PDA

View Full Version : The Hastert Rule...

Davian93
05-29-2015, 10:40 AM
So, he's been indicted on mystery charges relating to an attempted blackmail that has to do with a mysterious "Source A" that Hastert has known all his life from his hometown?

I'm no magician here but $10 says its along the lines of 'ex wrestler that Hastert was molesting/raping/fucking while he was a wrestling coach in HS'. Nothing else really fits the available facts and has the blackmail value to terrify him enough to hand over $3.5 million in hush money over 4 years.

Speaker Hastert Indicted (http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/5/28/former-us-house-speaker-hastert-indicted-on-federal-charges.html)

Irony of ironies, the charges he was indicted on were based on laws he passed as Speaker. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Terez
05-29-2015, 02:46 PM
This is not very different from the Pryor case, where the feds basically had to charge him for something else besides actually molesting boys. In his case, it was transporting them across state lines for sexual purposes.

I'm sure more detail will come out about this soon. Looks like a clear case of the pederasty generation, meaning men with homosexual or bisexual inclinations who came of age before Stonewall.

Hastert has been doing shady things on behalf of Turkey for many years now.

Terez
05-29-2015, 04:07 PM
And now the other shoe has dropped:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/hastert-indictment.html

Davian93
05-29-2015, 08:44 PM
This is not very different from the Pryor case, where the feds basically had to charge him for something else besides actually molesting boys. In his case, it was transporting them across state lines for sexual purposes.

I'm sure more detail will come out about this soon. Looks like a clear case of the pederasty generation, meaning men with homosexual or bisexual inclinations who came of age before Stonewall.

Hastert has been doing shady things on behalf of Turkey for many years now.

To be honest, the Turkey connections are far more concerning to me at this point. He had access to EVERYTHING when he was Speaker and there are lots of indications that he was dirty as hell and they used that to milk him for info for years. Its no coincidence that he's a lobbyist for Turkish interests (among others) since he left the House.

Like I said before, this couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. The sex abuse was not a shock once the bribe amounts came out.

Terez
05-29-2015, 09:06 PM
He also resigned amidst the Mark Foley scandal in which he was implicated because he knew about Foley's sexually explicit emails/texts to teenage congressional pages and didn't do anything about it beyond warning Foley that there would be consequences if anyone (else) found out about it. From Wikipedia:

Kirk Fordham, Chief of Staff to Tom Reynolds and former Chief of Staff to Foley, said that he was with Foley on September 29, 2006, when ABC confronted him with the explicit messages before they were publicized.[30] Fordham then visited GOP headquarters to inform Reynolds and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert; he returned with a one-sentence resignation letter that Foley signed. Hastert and Reynolds let it be known that if Foley didn't resign, he would be expelled from the House. That same day, Foley tendered his resignation to Hastert as well as Florida Governor Jeb Bush.[31][32] Foley said in a statement, "I am deeply sorry and I apologize for letting down my family and the people of Florida I have had the privilege to represent."[33][34] Once the news report became more widely known, Foley's chances of retaining his seat in Congress were limited. Hastert said in an October 2 press conference that he would have demanded Foley's expulsion from the House had he tried to stay in office.[35] Even if he'd tried to get his seat back, polls showed him losing badly to his Democratic opponent, Tim Mahoney.

More pages came forward, alleging a history of inappropriate conduct by Foley dating back at least 10 years. Foley had been warned about the matter in 2005 by another House Republican and the House Clerk. Through his lawyer, Foley insisted he was not a pedophile and asserted that he had not "had contact" with a minor.[36] This implied that though he did not sexually assault any male interns, he did not explicitly deny sending them solicitous and sexually overt text-messages; thus sidestepping the question of whether he should have apologized (in public or in private) to the interns who had complained about him.[improper synthesis?] Foley also explained that he had a drinking problem and had made the communications while intoxicated.[citation needed] He checked himself into a rehab clinic on October 2, 2006.[37] His lawyer revealed that Foley was molested by a clergyman when he was between the ages of 13 and 15 adding that "Mark Foley wants you to know he is a homosexual."[38] Federal authorities said the explicit messages could result in Foley's prosecution, under some of the same laws he helped to enact.[39]

There was widespread criticism of Republican leaders for their response to earlier warnings and inconsistencies in their statements. In particular, many called for Hastert to resign, including some conservative voices such as the editorial [board] of The Washington Times.[40]

On October 19, 2006 the Sarasota Herald-Tribune stated that a Catholic priest named Anthony Mercieca told the newspaper about an intimate two-year relationship he had with Foley when the congressman was a teenage altar boy living in Lake Worth, Florida.[41] The priest is retired and living in Malta. He acknowledged getting naked in saunas and possible "light touching", but denied contact of a sexual nature.[42]
And so the cycle continues.

Davian93
05-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Ironically, he only got the Speakership due to another sex scandal...

Rough week for right wing nutbags, eh? Will Huckabee be defending this POS too or does he only defend those that molest people of the opposite sex (as God intended)

Terez
05-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Friend of mine wrote this piece (http://www.deepsouthdaily.com/2015/05/if-josh-duggar-had-announced-that-hes-gay.html). Huckabee's a great guy.

Davian93
05-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Friend of mine wrote this piece (http://www.deepsouthdaily.com/2015/05/if-josh-duggar-had-announced-that-hes-gay.html). Huckabee's a great guy.

If Huckabee burned in a fire (or was stoned/beaten to death like the dog his son killed), the world would be a better place.

Nazbaque
05-30-2015, 02:31 AM
If Huckabee burned in a fire (or was stoned/beaten to death like the dog his son killed), the world would be a better place.

Apart from the people who did it. If he simply didn't excist or people like him, then the world would be better, but having them killed just leaves us with other problems namely a bunch of killers.

GonzoTheGreat
05-30-2015, 03:49 AM
Why is it that the ones who have to do this are always Republicans? Don't the Democrats know that bipartisanship is supposed to be a virtue?

Nazbaque
05-30-2015, 04:04 AM
Why is it that the ones who have to do this are always Republicans? Don't the Democrats know that bipartisanship is supposed to be a virtue?

The better question is why whichever political party is never accountable for letting these people into politics.

Davian93
06-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Huckabee Says He Wants To Shower With Underage Girls (http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/06/mike-huckabee-transgender)

This is what passes for humor for the far right wing GOP. Stay classy, Huck!

GonzoTheGreat
06-03-2015, 10:28 AM
In his defence, he does say that he wishes he'd done that when he was the same age as those girls. Which, all in all, isn't really a very exceptional male fantasy.
Why he chose that particular venue to share his own teenage fantasies with is a bit of a puzzle, but I'm sure he had some reason for it. Maybe that reason even seemed rational to him.

Davian93
06-03-2015, 12:02 PM
In his defence, he does say that he wishes he'd done that when he was the same age as those girls. Which, all in all, isn't really a very exceptional male fantasy.
Why he chose that particular venue to share his own teenage fantasies with is a bit of a puzzle, but I'm sure he had some reason for it. Maybe that reason even seemed rational to him.

He's attempting to scare old white people by coming up with BS scenarios where a person would pretend to be transgender just to use a different restroom and then oogle people in said restroom. Because, you know how often that happens.

Typical GOP tactic...scare old easily scarable white people adn then remind them that the only thing that can save them is a "return" to a simpler time that never actually existed where their family values would prevent such things. You know, that glorious period of the 1950s in America...when blacks rode in the back of the bus, weren't so "uppity", didn't sit at the lunch counter with you and gays, lesbians and transgender people didn't exist. Where everyone was happy and no crime occurred. Despite all of these "facts" being completely wrong and made up (and oftentimes the exact opposite was true), they still think this was how "life should be".

Though, I wouldn't mind if they made amphetamines an over the counter drug again so 1/3 of the country could be high as fvck on Meth like they were in the 1950s...just for the LULZ.