PDA

View Full Version : Re-re-reading through the series:

Rand al'Fain
01-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Took a little break from WOT to catch up/refresh on other series (LOTR, Hobbit, and Temeraire) but now doing another read through of WOT. Which brings me to my main point.

I would have loved to have known Moraine's thoughts when she first sees Rand among the people of the Two Rivers. As Thom pointed out, Rand stands out quite a bit amongst them (his height, hair color, and eye color). And Moiraine, being well versed in history and such, obviously knows about the Two Rivers history and possibly how isolated they are from the rest of the world. So seeing Rand would have been like seeing an elephant in a herd of sheep, so to speak. And although we know even she can keep a straight face at the most precarious of times, her internal monologue is different, at least in the prequel A New Spring.

But yeah, it would have been interesting to know Moiraine's thoughts when she saw him.

Daekyras
01-09-2015, 10:33 AM
But yeah, it would have been interesting to know Moiraine's thoughts when she saw him.

Moiraine strode purposefully down the path. The bed in the inn were a comfortable and welcome change after months on the road. She had been delighted to hear Lan express a sigh as he lay down the previous night. Of course, even in this backwater hamlet, he slept with one eye open and a sword near. Insufferable man!

As welcome as the beds were she had work to do and, truthfully, Mistress Al'Vere's hospitality had begun to wear thin. There are only so many curtsies and bobbing of heads one woman can take!

In the road ahead she spied the Aybarra and Cauthon lads she had met yesterday. One as big as a young ogier and slow to talk, the other small and fast and quick of response. Either could be her boy, either could prove most troublesome.

The boys did not spot her as they were engrossed in the story a third boy was telling. He was hunkered over and whispering and hard to make out. When he stood up she had to suppress a most unladylike utterance.

"Fucking ginger" she thought inwardly, "can't even escape them here"

Rand al'Fain
01-11-2015, 02:34 AM
LMFAO!