Tomp
04-16-2015, 03:43 PM
It seems promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Daekyras
04-16-2015, 04:17 PM
It seems promising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Hmmmm. That's the sound of me reserving judgement. Strangely it's also the sound of a suppressed nerdgasm. Hmmmmmmmm.

Frenzy
04-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Strangely it's also the sound of a suppressed nerdgasm. Hmmmmmmmm.

http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/117371179/4349220

Davian93
04-16-2015, 07:11 PM
We'll see. I thought the previews of Crystal Skull looked decent too. And that didn't work out so well. Hopefully an 80 year old Han Solo is more interesting than an 80 year old Indiana Jones was.

Though Lucas isn't involved so at least there's a chance. Granted, its by "visionary" director JJ Abrams...when did he become "visionary" btw?

Kimon
04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Though Lucas isn't involved so at least there's a chance. Granted, its by "visionary" director JJ Abrams...when did he become "visionary" btw?

His first Star Trek movie was okay, but yeah, it's not much of a resume when the best entry is still Felicity.

Mort
04-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Sure it looked kinda good, but I didn't get any OMG NEEDS TO WATCH cravings. Trailer really didn't say much other than it's a star wars movie. Nothing was revealed other than they apparently still have light sabers and something is probably gonna happen. But we knew that already? :)

ShadowbaneX
04-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Sure it looked kinda good, but I didn't get any OMG NEEDS TO WATCH cravings. Trailer really didn't say much other than it's a star wars movie. Nothing was revealed other than they apparently still have light sabers and something is probably gonna happen. But we knew that already? :)
You have no soul.

eht slat meit
04-19-2015, 06:43 PM

Really? As someone who isn't a Star Wars nerd with the depth of lore, I still love the movies, and I noticed some intriguing stuff in there that makes me want to see it. Thoughts:

1. Opening - What with Vader's ruined mask right after, I'll bet that wreckage is the Death Star. Eeeee.
2. Voiceover - Skywalker isn't talking to the viewer. He's talking to somebody's kids, whether it's the bastard product of his union with Leia or some unnamed love interest or Leia and Solo's kids or both or what, it doesn't matter. Kids! This is a second chance for them to do it right without Lucas fucking it up. Eeeee. Note - Lovegasms easily becomes ragefests.
3. Dare I say it - R2Deathstar2? Not really. But still, R2 has all my <3s.
4. Imperials in red? About frickin time. The flag makes me smile. It's what Lucas did right in Jedi and wrong in the Attack of the Clones. Ambiance matters.
5. Katniss Eversolo and Peta Skylar? Meh. These are probably the kids, but I don't have enough to base liking or hating them on yet.
6. Han and Chewie - I'm sure that "home" means the new imperial deck and lounge with Leia sporting her newest hair design, but meh. It's HAN AND CHEWIE. Eeeee. Eeeee. Eww, keys on keyb-

Mort
04-20-2015, 06:25 AM
Really? As someone who isn't a Star Wars nerd with the depth of lore, I still love the movies, and I noticed some intriguing stuff in there that makes me want to see it. Thoughts:

1. Opening - What with Vader's ruined mask right after, I'll bet that wreckage is the Death Star. Eeeee.
2. Voiceover - Skywalker isn't talking to the viewer. He's talking to somebody's kids, whether it's the bastard product of his union with Leia or some unnamed love interest or Leia and Solo's kids or both or what, it doesn't matter. Kids! This is a second chance for them to do it right without Lucas fucking it up. Eeeee. Note - Lovegasms easily becomes ragefests.
3. Dare I say it - R2Deathstar2? Not really. But still, R2 has all my <3s.
4. Imperials in red? About frickin time. The flag makes me smile. It's what Lucas did right in Jedi and wrong in the Attack of the Clones. Ambiance matters.
5. Katniss Eversolo and Peta Skylar? Meh. These are probably the kids, but I don't have enough to base liking or hating them on yet.
6. Han and Chewie - I'm sure that "home" means the new imperial deck and lounge with Leia sporting her newest hair design, but meh. It's HAN AND CHEWIE. Eeeee. Eeeee. Eww, keys on keyb-

1. Ruined mask. Luke saved it as a cautionary tale of how things can turn out? Wreckage, you mean the one right at the start? That's a cruiser. Probably a few of those lying around. And of course they are going to fly into one! Isn't a star wars movie without flying deadly fast in close quarters I guess.

2. Didn't some of the books tell a story about Han and Leias kids becoming a Darth person ? (I guess Evil isn't the PC way ;) ). But wasn't it kinda likely that a kid, the next generation, would be the center of it all?

3. See # 6

4. What time is there for red imperials? What about the flag?

5. The girl is the offspring, the dude is the romantic interest. If it becomes another Anakin and Pandabear drama I'm gonna scream. :)

6. R2D2 and Han & Chewie. This is what I'm talking about. We knew they were gonna appear in the movie, but all it takes is seeing them to blow everyones' collective wad at the same time. Unwarranted, unless you have full on nerd-lust ofc. Which I apparently don't have :(

I'm excited to see a new installment of Star Wars without Lucas taking point, but this teaser only shows us things we come to expect from a Star Wars movie. Which is fine because that's what teasers does, pandering to nerds needing to see another shot of light sabers and fly bys, but it isn't enough to get me excited, just yet.

I'm waiting for a real trailer :)

GonzoTheGreat
04-20-2015, 07:05 AM
5. The girl is the offspring, the dude is the romantic interest. If it becomes another Anakin and Pandabear drama I'm gonna scream. :)
Maybe Jar Jar Binks will return.

Mort
04-20-2015, 07:20 AM

That would be awesome.

Davian93
04-20-2015, 07:43 AM

The entire movie is Jar Jar Binks meets Saw...2+ hrs of Jar Jar being tortured to death in amazingly awful ways.

Maybe he just left the mask on the funeral pyre on Endor and someone retrieves it?

fdsaf3
04-20-2015, 09:35 AM
My reaction to the trailer was "meh". I don't care about masturbatory special effects or forced cameos. I will only watch the new movies if they're compelling stories. We all know that the movies are going to look great - it's not a surprise at this point. But I'm reserving all judgment until I have a sense of what the plot and, most importantly the writing, are like.

Davian93
04-20-2015, 09:51 AM
My reaction to the trailer was "meh". I don't care about masturbatory special effects or forced cameos. I will only watch the new movies if they're compelling stories. We all know that the movies are going to look great - it's not a surprise at this point. But I'm reserving all judgment until I have a sense of what the plot and, most importantly the writing, are like.

The only thing that makes me somewhat excited is that Lawrence Kasdan is one of the main writers and he was the driving force behind Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

And Lucas has been put out to pasture like Roddenberry was after ST:TMP.