PDA

View Full Version : First ever re-read. let's play.

Morelikeunwisewoman
04-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I started my first ever re-read. I was going to do a set of posts on it but I don't think anyone would care. So I was talking to daek and he suggested I play a game.

As I'm reading I am keeping notes. Some of the notes are simply labelled "bloody awesome". I might not use bloody but don't want to swear on the forum.

So I'm going to list the awesome moments in order as they appear in the book and you guys can guess what they are. A point for anyone who gets one right.

I'll give some clues in each book

Book one: the eye of the world. 14 awesomes.

Awesome 1: manetheren (zombie)
Awesome 2: drakhar (me, sorry daek ;))
Awesome 3: moraine creating the fog bank.
Awesome 4
Awesome 5: you are all dead (eht slat mite)
Awesome 6:
Awesome 9: RUN! RUN! RUN! (FDSAF3)
Awesome 10
Awesome 11: ready to fight...ready to die(Hugh the hand)
Awesome 12
Awesome 13: meetings at the eye (gonzothegreat)
Awesome 14: the horn is real

you don't have to say which one is which but if you name an awesome moment that I listed, I'll mark it in right place.

Zombie Sammael
04-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Okay, this sounds like fun. So I'll bite: Moiraine's "Manetheren" speech/story in front of the Emond's Fielders.

eht slat meit
04-06-2015, 10:47 PM
How about.... Lew's Therin's suicide/creation of Dragonmount.

Morelikeunwisewoman
04-07-2015, 03:41 AM
Okay, this sounds like fun. So I'll bite: Moiraine's "Manetheren" speech/story in front of the Emond's Fielders.
First reply gets number one on the list :)

How about.... Lew's Therin's suicide/creation of Dragonmount.
That's great but not awesome worthy.

Updated list:

Awesome 1: manrtheren story(zombie sammael)
Awesome 2
Awesome 3: moraine creating the fog bank.
Awesome 4
Awesome 5
Awesome 6
Awesome 9
Awesome 10
Awesome 11
Awesome 12
Awesome 13
Awesome 14: the horn is real

you don't have to say which one is which but if you name an awesome moment that I listed, I'll mark it in right place.

GonzoTheGreat
04-07-2015, 04:01 AM
The Green Man taking down a Forsaken.

And you might want to consider editing your OP to update the list, instead of having to repeat it each time in your replies. That would probably make it easier for the rest of us to see what has and hasn't been found, yet.
An optional extra would be a list of "not quite awesome in your view" of failed suggestions.
As you may notice, I'm quite willing to volunteer you for doing work. I can be very gracious when it comes to that.

jarno87
04-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Well, so we are looking for an awesome moment between the manetheren story, and the creation of the fog.

Hmm,...

May be Moiraine washing away the fatigue from the horses?

Or is it that Egwene convinces Moiraine to let her join the party?

Daekyras
04-07-2015, 12:32 PM
I am cheating a bit here as unwise mentioned this to me before- the 2nd one is the appearance of the drakhar?

and more importantly- only 11 more awesome bits in book one after the fog? That's harsh!!

fdsaf3
04-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Thom flourishing his daggers and dashing towards the Myrddraal in Whitebridge was pretty awesome for me.

Hugh the Hand
04-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Rand in front of the queen, when the guards all look like they expect to die after seeing his sword.

GonzoTheGreat
04-10-2015, 03:58 AM
Rand managing to impress a princess by imitating Humpty Dumpty.

eht slat meit
04-10-2015, 04:32 AM
Shadowless Mordeth's jack-in-the-box move at Shadar Logoth?

Morelikeunwisewoman
04-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Hey guys,

Some great guesses. I have updated the original post with the correct ones and the poster.

anyone else?

Rand al'Fain
04-10-2015, 10:05 AM
Moirraine going giant at Baerlon?