PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Rogue One

rand
03-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Some of you have probably heard this already, but it was revealed (http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii) that the first Disney stand-alone Star Wars movie will be called Star Wars: Rogue One. Personally I think this actually sounds like a cool idea (not that we really know anything beyond the title, though). Originally Disney had mentioned doing stand alones focusing on the back stories of Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Yoda--which would be interesting, but I think a little cheesy too. It would be awesome to have a sort of independent Star Wars movie focusing on the Rogue Squadron of X-wing pilots, though. Not sure if the Rogue Leader ("Rogue One") would be Wedge Antilles from the original trilogy or someone else. I just think the idea is different enough from the other Star Wars films that it has the potential to be pretty cool. But like I said, there's no details really, so it could tie in with the main Star Wars characters more than I'm thinking it will.

Nazbaque
03-16-2015, 03:59 PM
It could be Wedge or it could be Luke. Or they could be making a next-gen story. If it's Luke I'd assume this would be just after the Battle of Yavin, when Rogue Squadron was founded. Otherwise it'd be either a passing on the mantle kind of thing or reviving the old unit.

rand
03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I kind of hope it has nothing to do with Luke (or Han or Leia or anyone). Just a story about X-wing pilots set in the Star Wars universe, but having next to nothing to do with the main series. I think that would be a really cool idea.

Daekyras
03-16-2015, 08:59 PM
I kind of hope it has nothing to do with Luke (or Han or Leia or anyone). Just a story about X-wing pilots set in the Star Wars universe, but having next to nothing to do with the main series. I think that would be a really cool idea.

I think that Felicity Jones is to be the main star of rogue one. This would obviosly focus on a female protagonist.

I think it is going to be completely separate from any existing storyline. And isnt gareth edwards confirmed as director??

Davian93
03-17-2015, 11:10 AM
I think that Felicity Jones is to be the main star of rogue one. This would obviosly focus on a female protagonist.

I think it is going to be completely separate from any existing storyline. And isnt gareth edwards confirmed as director??

The target area is only two meters wide...

You're required to maneuver straight down this trench...

Daekyras
03-17-2015, 11:31 AM
The target area is only two meters wide...

You're required to maneuver straight down this trench...

Lets hope there is no parallel parking??

Nazbaque
03-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Ah yes the innuendo of the Battle of Yavin. It's all about impregnating the Deathstar. Or would the term be "fertilizing"?

GonzoTheGreat
03-17-2015, 11:58 AM
Well, you're bound to get that kind of jokes when your movie title is Rouge One.

ShadowbaneX
03-18-2015, 08:50 PM

I was really hoping Tatiana Maslany was going to get the part.

Daekyras
03-19-2015, 05:03 AM
I was really hoping Tatiana Maslany was going to get the part.

I am not really familiar with her work but am I the only one who thinks that sounds like a wheel of time character name? You know, like Sleet?

ShadowbaneX
03-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Orphan Black. Go watch it. Now. There will be a test later.