PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Tonight!!!

Hopper
09-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Who'll be watching? :D

Cary Sedai
09-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I will! :D

With my sweetheart, and some popcorn and chocolate and rootbeer (in a glass bottle).

RogueSavior
09-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Please... I'm not available to work monday evenings for a reason. And Football is number 2.

irerancincpkc
09-22-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't wait! Other than Chuck, Heroes is my favorite show and tonight should be awesome! :D

Anaiya Sedai
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I wants :(

Sinistrum
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm torn between Heroes, Terminator and Monday Night Football. UGH! Stoopid networks scheduling my favorite shows against each other.

Hopper
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Now that I have ATT UVerse I can record up to 4 different shows. I am so disgustingly spoiled now.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
I <3 DVRs.

ShadowbaneX
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
this is where PVRs/Tivos are great. Watch one, record the other.

Sarevok
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll be watching tomorrow night :) (I hope)

Birgitte
09-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Sighs... I love Heroes. I hope Peter kicks some ass.... It's just so cool to watch.

Please... I'm not available to work monday evenings for a reason. And Football is number 2.

:eek: :eek: :eek: ~faints~

Anaiya Sedai
09-22-2008, 05:03 PM
I'll be watching tomorrow night :) (I hope)

:eek: how? :eek:

Nazbaque
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Torrent. The hope of intercontinental fans.

DeiwosTheSkyGod
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I think I might pick up this show tonight...

Zaela Sedai
09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Whaching the Countdown with the hubby now!!!!!!!!!!!!

RogueSavior
09-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Wow.

*CAUTION SPOILERS* *YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*

*SERIOUSLY. SPOILERS AHEAD*

*IF YOU READ PAST THIS POINT, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!"

Future Peter is outstandingly bad-ass, but still just as stupid as Peter has always been. You may be nigh-allpowerful, Pete, but you can't fix everything!
Now, barring alter-future cutscenes, we'll never learn how Peter gets his scar.

I was incredibly surprised that Trish(? I remember Trish) wasn't Nikki. She really IS an ice queen, though, I thought she was just hiding her identity to protect Micah.

Born again Nathan is interesting, and crazy. Though now Elle is obviously going to join up with a good guy - probably Peter/Jessie, and take down some villain schlubs.

And - a giant battle is in the future, this much is clear. Thank you, mama Petrelli, for revealing your power.

Sylar v. Peter needs to happen again, soon. Too invincible multi-powered 'Angels' throwing down? Though it seems future Peter's going to have to be the one to do it.

Sinistrum
09-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Can anyone explain to me what the heck Sylar did to Claire when he had her head open? I had the TV on mute since one of my friends just had to call and bug me about hurricane stuff at that precise moment.

And I'm not sure Niki and Tracy are different people. A. I'd lay odds that the formula Mohinder used on himself is closely related to the one that Hiro's dad had locked in the safe which would explain the power alteration. B. The Company still has the Haitian as an asset so she could have been mind humped by them, doped up with the formula, and then planted some place else for one of their nefarious schemes.

And everything about Nathan is creeping me out. Between going religious zealot (can you say holy war anybody?) and seeing visions of Linderman there is enough creep out factor there for several horror flicks.

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 05:57 AM
One, it was awesome. :D

Two, we are left with a lot of questions. So many that I can't list them here. :D

Sini, Sylar told Claire that she was different, that she can't be killed even if he wanted to. He scrounged his hand around in her brain until he found something, and that gave him the ability to heal, and took away Claire's feelings, meaning she can no longer feel pain.

I thought the second episode was funny. Parkman and the turtle? :D

I didn't think the second season was a letdown like a lot of people did, but it looks like there will be nothing to complain about with the third. I mean, from the previews, it looks like HRG and Sylar will hook up. How awesome would that be? :D

EDIT: Oh, and Sylar is a Petrelli? Didn't see that coming... he did have the best line of the night though. Claire asked him if he was going to eat her brain, and he goes "Claire, that's disgusting." :D

Verin Mathwin
09-23-2008, 07:29 AM
It was great! I love Sylar, and I am so glad he finally got Claire's ability!!

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Future Peter is outstandingly bad-ass, but still just as stupid as Peter has always been. You may be nigh-allpowerful, Pete, but you can't fix everything!
Now, barring alter-future cutscenes, we'll never learn how Peter gets his scar.

Well, you gotta give your demi-gods SOME weakness, impetuousity is Peter's. And I'm thinking the scar is their version of the goatee in Star Trek. Just a way to differentiate between the two versions. I'm sure the way he gets his scar keeps changing depending on the future him.

Sylar's ability is like Micah's, I think. If Micah were a sociopath, I'm sure he could figure out the biological machine, too.

EDIT: Oh, and Sylar is a Petrelli? Didn't see that coming... he did have the best line of the night though. Claire asked him if he was going to eat her brain, and he goes "Claire, that's disgusting."

Sylar's not necessarily a Petrelli. After all, he's only related to their mother, that we know of. (Which makes Claire related to ALL the current immortals, btw -- since I think Adam is probably her ancestor. And as B pointed out, poor Claire, in the middle of THAT sausage fest.)

Niki and Tracey HAVE to be different people. Unless she actually has the same power as Peter, and each personality manifests a different power, there's no way they could be the same person. Also, it was only a few days from the end of last season and Niki was blown up. Even if she survived, she's gonna be in bad shape till they get her Claire's blood. So, she got out of the blast, tracked down Claire, healed and insinuated herself into the staff of the Governor of New York (Cmdr. Sherridan!) THAT fast? I don't think so. In a show that's made to stretch credulity, that's pushing it. The only way she could have done all that is if, indeed, she actually DOES have Peter's power with a personality for each ability she's absorbed.

So, is Mohinder growing wings?

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 08:53 AM
So, is Mohinder growing wings?
That made me mad. I liked powerless Mohinder. He was someone you could relate to. But now... I think they will just let him have this power long enough to realize that it is a curse, then he will find a way to get rid of it. But what happens to his body in the meantime, well, based on what we saw last night, could be anything.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 08:54 AM
I know, I agree with you. And apparently, Ando's going to get powers, too.

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm not sold that that was really Ando; I was thinking it was Sylar, with Candace's ability. We saw with the nuclear thing when Peter and Sylar went to fight in the future that Peter's was blue and Sylar's red; maybe it's the same with lightening, since it was red? Just a wild guess :D ... but if it was him it doesn't really matter, since that big explosion thing is going to wipe him out.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Well, there was an interview at Scifi.com where the actor says he gets powers. Now, whether he got to read ahead or if he's just guessing because he got the same scene we did, I don't know.

And I don't think the colors mean anything. Elle's lightning is blue, for crying out loud, and she's hardly a "good guy."

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Well if the actor said it, then I'm more than likely wrong. :D

I don't think Elle is bad; I feel sorry for her. And she did kinda capture Sylar, even though she let a dozen other monsters out... :D How cool was that lightening explosion, by the way. :eek:

The one storyline I'm really curious about it Parkman's and that African dude. He knew that Parkman shouldn't be there, so he know's someone screwed it up, and once Parkman talks to him about Peter, they should be able to piece it together. Parkman could be the big hero of the day this volume...

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Parkman's storyline is very interesting. I'm just thinking about Mama Petrelli's dream where his throat was slit. Who's side is Sylar going to eventually be on, anyway?

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I think Sylar is on his own side. If it benefits him to make an alliance with Mama Petrelli, then he will do it. But as soon as it isn't useful to him anymore... we've seen the regard he holds for his (adopted) mother...

vandevere
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Parkman's storyline is very interesting. I'm just thinking about Mama Petrelli's dream where his throat was slit. Who's side is Sylar going to eventually be on, anyway?

With Sylar, there's only one side he's on. And that is Sylar's side. Good and evil are probably just useless labels for him...

Vandevere

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Lovely thing about being a Sociopath. However, he's got mother issues. Definitely Oedipal, our dear Sylar. Will that mean he stays on whatever side Mama Petrelli's on?

vandevere
09-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Lovely thing about being a Sociopath. However, he's got mother issues. Definitely Oedipal, our dear Sylar. Will that mean he stays on whatever side Mama Petrelli's on?

No way to be absolutely certain. After all he did kill the woman he called Mother...

Trying to tame Sylar will be an impossible mission in itself, and I don't quite think Mama P is up to the task...

But pairing Sylar off with Noah Bennet has got to be the craziest notion ever. :O

Partners? They *HATE* each other...

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Mama Petrelli strikes me a capable of a great many things. Manipulating Sylar might be one of them.

Now, who said Sylar and HRG would unite?

vandevere
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Mama Petrelli strikes me a capable of a great many things. Manipulating Sylar might be one of them.

Now, who said Sylar and HRG would unite?

It was strongly suggested in the preview for next week...

Cary Sedai
09-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Who's HRG?

I watched the first and second season on netflix and missed all the discussions on them, so clue me in. :D

As for Tracy, I suppose it is possible she is Niki and each personality had different abilities, or this new ability manifested to save her from the fire. Mohinder did, touch on the whole flight or fight thing. That it's the adrenal gland responsible, not the blood. Niki's adrenaline was way up.

I was really waiting for Sylar to say "I'm not a zombie, Claire", but his line was still pretty good, too! :p

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Horn-Rimmed Glasses. Mr. Bennet's nickname.

As for Tracy, I suppose it is possible she is Niki and each personality had different abilities, or this new ability manifested to save her from the fire.

I like that idea, but for two problems, timing to get her into position for the Governor's aide, two, she had that illness that apparently must suppress the adrenal gland.

Cary Sedai
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah, forgot she was still "sick". No idea, then. And was it just me or did Tracy seem shocked at what she had done? Now wether it was shock because she lost control, or her power just manifested, I've no idea.

I'm so frustrated, I watched the first two season in a matter of weeks, now I have to wait a whole week for the next one!

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Shock because she lost control would be my bet. She did rather callously walk away from the dead guy.

Sodas
09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
or she is a clone.

I can imagine the military creating super-strong female fighters/assassins.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I really hope not. Let's keep our sci-fi sects separate, please.

ShadowbaneX
09-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Niki and Tracey HAVE to be different people. Unless she actually has the same power as Peter, and each personality manifests a different power, there's no way they could be the same person. Also, it was only a few days from the end of last season and Niki was blown up. Even if she survived, she's gonna be in bad shape till they get her Claire's blood. So, she got out of the blast, tracked down Claire, healed and insinuated herself into the staff of the Governor of New York (Cmdr. Sherridan!) THAT fast? I don't think so. In a show that's made to stretch credulity, that's pushing it. The only way she could have done all that is if, indeed, she actually DOES have Peter's power with a personality for each ability she's absorbed.
I don't buy the different personality = different power. If that were the case 'Jessica' would have had different powers, but she appeared to have the same as Niki. Also look at Mohinder's sci-babble. Different bodies, different powers. It's likely to be the actual Jessica. Refresing my memory from the wiki, Nicole (Niki) actually had a sister Jessica who supposedly died back in 1987 and the Jessica personality was just someone that took over when her father got abusive. Since we're just told that Jessica died, in all likelihood Tracy is the real Jessica.

And damn me if this show isn't becoming a soap with superpowers. Long lost twins, people coming back from the dead, people in love with each other turning out to be related...then again, that's pretty much what the comic books are, so I guess Tim Kring is capturing the genre pretty well.

As for Sylar, well, think about it, he's the clockman. He's literally seeing what makes her tick and when he figures that out, he can duplicate it. I wonder, if when opening her up, he accidently set something else in motion, responsible for her lack of pain, or whether that's just something in her own mind that went wrong.

Sylar, yes, he is a sociopath, ie there is not right or wrong, just what he wants to do. If he can be convinced it's best for him, or if he has a maternal figure that accepts him and his abilities, I think he can actually sorta be on Mama Patrelli's side. Also remember her dream. It was her facing off against probably Tracy/Jessica & 3 of the other escapees from Level 5, but Sylar shows up behind her and backs her up.

Sodas
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
That's because its in the genes. You only got a small group of people who can create this adrenaline. They are bound to be somehow related.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Refresing my memory from the wiki, Nicole (Niki) actually had a sister Jessica who supposedly died back in 1987 and the Jessica personality was just someone that took over when her father got abusive. Since we're just told that Jessica died, in all likelihood Tracy is the real Jessica.

That's option "C," which Bryan likes as well. Since I can't figure out how or why they'd have faked Jessica's death... Also, wouldn't Tracey/Jessica remember her sister?

And damn me if this show isn't becoming a soap with superpowers. Long lost twins, people coming back from the dead, people in love with each other turning out to be related...then again, that's pretty much what the comic books are, so I guess Tim Kring is capturing the genre pretty well.

Well it IS written by comic book writers....

Cary Sedai
09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
wait, wait... who's related and in love with each other!?

Oh yeah, and I'm sorry but Claire's birth mother, reallly, really gives me the creeps!

ShadowbaneX
09-23-2008, 11:32 AM
That's because its in the genes. You only got a small group of people who can create this adrenaline. They are bound to be somehow related.

Nah, it's possible to have parallel evolution.

That's option "C," which Bryan likes as well. Since I can't figure out how or why they'd have faked Jessica's death... Also, wouldn't Tracey/Jessica remember her sister?

It's possible that Tracy believes that Niki was killed, or the cliche 'amnesia'. Perhaps her father did try to kill her, or nearly killed her, and she was a foundling Jane Doe and adopted, or taken by the Agency and placed with someone else, or found by Adam, healed and set up somewhere...there are a few possibilities.

wait, wait... who's related and in love with each other!?

I was slightly exaggerating the Claire/Peter scenario, however it wouldn't surprise me if we found out that some people joined at the hip turned out to be closely related, or as Sodas suggests above.

Sodas
09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Nah, it's possible to have parallel evolution.
Yes and no. I think you got the organization testing good-ol Adam to create this formula. And then, just like Mehinder, testing it out on themselves, creating these blood lines of heroes.

It's just a guess really.

I'd also like to point out Nathan's seeing of Linderman. His seeing someone dead is similiar to Nikki's. Or he is gaining new powers...

I've always wondered if Linderman was Nathan's dad...

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Claire is Nathan Petrelli's biological daughter who is Peter's brother. Sylar is apparently another brother or half-brother via their mother, Mama Petrelli, and evidently, Claire's uncle.

Nathan and Niki have the hots for each other and maybe a bit more serious than that. And well, we saw Maya and Mohinder last night.

There's definitely something Luke and Leia-ish about Claire and Peter....

And let's not forget Mama Petrelli's dalliance with Hiro's dad. Which begs the question, is Hiro another brother to Peter and Nathan? Or exactly how well did she know Matt Parkman's father? To borrow a word from Nathan: biblically?

And which of the previous generation is Elle's mom... no idea, I'm hoping it's not Mama Petrelli. Because Peter should have at least ONE hot chick he's not related to.

Sodas
09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
And which of the previous generation is Elle's mom... no idea, I'm hoping it's not Mama Petrelli. Because Peter should have at least ONE hot chick he's not related to.
Prolly dead or missing. I'd suggest looking at gold statues around the world ...

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
LMAO. Hard to give birth as a statue, Sodas.

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
I like Option C. It seems to be the only one that could work... I don't like Tracey though. I was just starting to warm up to Niki; I hope she comes back.

It seems likely that HRG will find out about Sylar's family ties to Claire, and that should be a fun reaction. With all these regular people getting powers, I want HRG to stay powerless. Let's face it; he's sweeter and more powerful than a lot of the people with powers. :D

I'm pretty sure they changed the actress that plays Claire's mother, and the only reason they would do that, I think, is because she will have a larger role, so they wanted a better actress? And why would HRG trust Claire's mother?

ShadowbaneX
09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they changed the actress that plays Claire's mother, and the only reason they would do that, I think, is because she will have a larger role, so they wanted a better actress? And why would HRG trust Claire's mother?

Because they're probably paying her alot of money and she's a frikken' pyro!

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 12:11 PM
No, that was the same actress.

irerancincpkc
09-23-2008, 12:12 PM
No, that was the same actress.
It was? Okay, then. She just looked different to me for some reason... :D

Gilshalos Sedai
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
People do tend to look different when they light themselves on fire.

Cary Sedai
09-23-2008, 12:17 PM
LMAO. Hard to give birth as a statue, Sodas.

Well, Elle's dad could have turned her to a statue after Elle was born. Poor Elle. I like her, insanity and all. :)

Sarevok
09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
I haven't read the thread yet, I'm just posting this when things are fresh in my mind. :)

I've been writing down my thoughts while watching; it's nice to watch with the help of a "pause" button. :D

Peter with a scar...
Anyone remember Hiro saying to Peter on the train: "You look different without the scar."

Hmm, Peter shot Nathan? :|

Peter lets Nathan die, because he knows that if he himself shot him, he probably had a reason for it.
Hmmm... Nathan recovered? How??

Eeek. Sylar!
Wow... he's easily fooled with that candle holder thing (dunno English word :s )
Why did Sylar bother with that cat and mouse game? He could have caught here several times...

Hmm, Maya is also around. Oh... and Mohinder didn't manage to cure her last time?

"There's a big secret in my safe and must never know what it is..." ANYONE would have opened the safe after that...
sounds like some kind of prephecy: "A chosen one among you who carries the purity of blood, the "light" to safeguard agains the darkness."
If noone should even know the secret, why didn't he just burn that envelope?

"But I am on my feet..." LOL

Hmm... Peter from the future has illusion-girl's power?
Nathan wants to "do god's bidding?"
What's this philosofical babling about?
I just realized: if this is Peter from the future, where the real one?

Mohinder sounded like Sylar there: "The exhilaration one must feel to know such power. To feel so special."
Give powers... he's creeping me out.

If Sylar can telekinetically hold her against the wall... why didn't he just rip the door from it's hinges?
Hehe, guess Sylar didn't eat brains?
How the hell did he cut her head off without cutting through her hair?
Hehe, Sylar is probably right: she's not like the others, since Mohinder just deduced that adrenaline is needed to make a power work. Her power doesn't seem to work like that.

Okay... Mohinder's REALLY creeping me out. :|

Linderman... can't say I really surprised, since I also watched the countdown show. In wich, btw, I learned that that actor was also the bad guy in Star Trek: Generations.

Nikki is apparently still alive. Good for Mica :)

Guess we found Mat.

Hiro running of on some mad quest again? Although not technically running, since he's still in the same place...
Hmm, this time it's Tokyo blowing up?

Hehe, I guess Mohinder should have injected himself with that thing while lying down...

Why the hell is Noah in a cell?
If that guy in the cell is Peter, then who has his body?

Hmm, super strenght for Mohinder?

Heroes continues... NOW
That must have been a little surprise when you didn't expect it?

She's not healing?
Well, she doesn't feel anything... But did it heal?
Hmm, guess that's a yes. :)

That wire-and-pictures frame looks familiar.
Who didn't go to Odessa? I'd guess Claire... or maybe her mother?

Did I mention Mohinder is creeping me out?

Yup, the person that didn't go was Claire, and she got het head cut open because of it.

Hmm, new identity for Nikki?

Mr. what's-his-name is dead...
Sylar isn't.
I don't think Noah is dead either.

rofl @ Ando: "Catwoman?" with that look on his face. :D

Oooooookay.... that's NOT Nikki...
Nikki didn'thave freezing powers... Sylar did.

Mohinder is becoming the Hulk?

Hehe, Mat's hearing the turtle's thoughts. Or not...
I was already starting to wonder how a turtple knew anything about the roots of plants.
Hehe, the black guy is a new Isaac?

I'm wondering if Linderman is part of Nathan's imagination... But I somehow doubt it.

Hmm, the guy Noah doesn't want to talk about is the body Peter currently has. Also he appears to have the same power as the guy in the webisodes had, but that was an african-american. I also can't remember that guy's name [edit: just checked: it's a different guy].
Here's the info I could get from the screen:
Murphy, Jesse
Sound Manipulation
Generates destructive waves of sound
(unreadable): none
weight: 195 pounds
sex: Male
either hair or eyes: Brown
nationality: American
complexion: fair
build: Muscular
Caucasian
(Unreadable)
Place of Birth: Las V(unreadable, Vegas?), NV
Height: 6'1"
Last known (unreadable): New York NY
Some other things I can't read.

Hehe, Claire's mom. :)

Hmm, IS Angela Sylar's mother, or is she just playing mind games...

DahLliA
09-23-2008, 04:20 PM
just finished watching the first 2 episodes. and well, I still get that "Must know more" feeling so I guess they're still going good.

getting worried they might add too much powers and chaos though.

and Mohinder turning into spiderman? or venom maybe :p

and yeah. peter still pisses me off. he could kill every single villain in a matter of days if he wanted to, but he's just messing things up more and more. but I guess it would have been a short show if he solved everything in the first episode...