM
I like the song. But I do have the impression that you're a bit phobosophic.

DahLliA
12-22-2014, 06:16 AM
I like the song. But I do have the impression that you're a bit phobosophic.

Shouldn't that be sophophobic?

GonzoTheGreat
12-22-2014, 06:34 AM
No, since it is also philosophic and not sophophilic.
At least, I assume that the ancient Greek who came up with the term knew how to use their own language. If that's an incorrect assumption, then you could be right.

DahLliA
12-22-2014, 06:46 AM
No, since it is also philosophic and not sophophilic.
At least, I assume that the ancient Greek who came up with the term knew how to use their own language. If that's an incorrect assumption, then you could be right.

I was thinking more along the lines of arachnophobia, sophophobia, but I guess you didn't mean I was afraid of sophy?

Nazbaque
12-22-2014, 07:46 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of arachnophobia, sophophobia, but I guess you didn't mean I was afraid of sophy?

Sophy is knowledge. Are you afraid of knowledge? CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?

GonzoTheGreat
12-22-2014, 09:51 AM
I would guess that you guessed right. I was aiming for something meaning something like "enemy of wisdom", but my knowledge of Greek wasn't what it never has been (but should've been, I suspect), and I could not recall the appropriate word for "enemy". So I improvised.

Nazbaque
12-22-2014, 11:31 AM
I would guess that you guessed right. I was aiming for something meaning something like "enemy of wisdom", but my knowledge of Greek wasn't what it never has been (but should've been, I suspect), and I could not recall the appropriate word for "enemy". So I improvised.

I think that would be asophic or antisophic or is that latin.

GonzoTheGreat
12-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Asophic would be "without wisdom". Antisophic might do, though. However, once again based on my inconsiderable command of Greek, I may not be the best judge of this.

Kimon
12-22-2014, 12:09 PM

What you looking for is probably μισόσοφος (wisdom hating - misosophos if you have trouble reading the Greek). "phil" can appear either at the beginning or the end, "phobos" & "phobia" always at the end in compounds. "mis" always at the beginning.

If you want a literal version of "enemy of wisdom", that would be echthros sophias (εχθρός σοφίας).

The Unreasoner
12-22-2014, 12:50 PM
If only there was some more productive outlet for this energy...like, for instance, a 24 year old mystery involving art, language, math and the Cold War. Ah, well...

Nazbaque
12-22-2014, 01:30 PM
If only there was some more productive outlet for this energy...like, for instance, a 24 year old mystery involving art, language, math and the Cold War. Ah, well...

What could possibly be more productive than our own personal amusement?

The Unreasoner
12-22-2014, 01:42 PM
What could possibly be more productive than our own personal amusement?

So you're Epicureanist. And either inconsistent or illogical.

Fine...

Nazbaque
12-22-2014, 01:58 PM
So you're Epicureanist. And either inconsistent or illogical.

Fine...

Actually it's called sarcasm.

Belazamon
12-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I don't really know the word for "people being deliberately over-philosophical", but I did find this: Too Philosophical Pop Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDvdzSwG20)

Nice. I assume those song lyrics were direct quotes from Gonzo posts over the years?

The Unreasoner
12-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Actually it's called sarcasm.

Your board-wide pissing contest with Gonzo is sarcastic? I think we should review the cost/benefit analysis.

Nazbaque
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Your board-wide pissing contest with Gonzo is sarcastic? I think we should review the cost/benefit analysis.

Ah well seeing as how both the cost and benefit are practically indefinable abstracts an attempt at that analysis is so much wasted time and effort.

GonzoTheGreat
12-23-2014, 03:10 AM
What you looking for is probably μισόσοφος (wisdom hating - misosophos if you have trouble reading the Greek).
Jedi hand wave: "That was the word I was looking for."

Some people are smart enough not to fall into the trap of fighting the previous war all over again.

Plus, I suspect there's some flaw in that puzzle, making it impossible to solve. That would explain best why it hasn't been solved, yet. But if you do know the trick, then you can read it, which would explain why the maker didn't spot this weakness.

The Unreasoner
12-23-2014, 10:42 AM
What sort of weakness? There are errors (intentional and otherwise) throughout the figure. The rest has been solved. If there is some signal in the noise, we would be able to find it eventually.

The error would have to be integral and systemic. A missed word would be found by now, or corrected by Sanborn.

Just look at other ciphers that lasted. The fact that we haven't solved it doesn't mean it's unsolveable.

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-24-2014, 02:50 PM
As you can see Bela, nothing really changes here.

:).

GonzoTheGreat
12-25-2014, 04:01 AM
What sort of weakness? There are errors (intentional and otherwise) throughout the figure. The rest has been solved. If there is some signal in the noise, we would be able to find it eventually.

The error would have to be integral and systemic. A missed word would be found by now, or corrected by Sanborn.

Just look at other ciphers that lasted. The fact that we haven't solved it doesn't mean it's unsolveable.
I don't do many puzzles of the type you're tackling here. But I occasionally (about once a week or thereabouts) do a Sudoku. With that kind of puzzle, it should in principle be possible to solve it by incrementally finding more and more of the missing symbols (usually digits, but that is not actually necessary). But I have two Sudokus left which, as far as I can determine, can only be solved by finding the entire pattern and not before that. That means that the one who made them botched the design, but the puzzle is still theoretically solvable, and if you know the solution, then it may not be obvious that getting from the puzzle to the solution is a highly non-trivial problem. It could be the same with the one that is stumping you: if there is just a bit of missing information, then getting from the problem to the solution could only be done by brute force: guessing the entire correct outcome and then checking that it actually works. Doing so, with a cypher of that length, would take a substantial amount of time, and I am not sure the universe is old enough, yet, to say that we've had enough time.

The Unreasoner
12-27-2014, 09:06 PM
You can't brute force it, though not because of time constraints or computer limitations. There are around 10^52 possibile 97 letter strings, most of which will be gibberish. But not all, and most importantly, not all but 1. So it's a wewillwinthewar/theduckwantsout scenario. The thing is, most brute force techniques require some knowledge of the cryptosystem. And this is what separates Kryptos from your sudokus: you know the rules of the system you are working with. Sometimes there is an error which leads to multiple possible solutions to a sudoku, or an error means there are no possible solutions. But it can be shown easily enough that a given set of sudoku clues doesn't have a unique solution when there is an error) but this is because the rules of sudoku are clear.

K4 doesn't follow a known set of rules. You may be right, and K4 might be breaking its own rules, but since we don't know the rules involved, that assumption is premature. Also, I think more care to avoid mistakes would have been put into something like Kryptos, compared to one of a series of mass-produced sudoku. The solution to Kryptos could be something relatively simple, like shifting each letter by a corresponding letter in Howard Carter's writing, then multiplying it by its position, then reducing mod 26. Easy enough to describe, but the statistical traces it leaves would be faint, and probably not unique. And maybe they use a different text for the key. Maybe they rearrange the letters afterwards. Maybe the key is something else again. Maybe the method is something else again.

When Sanborn released the new clue the day after I started the thread, I almost thought he had actually read the thread and was responding to it; maybe he's a lurker, maybe he just had a Google alert. But even if he did release the clue in order to respond, how would I interpret it? Was I close, and he wanted to help me figure it out? Was he trying to throw me off track with useless info? Was I nowhere near, and he felt pity? Was I nowhere near, and then kicked further?

Alot of the techniques we used to analyze WoT have a place here. There are interviews to scrutinize, backgrounds to study, certain Word of God clues to take advantage of, past works to examine. Frankly I'm surprised it got such a cool reception here.

The Unreasoner
12-27-2014, 09:09 PM
The number of strings is actually higher than 10^52, I accidently switched the numbers in my head. But my point still stands.

Nazbaque
12-28-2014, 05:48 AM
Frankly I'm surprised it got such a cool reception here.

Well the reason for the cool reception is that while some of us actually were interested in it, the way you started cramming it down everyone's throats just put us off. You have serious attitude problems and they show in situations like these. Do you seriously think that this is the only interesting thing in the world? It is interesting yes, but the way you obsess over it and especially when you don't let others have their own pace with it, just ruins the whole thing. It's like having a good meal in front of you and just when you are about start on it the guy who introduced you to the restaurant insists on adding condiments for you just because he likes the dish that way.

If you don't let people choose, they will choose to walk away.

The Unreasoner
12-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Do you actually want me to respond to any of that? Or are you just letting off steam? I'm perfectly willing to not take any of that personally, and ignore it. But it's your call.

Nazbaque
12-29-2014, 07:44 PM
Do you actually want me to respond to any of that? Or are you just letting off steam? I'm perfectly willing to not take any of that personally, and ignore it. But it's your call.

I never do just anything. This is the image your behaviour has created. Wanna fix it? Start behaving.

The Unreasoner
12-30-2014, 04:20 PM
I never do just anything.

I could probably poke holes in that. Certainly it isn't, to use your phrase, 'the image your behavior has created'.

I'm still a little blown away that a sarcastic plug of a failed thread would piss you off this much. You're annoyed that I got a little obsessive? That's practically my mo. Get excited, get obsessed, burn out, move on.

I have more, but it isn't exactly designed to lower the ambient temperature of the boards. And since there's only about 5 people still posting, is it really in my interest to bother? I sort of doubt it.

Nazbaque
12-30-2014, 04:56 PM
What makes you think that I'm pissed off? I never act on a single motive. You have been annoying lately, but it's mostly because you are so shallow. So I really have no motive to not needle you and since you also lack self control, my sadistic tendensies are easily satisfied.

And how could you possibly believe I want lower temperatures? Me?

Belazamon
01-02-2015, 01:12 AM
Hi, Unreasoner! You seem unreasonable.

The Unreasoner
01-03-2015, 03:07 PM
What makes you think that I'm pissed off? I never act on a single motive. You have been annoying lately, but it's mostly because you are so shallow. So I really have no motive to not needle you and since you also lack self control, my sadistic tendensies are easily satisfied.

And how could you possibly believe I want lower temperatures? Me?

I'm not inclined do believe your claims of complexity of motive. Frequently you are dominated by a single, simple one. Reactionary tendencies and a defensive nature don't leave you a lot of room to maneuver, especially after the fact. And recent evidence shows how little care you take to understand (or even read) the posts you respond to. No, instead of taking your word that behind the curtain lies things far beyond my understanding, I expect to find it empty.

Shallow? How so?

And @Belazamon,
Unreasonable? How so?

The Unreasoner persona has frequently been encouraging, curious, and welcoming of substantive debate. Perhaps a little overzealous at times, but everone needs a little flavor.

Nazbaque
01-03-2015, 04:55 PM
I'm not inclined do believe your claims of complexity of motive. Frequently you are dominated by a single, simple one. Reactionary tendencies and a defensive nature don't leave you a lot of room to maneuver, especially after the fact. And recent evidence shows how little care you take to understand (or even read) the posts you respond to. No, instead of taking your word that behind the curtain lies things far beyond my understanding, I expect to find it empty.

Shallow? How so?

And @Belazamon,
Unreasonable? How so?

The Unreasoner persona has frequently been encouraging, curious, and welcoming of substantive debate. Perhaps a little overzealous at times, but everone needs a little flavor.

Complexity? I didn't say they were complex I said there was more than one. In this case there was my annoyance at the way you whine about us not sharing one of your interests, my eagerness to guide others to self improvement, my strategic gamble on needling you to strong reaction so you would remember the experience and hopefully take the various lessons to heart and of course the fact that I was bored.

The shallow part comes in to it when I actually had to explain this to you when the fact that everything that happens anywhere does so for multiple reasons is so easily observed. In general your shallowness turns up in confusing action with result and therefore drawing false conclusions about motives. Of course shallow is a comparative concept so you might quite justifiably consider yourself deeper than most, but between me and you it's like comparing an ocean to a pool, though I'll grant you that it's not of the kiddie variety.

And would you mind quoting that recent evidence to me and explaining what you believe it to show and why? I feel there are multiple lessons on subtlety in this exercise. Possibly for both of us.

And I didn't say the things were beyond your understanding; just that you need to make greater effort. You can be better than you are now. The thing you should expect to find behind the curtain is another curtain. There might be things between the two curtains but expecting anything specific isn't really all that wise.

Terez
01-04-2015, 03:50 AM
That explains a lot.

yks 6nnetu hing
01-05-2015, 01:47 AM
Naz, Unreasoner - pot, kettle in this case.

Seriously, BOTH of you tend to go off on a topic YOU find interesting to the exclusion of whatever else other people might wish to contribute tot he topic.

I wouldn't be surprised if you now proceeded to argue over which one of you is the pot and which is the kettle. Because obviously one is surperior to the other, and it MUST be clear which one it is and why. Yes, that is exactly how single-minded you both seem to me.

also, happy new year. it'll be great.

Nazbaque
01-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Naz, Unreasoner - pot, kettle in this case.

Seriously, BOTH of you tend to go off on a topic YOU find interesting to the exclusion of whatever else other people might wish to contribute tot he topic.

I wouldn't be surprised if you now proceeded to argue over which one of you is the pot and which is the kettle. Because obviously one is surperior to the other, and it MUST be clear which one it is and why. Yes, that is exactly how single-minded you both seem to me.

also, happy new year. it'll be great.

That wasn't the point yks. It isn't wrong to look for people who share or would like to share your interests, but cramming a subject down people's throats and whining when they choke is another thing entirely. I might sometimes cross the line to cramming, but I don't whine about choking and I certainly don't blame it on the victims of my poor social skills.

Besides I find everything interesting so I don't really exclude. Sometimes I concentrate, but I don't exclude.

And I see myself as more of a ladle that stirs what is in the pots and kettles. A wooden one that has been scorched so many times it is now black too.

Daekyras
01-05-2015, 06:18 AM
That explains a lot.

I, too, found that interesting.

The Unreasoner
01-05-2015, 08:46 PM
I should have just stuck with my first instinct, and ignored the opening salvo. Swimming pool...
Naz, do you realize how insulting and condescending you come across as? Do you honestly think I didn't know people can have multiple motives? As for them not being complex...1+i to that.

I will point out again: Sanborn released a new clue the day after I started the thread. 9 years ahead of schedule. With it, over a tenth of the plaintext was available. My natural paranoia took it from there. The solution was imminent! Sanborn was speaking directly to me! Not all that reasonable, but I couldn't shake the feeling. If my resulting zeal annoyed anyone, I am sincerely sorry. Not especially sorry (it's just an effing thread), but entirely sincere.

For the rest, yks (who has a knack for triggering moments of self reflection) takes issue with our 'needling'. So I think I'm done. But if you want the 'evidence', we can make it a condescending learning exercise. I'm thinking of two items in particular, sometime before this post and after your last post in the pryor thread. Approach this period with the depth of mind of a swimming pool; then, you will be enlightened.

Although I still want to know what Belazamon was getting at. I suspect it was just a corny joke, but don't know him well enough to be sure.

Happy new year to you all, too.

P.S: At the risk of starting this up again, me and a few friends are running randomized statistical tests on K4, looking for signatures of cryptosystems. If you have a system you'd like to test for, and a method to do so, we enthusiastically welcome your contributions in advance. If, unlikely though it may be, we actually solve the thing, we will share full credit, whether it was your method or not that ultimately beat the bastard.

Nazbaque
01-05-2015, 09:57 PM
I should have just stuck with my first instinct, and ignored the opening salvo. Swimming pool...
Naz, do you realize how insulting and condescending you come across as? Do you honestly think I didn't know people can have multiple motives? As for them not being complex...1+i to that.
Well I do know that I am insulting, but knowing how insulting would require some sort of cyber telepathic ability. I did it deliberately to manipulate you towards this frame of mind (thanks yks). Now do you honestly think there is no one in this world who actually is wiser than you are? That you are as good as it gets? A lot of people believe that of themselves. Do you?
I will point out again: Sanborn released a new clue the day after I started the thread. 9 years ahead of schedule. With it, over a tenth of the plaintext was available. My natural paranoia took it from there. The solution was imminent! Sanborn was speaking directly to me! Not all that reasonable, but I couldn't shake the feeling. If my resulting zeal annoyed anyone, I am sincerely sorry. Not especially sorry (it's just an effing thread), but entirely sincere.
So why did you just drop in to this thread to whine about our messing about instead of paying attention to your personal obsession? That was your first post to someone's "I'm back" thread. Hi-jacking welcome threads is pretty much traditional, but you didn't offer bela any kind of greeting first.
For the rest, yks (who has a knack for triggering moments of self reflection) takes issue with our 'needling'. So I think I'm done. But if you want the 'evidence', we can make it a condescending learning exercise. I'm thinking of two items in particular, sometime before this post and after your last post in the pryor thread. Approach this period with the depth of mind of a swimming pool; then, you will be enlightened.
That's about 150 posts. There's a lot of bad attempts at humor as well as really cynical comments there. I am not quite bored enough to look for what rubbed you the wrong way out of that many potential candidates. Are you afraid to tell me specifically what you took exception to?

Terez
01-05-2015, 10:55 PM
I'm not entirely convinced at this point that Unreasoner isn't Naz's sock puppet.

The Unreasoner
01-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Nazbaque,
1. Of course I don't think I am the wisest person in the world. Or the most intelligent. You may be more wise and intelligent than I am. I don't expect it, but neither do I expect the opposite. But I do expect that the margin either way is not excessively large. Yet you cosistently construct your posts in a manner that connotes an extreme superiority of intellectual position that I am not sure you possess. Whereas I typically assume most of the posters here (with one notable exception in Southpaw) are of a comparable level of intelligence, and even when I abandon 'civility', I maintain a modicum of respect.

2. Because it was an I'm back thread. Perhaps Belazamon would be interested. But it was far from shoving it down his throat. I didn't even name it. I just sarcastically mocked what could be seen as 'wasted energy posts' and offered a description of an alternative. If Belazamon was interested, he could ask about it and I would tell him more. If not, then; the post wouldn't harm anyone (or so I thought).

And I think you misunderstand my feelings toward the apathy. I've had a few threads that I was pretty excited about that died quickly anyway. I've made a habit of not getting annoyed or upset when my enthusiasm for something isn't as contagious as I might hope. I do occasionally feel surprise at the fact, however; and even express those feelings on occasion. While I wouldn't characterize it as whining, you are free do what you wish.

3. I actually think this little learning exercise is better formulated than your 'insult him and hope Yks posts in order to manipulate him into a vaguely defined state of mind', and will yield better results. Possibly because I came up with the lesson plan before executing it. Many baluable life lessons are baked in, like the difference between an inherently flawed post and one that simply rubs someone the wrong way, and how insulting it is to imply otherwise. The difficulty of the test only adds to its value. 'You can be better than you are now.' But you have to want to change, reflect, question, doubt, empathize. I'll tell you when you get it right. Or I can PM the answers to a neutral third party.

Nazbaque
01-06-2015, 01:07 AM
Nazbaque,
1. Of course I don't think I am the wisest person in the world. Or the most intelligent. You may be more wise and intelligent than I am. I don't expect it, but neither do I expect the opposite. But I do expect that the margin either way is not excessively large. Yet you cosistently construct your posts in a manner that connotes an extreme superiority of intellectual position that I am not sure you possess. Whereas I typically assume most of the posters here (with one notable exception in Southpaw) are of a comparable level of intelligence, and even when I abandon 'civility', I maintain a modicum of respect.
What if the margin is indeed very large?
2. Because it was an I'm back thread. Perhaps Belazamon would be interested. But it was far from shoving it down his throat. I didn't even name it. I just sarcastically mocked what could be seen as 'wasted energy posts' and offered a description of an alternative. If Belazamon was interested, he could ask about it and I would tell him more. If not, then; the post wouldn't harm anyone (or so I thought).
Well that is why you should have added a welcome back to bela.
And I think you misunderstand my feelings toward the apathy. I've had a few threads that I was pretty excited about that died quickly anyway. I've made a habit of not getting annoyed or upset when my enthusiasm for something isn't as contagious as I might hope. I do occasionally feel surprise at the fact, however; and even express those feelings on occasion. While I wouldn't characterize it as whining, you are free do what you wish.
So you mistake supression for control. It's only the first thing you have to learn. Then you have to learn how to release the emotion. Then to adjust how much you are letting out. Control means the ability to choose and the more choices you have the better your control.
3. I actually think this little learning exercise is better formulated than your 'insult him and hope Yks posts in order to manipulate him into a vaguely defined state of mind', and will yield better results. Possibly because I came up with the lesson plan before executing it. Many baluable life lessons are baked in, like the difference between an inherently flawed post and one that simply rubs someone the wrong way, and how insulting it is to imply otherwise. The difficulty of the test only adds to its value. 'You can be better than you are now.' But you have to want to change, reflect, question, doubt, empathize. I'll tell you when you get it right. Or I can PM the answers to a neutral third party.
Oh I didn't plan on yks jumping in, I just thanked her for the help unintentional as it was. But it would really be faster for you to just point out the exact posts. Most likely you have failed to pick up on a subtlety. Or it could be that you simply forgot to factor in my insanity.

yks 6nnetu hing
01-06-2015, 01:20 AM
lol, now let me get this straight...

I first have a knack for triggering self-reflection. I'll take that as a compliment, for sure.

Then, I'm somehow involved in Naz manipulating Unreasoner towards a certain set of mind. Also, thanks Naz for confirming you were trolling for a specific response from another poster. I had thought for quite some time now that's what you've been engaging in. May I point out that this sort of behavior is against forum rules and may result in banning?

Thirdly, while I find it annoying that somehow both of you seem to think that I was either manipulating or manipulated into something... Well, I'd still have posted. If we stopped saying what we think simply because there's a chance our thoughts are not entirely our own, well then we might as well just up and die right now.

T, I doubt that. It seems more of a hate/wild all consuming passion sort of repartee. On the one hand I personally don't particularly like personal conflict. On the other hand, this *is* fairly entertaining. Because Unreasoner does have a point, there aren't that many active posters left, and it has been rather boring with Naz cramming extreme logic down everyone's throats. Same as Naz's been accusing Unreasoner of, so... you know, another layer of amusement there.

Nazbaque
01-06-2015, 01:46 AM
I don't believe you were manipulated in any way yks. I consider that a pure coincidence that just happened to help my evil plans along.

And it was the logic you meant? I thought you meant the hentai manga. I didn't think that was too much cramming down ... okay this is turning into inuendo now. But anyway did you read it like I dared you to?

The Unreasoner
01-06-2015, 05:04 PM
What if the margin is indeed very large?
Well, then it's nice to know that you will be keeping Southpaw company. Having true peers is important.

Well that is why you should have added a welcome back to bela.
I guess when your boat sinks, you'll settle for driftwood. In any case: Hi Belazamon. Welcome back.

So you mistake supression for control. It's only the first thing you have to learn. Then you have to learn how to release the emotion. Then to adjust how much you are letting out. Control means the ability to choose and the more choices you have the better your control.
Who's talking about suppression? Someone as reactive as you might assume that something needs to be suppressed to reach the outcome I described, but you would be wrong. Not getting annoyed is different than suppressing annoyance.

Oh I didn't plan on yks jumping in, I just thanked her for the help unintentional as it was.
I know yks wasn't trying to manipulate me, and wasn't manipulated by you. My point was that it is ridiculous for you to try and claim that whatever effects she had were really part of your plan all along. I think you're just throwing insults, and trying to put a better face on it after the fact. The truth is, without yks, you could have followed your course forever without achieving the effect you claim to have been after. So, either you did plan on yks jumping in when and how she did (which is absurd), or you're full of shit.

But it would really be faster for you to just point out the exact posts. Most likely you have failed to pick up on a subtlety. Or it could be that you simply forgot to factor in my insanity.
It would indeed be faster. But then you wouldn't learn anything. And your every post only further illustrates how much you need to learn.

Nazbaque
01-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Well, then it's nice to know that you will be keeping Southpaw company. Having true peers is important.
Well it could be that southpaw is that much smarter than you but he won't reach quite my level.
I guess when your boat sinks, you'll settle for driftwood. In any case: Hi Belazamon. Welcome back.
Nah you swim and bite the sharks.
Who's talking about suppression? Someone as reactive as you might assume that something needs to be suppressed to reach the outcome I described, but you would be wrong. Not getting annoyed is different than suppressing annoyance.
So what you're saying is that you had no emotion to act on in the first place. Well aren't we pure now. Good by never being tempted to do evil. Or you are in real denial about being bottled up. Classic case of repression.
I know yks wasn't trying to manipulate me, and wasn't manipulated by you. My point was that it is ridiculous for you to try and claim that whatever effects she had were really part of your plan all along. I think you're just throwing insults, and trying to put a better face on it after the fact. The truth is, without yks, you could have followed your course forever without achieving the effect you claim to have been after. So, either you did plan on yks jumping in when and how she did (which is absurd), or you're full of shit.
I don't believe you were manipulated in any way yks. I consider that a pure coincidence that just happened to help my evil plans along.

And it was the logic you meant? I thought you meant the hentai manga. I didn't think that was too much cramming down ... okay this is turning into inuendo now. But anyway did you read it like I dared you to?
Next time read more replies. And here we once more see that confusion with acts and results leading to flawed deductions on motives.
It would indeed be faster. But then you wouldn't learn anything. And your every post only further illustrates how much you need to learn.
Oh there is a lot I need to learn, maybe even from you, but are in no position to plan lessons for me.

And damn this feels good. Been too long since I had a good mindfuck.

The Unreasoner
01-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Next time read more replies. And here we once more see that confusion with acts and results leading to flawed deductions on motives.

Actually we see you once again not understanding what you reply to.

This:

is not a valid response to this:
But my reply does take into account yours, because I did read it. I am not responsible for your lack of reading comprehension skills, and you getting condescending about things you don't understand doesn't really point to some deep well of intellectual resources. And yet you are claiming some immense advantage over me? Unlike you, I don't put much faith in IQ tests; but I have been tested, and the number isn't low. While a number is all I think it is, it conveniently follows a normal distribution. Which means I can calculate the odds of you being at least one sigma above me. And there are thousands of people who are. But there aren't tens of thousands. So are you as much smarter as you claim? It's still possible, especially when you consider the weaknesses of using IQ as a metric.

But in the end, all I see from you are claims of superior intelligence, not exercised intelligence. And if claims are all you have, it's time to abandon the pitiful charade, because it isn't funny any more. If you can back them up, it's time to start. And there are worse ways to do that than finding the other two posts I have in mind.

Nazbaque
01-06-2015, 08:21 PM
You really don't have a mind for subtleties do you? It's why you are so bad at logic.

Firstly I don't believe that IQ tests are reliable. You are assuming that I do based on my interests in seeing how well a political system based on them would work. And if you went back and read those posts properly you would see that your assumption is based either on your own lack in reading comprehenssion or your poor grasp on logic.

Secondly you think that I at some point claimed to manipulate yks into posting what she did. I only thanked her for the result it had and claimed to be after that result. You are the one failing to grasp this concept. You can call it a poor plan on my part but I was curious to see if my approach would have the desired effect. In any case I already told you my main motive: I was bored.

Thirdly I really should have said wise instead of smart. Sorry about that. Intelligence is only a catalyst and as such its value is based on what it is used for. First one gains knowledge and then one seeks to understand it. It becomes wisdom, if and when one succeeds. It is your lack of understanding that puts you below me and makes you unfit to be my teacher.

And fourthly as a side note: If anyone ever wrote a yaoi fiction on us you would so be a tsundere uke.

The Unreasoner
01-06-2015, 11:40 PM
I'm no longer sure you know what 'subtle' means. Anyway:

Firstly, I think you are missing my point.

Secondly, I do not think that you claimed to manipulate yks at somd point. My meaning is pretty clear here, but you still missed it,

Thirdly, wisdom or intelligence, I'm not seeing it.

Fourthly, I do not know what that is. I don't think it's complimentary. I know I don't care.

And finally:
I'm done. Arguing with you is like arguing with Southpaw, except Southpaw is actually less insulting. Reading his most recent thread, I could almost pity him. He doesn't know any better. But I think you do, and you are bitter/defensive/reactionary/insulting anyway. You're not taking responsibility for anything, like Southpaw. Your arguments are ridiculous, like Southpaw's. And when you screw up, you either retroactively give your actions some convoluted reasoning or simply say I missed the subtleties and justify nothing at all. So yeah, I'm done.

I would have continued in spite of all of that, but now you are (willfully or otherwise) consistently misreading or misinterpreting my posts. And it doesn't help that you're tone-deaf. And if my posts aren't getting through, why send them?

Feel free to get the last word in. Though if it's just more insulting crap, it had better be new material.

GonzoTheGreat
01-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Bela, as you no doubt remember, this sort of thing never ever happened when we were newly arrived on this board.

Nazbaque
01-07-2015, 05:40 AM
I'm no longer sure you know what 'subtle' means. Anyway:

Firstly, I think you are missing my point.

Secondly, I do not think that you claimed to manipulate yks at somd point. My meaning is pretty clear here, but you still missed it,

Thirdly, wisdom or intelligence, I'm not seeing it.

Fourthly, I do not know what that is. I don't think it's complimentary. I know I don't care.

And finally:
I'm done. Arguing with you is like arguing with Southpaw, except Southpaw is actually less insulting. Reading his most recent thread, I could almost pity him. He doesn't know any better. But I think you do, and you are bitter/defensive/reactionary/insulting anyway. You're not taking responsibility for anything, like Southpaw. Your arguments are ridiculous, like Southpaw's. And when you screw up, you either retroactively give your actions some convoluted reasoning or simply say I missed the subtleties and justify nothing at all. So yeah, I'm done.

I would have continued in spite of all of that, but now you are (willfully or otherwise) consistently misreading or misinterpreting my posts. And it doesn't help that you're tone-deaf. And if my posts aren't getting through, why send them?

Feel free to get the last word in. Though if it's just more insulting crap, it had better be new material.

And this is what I call whining before turning tail and running. You have a point that I'm missing? Spell it out and see if you're just plain wrong. You think I'm full of shit? Well ironically I just dumped a huge load before sitting down to write this, but even going by what the expression means in a less literal sense: I did not lie at any point. I really did set out to play mind games out of boredom. And southpaw, southpaw, southpaw... That's the start and finish of everything for you. Learn about emotional control Unreasoner and stop assuming so much.

As for the joke based in Japanese anime/manga culture: yaoi would best translate to romance between men and in such depictions of homosexual relationships 'seme' is the dominant part and the other is 'uke'. Now I don't think real life homosexuals of either gender are like that or at least not all of them, but this is a popular stereotype. Tsundere is a name for a plot formula in which hate turns to love and also a term for characters undergoing this change. Or it originally meant that. Now the most common form of a tsundere character is a person who gets embarassed and annoyed by their affection for another and mask it with offensive and sometimes violent behaviour. 'Tsuntsun' is the expression of strong hate and 'deredere' is the other end of extreme affection. So 'tsundere' for going from the former to the latter. A classic line in a tsundere moment is "It's not that I like you or anything". Now your "I know I don't care" could very easily be twisted into a tsundere comment with the appropriate bodylanguage of fidgeting and/or blushing. Pretty ironic that you said that, isn't it?

Daekyras
01-07-2015, 07:20 AM
And this is what I call whining before turning tail and running. You have a point that I'm missing? Spell it out and see if you're just plain wrong. You think I'm full of shit? Well ironically I just dumped a huge load before sitting down to write this, but even going by what the expression means in a less literal sense: I did not lie at any point. I really did set out to play mind games out of boredom. And southpaw, southpaw, southpaw... That's the start and finish of everything for you. Learn about emotional control Unreasoner and stop assuming so much.

As for the joke based in Japanese anime/manga culture: yaoi would best translate to romance between men and in such depictions of homosexual relationships 'seme' is the dominant part and the other is 'uke'. Now I don't think real life homosexuals of either gender are like that or at least not all of them, but this is a popular stereotype. Tsundere is a name for a plot formula in which hate turns to love and also a term for characters undergoing this change. Or it originally meant that. Now the most common form of a tsundere character is a person who gets embarassed and annoyed by their affection for another and mask it with offensive and sometimes violent behaviour. 'Tsuntsun' is the expression of strong hate and 'deredere' is the other end of extreme affection. So 'tsundere' for going from the former to the latter. A classic line in a tsundere moment is "It's not that I like you or anything". Now your "I know I don't care" could very easily be twisted into a tsundere comment with the appropriate bodylanguage of fidgeting and/or blushing. Pretty ironic that you said that, isn't it?

Today on sesame street...

Terez
01-07-2015, 07:37 AM
That stereotype of gender roles is more common among gay men, I think. It becomes less common as we begin to understand the fallacy from a sociological perspective, but there will probably always be androgynous gay people for whom constructed gender roles seem natural.

Nazbaque
01-07-2015, 08:01 AM
That stereotype of gender roles is more common among gay men, I think. It becomes less common as we begin to understand the fallacy from a sociological perspective, but there will probably always be androgynous gay people for whom constructed gender roles seem natural.
I think there is something in this, but I prefer approaching it from the direction that all relationships are between two individual people and only they can truly understand their relationship. Everyone else are just guessing and never get it completely right.

Just in case someone misunderstood me (I don't think anyone did and I know terez didn't, but...): The joke was about the form of a popular story stereotype, not reality.

GonzoTheGreat
01-07-2015, 08:07 AM
I think there is something in this, but I prefer approaching it from the direction that all relationships are between two individual people and only they can truly understand their relationship.
That is a very limited view. Some relationships involve more than two people. Of course, applying this specific stereotype to such relationships would be non-trivial, but that isn't my problem.

Nazbaque
01-07-2015, 08:42 AM
That is a very limited view. Some relationships involve more than two people. Of course, applying this specific stereotype to such relationships would be non-trivial, but that isn't my problem.

I look at such relationships as collections of two people relationships. Three people would form three relationships, four form six, five form ten, six form fifteen and so on.

GonzoTheGreat
01-07-2015, 08:53 AM
I look at such relationships as collections of two people relationships. Three people would form three relationships, four form six, five form ten, six form fifteen and so on.
Me, I don't think all people are as simple as that. I could be misoverestimating humanity, of course.

Nazbaque
01-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Me, I don't think all people are as simple as that. I could be misoverestimating humanity, of course.

Oh it's not simple at all. It's extremely complex. You see while you can look at it as multiple relationships they aren't completely separate as each person is influenced by all of their relationships and some of that carries over to each individual relationship. The relationships are between two people, but both of them are already so complex in themselves that any simplicity one might perceive in their relationship is merely an illusion.

The Unreasoner
01-08-2015, 09:46 PM
Running away with my tail between my legs isn't quite what I would call it. Perhaps flying above to survey the damage, out of harm's way. But I'm still here, still listening. If you have something to say, that is. As for defending my own points: you're not listening. Why bother?

Maybe you were playing a game. I may have been screwing with you (though you walked right into that last one. I pull a Southpaw, you pull your own strings, blind to the irony). But if you were playing a game, you're no good at it. Maybe start with checkers. You're too emotionally involved, too easily diverted for the game you claim to play. Especially since I can just fly away, and ignore your clumsy trolling.

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 04:02 AM
Running away with my tail between my legs isn't quite what I would call it. Perhaps flying above to survey the damage, out of harm's way. But I'm still here, still listening. If you have something to say, that is. As for defending my own points: you're not listening. Why bother?

Maybe you were playing a game. I may have been screwing with you (though you walked right into that last one. I pull a Southpaw, you pull your own strings, blind to the irony). But if you were playing a game, you're no good at it. Maybe start with checkers. You're too emotionally involved, too easily diverted for the game you claim to play. Especially since I can just fly away, and ignore your clumsy trolling.

And now he comes back for more. Of course I'm emotionally involved. The whole point of games is to amuse and excite. And since you don't know the rules you aren't in a position to say how well I play.

Another tsundere pattern is getting angry, marching away in a huff and then coming back to continue.

*hugs Unreasoner*

You don't have to pretend. Just admit that you love me!

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 05:21 AM
If you have something to say, that is.
I guess not...

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 05:45 AM
I guess not...

I just did, but even though you were listening you weren't thinking.

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Sorry. I guess when every single post is some trivial variation of 'I'm so random. Also sooper subtle and complex!!!!', they kind of blend together.

I'll be more specific: do you have anything original to say (ie, not lazily derivative or reactive and conditional)? You know, a position that can bedefended? Because if you don't, and since you aren't hearing mine...what the hell are we doing here?

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Yes you want me to have a position you can attack. Why is that?

GonzoTheGreat
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
What good are you otherwise?

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 10:55 AM
What good are you otherwise?

Hmmm feels kinda like a relationship where the partner is only interested in sex.

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 12:10 PM

Why did you ask the same of me?

As for a reason, why not? Are you afraid you won't be able to?

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Why did you ask the same of me?

As for a reason, why not? Are you afraid you won't be able to?

So you don't know.

And won't be able to what?

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 01:26 PM
Don't know ...or didn't say.

And won't be able to make an original, defendible post. Your derivative, reactionary, even parasitic posting style is analagous to the behavior that makes Congress so despised.

Just look at your last post: insipid, diverting, pointless. Not to mention inconsistent.

If your afraid I'll attack it, I won't. Like I said, I just want to see if you actually have anything to say. Make a worthwhile post, with some original thought. Not derivative bullshit. The fact that I needed this many posts to explain what I want doesn't bode well for you, but 'all of human wisdom is contained in the words "wait" and "hope"!'

Now, I go back to circling, waiting and hoping. If you cannot do it, or cannot comprehend the concept I have described, I suppose I'll fly on. Otherwise...

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Well the fact that you define what you want to hear as something 'original' in itself points to certain flaws in your thinking. Firstly just because someone thought it first doesn't mean that others only came across an idea by reading his work. Secondly what really is important is understanding so even if I'm not original I'm better than you who doesn't understand the concept in question. Thirdly by valuing originality you are judging a thought by something that has nothing to do with its context which is pretty much the same as judging a book by the cover or a person by their skin, i.e. shallow.

I'll say it again: you have a poor grasp on subtleties, which is why you are bad at logic.

Also you are too fixed on the idea that in order to win someone must lose, which is why you are so easy to play. All I want is fun and that doesn't depend on you losing.

Oh and you've ignored the posibility that you aren't good at expressing your thoughts as a reason for needing so many posts.

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
So you cannot, or at least will not. The same rehashed, derivative song as before.

Remember, I gave no reasons for my request. Nor did I say what weight I attached to it. I merely wanted to see if you could, and the parasitic engine just regurgitated my words back to me, with the same claims of subtlety tossed in. Well, Egwene thought she was subtle too, and as loudly as you. And frankly, methinks thou dost protest too much.

Also, who said anything about winning and losing? You're the one playing a game (allegedly). I'm merely conducting an experiment. Results are results, there are no winners from my point of view. But there do seem to be in yours, as the oddly defensive 'I'm better than you' suggests. For someone so aware of the value of understanding, you understand very little of what I'm doing. And irrationally, bases an argument on said lack of understanding. Your indictment of originality clearly is missing the point I was making. Someone coming up with an idea independently of an earlier thinker eally isn't relevant to the context.

And perhaps I am bad at expressing my ideas. Why you assume I've ignored the possibility seems illogical, all the more so because it's false. Maybe I was too subtle for you to pick up what I'm driving at. Maybe my command of the English language is lacking. But the elephant in this particular room is this: maybe you are willfully misinterpreting me for any of a number of reasons. Since you are currently the only element in the set, it would be unwise to draw any sort of conclusion with respect to my communication skills. It is just as valid (iow, not valid at all) to say that you willfully misinterpreted me just to attack my communication skills.

But, the experiments are done, the results are consistent, and you seem to be detemined to keep this thread in a state of self-cannibalization. My circling is done. I may be tempted to post a correction in this thread if it proves necessary, but otherwise I'm done here (again). And I can't imagine that this is still fun to you.

But I do enjoy fun. Why not start a thread about some topic you find interesting? After all, this whole mess started when you objected to me doing so. While I don't remember forcing you to read it at gunpoint, I got pretty drunk on New Year's Eve, so anything's possible. Why not show me the proper way to conduct a pet interest thread. Cuisine, fashion, mathematics, DIY...whatever you want. Even that uke thing. I promise that if I find it even moderately interesting, I will sincerely and enthusiastically participate. And if I get too enthusiastic, just tell me to dial it back a bit.

Because I will say again: there aren't many posters left. Why continue to antagonize one another? Our points will sound just as good to us unposted, and it isn't like everyone else is hanging onto our every word. Why not gracefully exit, stage right?

Terez
01-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Because you don't have the self-control, apparently. You've said "I'm done" twice now, yet here you are.

The Unreasoner
01-09-2015, 05:54 PM
It isn't in me to leave blatant misrepresentations of my position uncorrected. And curiosity got the better of me.

Nazbaque
01-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Because you don't have the self-control, apparently. You've said "I'm done" twice now, yet here you are.

He is a tsundere. I was wondering when he would bring up southpaw again, but maybe I've managed to usurp the position of ... well whatever he is to unreasoner. When he next gets into an argument with someone he'll refer to me and probably as 'nazbaque' instead of 'naz'.

Terez
01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
He is a tsundere.
You got me thinking about this concept while I was reading GNR autobiographies, and now I want to ship Slash/Axl.

Nazbaque
01-10-2015, 12:24 PM
You got me thinking about this concept while I was reading GNR autobiographies, and now I want to ship Slash/Axl.

I don't really read biographies so which one is the tsundere?

Terez
01-10-2015, 02:16 PM
The slash tells you all you need to know.

Nazbaque
01-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Okay looked some stuff up. So either Axl is a tsundere or Slash is a yandere.

Terez
01-10-2015, 06:37 PM
You decide.
http://spb.fotolog.com/photo/11/35/80/gunnerlt/1296082802728_f.jpg
https://timbrosnan.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/slash-slash-30844289-1000-1576.jpg

yks 6nnetu hing
01-13-2015, 02:40 AM
we're still on this?

also... Naz, it's like you think this love/hate thing is unique to contemporary Japanese culture.... may I point out the quote "the lady doth protest too much" (iirc from "The Taming of the Shrew") by Shakespeare. from four fricking centuries ago.

also also, he who says it is it.

neener, neener. are we at a pre-school level of juvenile insults yet?

GonzoTheGreat
01-13-2015, 03:52 AM
With somebody quoting Shakespeare?
There's more between sophistication and sophistry than is dreamed of in your insult education.

yks 6nnetu hing
01-13-2015, 03:55 AM
With somebody quoting Shakespeare?
There's more between sophistication and sophistry than is dreamed of in your insult education.

I was a very precocious child. In fact, nobody knows how I learned to read.

GonzoTheGreat
01-13-2015, 04:12 AM
Eh-oh! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletubbies_say_"Eh-oh!").

Daekyras
01-13-2015, 06:06 AM

unfortunately Yks, you never actually learned to read. People have been humouring you all these years...

yks 6nnetu hing
01-13-2015, 06:35 AM
unfortunately Yks, you never actually learned to read. People have been humouring you all these years...

ldn;akd Knfíeosl Ijaldhó sllhpadah:rolleyes:

dooils sjhidpa aejdas sodhad?

Daekyras
01-13-2015, 08:24 AM
ldn;akd Knfíeosl Ijaldhó sllhpadah:rolleyes:

dooils sjhidpa aejdas sodhad?

Exactly, precedent has shown that the premier of a country shouldn't always show up to these events.

I had forgotten that president Clinton did not attend the march for victims of the Omagh Bombing(29 died, all civilian) despite his inherent and deep links to the peace process.

How insightful of you Yks, and a great way to bring us back on topic, even though that was a different topic. :)

P.S nearly 1000 posts!!!

yks 6nnetu hing
01-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Exactly, precedent has shown that the premier of a country shouldn't always show up to these events.

I had forgotten that president Clinton did not attend the march for victims of the Omagh Bombing(29 died, all civilian) despite his inherent and deep links to the peace process.

How insightful of you Yks, and a great way to bring us back on topic. :)

P.S nearly 1000 posts!!!

ooh... ooh... party time?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__7s9GUTM-oY/TUT0mzOg-yI/AAAAAAAAW_8/gCarvTioMs8/s1600/1000th%2Bpost.JPG

Nazbaque
01-13-2015, 08:29 AM
we're still on this?

also... Naz, it's like you think this love/hate thing is unique to contemporary Japanese culture.... may I point out the quote "the lady doth protest too much" (iirc from "The Taming of the Shrew") by Shakespeare. from four fricking centuries ago.

also also, he who says it is it.

Oh it's not unique, but having a word for it almost is. But Shakespeare was a total newbie compared to the Japanese as Genji Monogatari was written in the 11th century. A whole fricking millenium ago. So there!

Daekyras
04-13-2015, 05:35 AM
ooh... ooh... party time?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__7s9GUTM-oY/TUT0mzOg-yI/AAAAAAAAW_8/gCarvTioMs8/s1600/1000th%2Bpost.JPG

I literally just saw this now- How does that picture represent a party Yks???

GonzoTheGreat
04-13-2015, 06:16 AM
I literally just saw this now- How does that picture represent a party Yks???
Four score and some more years ago, someone in Boston invented the party. Since then, uncultured people have been experimenting with parties without tea as well, but those experiments usually did not amount to much. It is probably no coincidence that the biggest party of all (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_of_China) is from the country where tea was invented.