Just ask daishan1981,

Today she turns thirty,
perhaps she'll become more flirty,
Wait, I've been told she is hitched,
foiled again, aint life a bit...

:)

Nazbaque
01-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Doesn't like vowels much? If there is a story behind that then I've completely missed it. If it's about her username, then I must point out that y is a vowel in Estonian. And if you didn't know she is Estonian then you have missed a LOT more than I might have.

But anyway happy B-day yks!!

Wow 30. I'll still be 29 for seven and a half months. Did you know that you're a Yang Wood Rat in the Chinese Zodiac? First year of the 60 year cycle.

Edit: Fixed zodiac mistake

Daekyras
01-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Doesn't like vowels much? If there is a story behind that then I've completely missed it. If it's about her username, then I must point out that y is a vowel in Estonian. And if you didn't know she is Estonian then you have missed a LOT more than I might have.

One of my first posts on this board was asking yks how to pronounce her name. (I thought she was a dude, which I have explained to you before!). I also thought she was dutch. She explained it to me.

I also couldn't pronounce Brita. She does not sound like a water filter.

Nazbaque
01-12-2015, 10:19 AM
One of my first posts on this board was asking yks how to pronounce her name. (I thought she was a dude, which I have explained to you before!). I also thought she was dutch. She explained it to me.

I also couldn't pronounce Brita. She does not sound like a water filter.

It does sound vaguely familiar now that you mentioned it. How many years ago was it?

GonzoTheGreat
01-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Then again, y is a vowel in Dutch too, so the confusion is entirely understandable.

As an aside, traditionally it is the Welsh who are thought to have a dislike (or ignorance) of vowels. This is probably caused in part by the fact that in Welsh the w is a vowel too. What that means for the pronounciation of "Welsh" I'll leave as an exercise for the readers.

Terez
01-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Um, and sometimes y? It's not exactly a foreign concept.

Happy birthday yks!

The Unreasoner
01-12-2015, 03:08 PM
6 is not a vowel anywhere. I too thought yks had a problem with vowels, but she corrected me a while ago.

Happy birthday, in any case.

Davian93
01-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/birthday-cake-heart-shaped-candle-letter-y-34551340.jpg

Nazbaque
01-12-2015, 07:58 PM
6 is not a vowel anywhere. I too thought yks had a problem with vowels, but she corrected me a while ago.

Happy birthday, in any case.

Well here it represents a letter that is bloody hard to type which just happens to be a vowel.

The Unreasoner
01-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Well here it represents a letter that is bloody hard to type which just happens to be a vowel.

Yes. As I said, yks explained to me awhile back.

yks 6nnetu hing
01-13-2015, 03:28 AM
thank you all, it was a good day :) Dai and I took a long weekend and went to France - timing was not excellent, what with Charlie Hebdo but somewhat thankfully we didn't go to Paris. So it was still very nice. Good food, good wine, good company :)

thanks Daek, for my lovely poem :D

Naz, I did know that. I'm a Capricorn-Rat, which are supposedly respectively the most diligent money and work oriented signs. Gonna be rich like Scrooge, and as sociable, if you believe in that sort of thing :P

Terez
01-13-2015, 10:57 AM
Do you and Dai speak French?

Sarevok
01-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Happy birthday, Yks! :)

DahLliA
01-16-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm fashionably late as usual.

Happy belated birthday!