PDA

View Full Version : Wheel of Time (HBO) - TV Series (Fan Adaptation)

SwannMadeleine
06-15-2015, 09:03 PM
I've come to a decision as a side project while I get ready to start university in September, to create my own adaptation of The Wheel of Time series as if the showrunners of Game of Thrones, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff decided to make it into a TV series for HBO. Of course, this would mean that GOT probably wouldn't have happen in this but obviously this is just a bit of fun for me and hopefully for you guys, who I hope will read the scripts etc.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/5ec2/f/2015/159/c/1/wheel_of_time_logo_by_swannmadeleine-d8whaat.png

I'm currently working on the first episode, which is entitled "Winternight", and I've pretty much cast the entire first season, with a couple of characters as well as some characters that'll turn up in future seasons. The first season is based on 'The Eye of the World'. Here is the list for the cast of Season 1, if you're interested:

(SIDE NOTE: I understand that a lot of these actors are from GOT, but I can really imagine them as the characters. Please let me know if I've forgotten anyone)

CAST LIST: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074033128/

I've also created a poster for the season as well as an entire wikia page dedicated to the adaptation with as much information as needed. Information regarding "Winternight", the first episode, is already up.

WIKIA: http://wheel-of-time...l_of_Time_Wikia (http://wheel-of-time.wikia.com/wiki/Wheel_of_Time_Wikia)

POSTER:

http://pre12.deviantart.net/d835/th/pre/i/2015/146/a/2/wheel_of_time_season_one__ver_2__by_swannmadeleine-d8ut720.jpg

Thank you for reading my poster. Please feel free to respond below and I hope most of you are as excited as I am.

Daekyras
06-16-2015, 03:16 AM
You think perrin can be played by ramsay Bolton?? I just can't see it.

What are you planning to do in college, media studies? Nice poster and even though a lot of people will give you short shrift for this I found it interesting little diversion.

now go make a new thread. :) Naz hasn't lit himself on fire in a while and I want marshmallows...

SwannMadeleine
06-16-2015, 06:28 AM
You think perrin can be played by ramsay Bolton?? I just can't see it.

What are you planning to do in college, media studies? Nice poster and even though a lot of people will give you short shrift for this I found it interesting little diversion.

now go make a new thread. :) Naz hasn't lit himself on fire in a while and I want marshmallows...

Definitely, I think he could pull it off.

I live in the UK and I studied media in college and now I'm going university to study scriptwriting. I understand not everyone will agree with my cast choices but hopefully when they start reading the scripts they won't mind.

Davian93
06-16-2015, 07:11 AM
interesting

Daekyras
06-16-2015, 04:22 PM
Definitely, I think he could pull it off.

Do you think he can pile on about 3 stone of muscle????

SwannMadeleine
06-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Do you think he can pile on about 3 stone of muscle????

I think the character can be toned down a bit. Iwan is quite muscley just not like Perrin in the novels.

Rand al'Fain
06-16-2015, 10:36 PM
I think the character can be toned down a bit. Iwan is quite muscley just not like Perrin in the novels.

Well Perrin is large, and as a blacksmith, he's gonna need to have a well built upper body. Just kind of goes with the territory. I normally wouldn't suggest it, but whoever does play Perrin, should probably do some bodybuilding. Not extreme stuff, but enough to bulk up.

Tomp
06-17-2015, 03:45 AM
I love Max von Sydow but he's to old to play such an agile person for so many years.

SwannMadeleine
06-17-2015, 07:07 AM
If you want a more visual reference for the characters and cast I've chosen, check out the wikia page:

http://wheel-of-time.wikia.com/wiki/Wheel_of_Time_Wikia

Daekyras
06-17-2015, 07:32 AM
I love Max von Sydow but he's to old to play such an agile person for so many years.

I think we can all agree the only acceptable choice for Thom is Sam Elliot:

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0Vd3FZWpFuc/TspE95BgslI/AAAAAAAAGy8/uF3PhfiaEMM/s1600/sam%252Belliott.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fruitlesspursuits.com/2011/11/movember-day-21-sam-elliott.html&h=498&w=356&tbnid=iaSEJt6jDqLcgM:&zoom=1&docid=QXxmWM7KdeydAM&hl=en-IE&ei=S2iBVbHeKOip7Aa_r4PIBw&tbm=isch&client=ms-android-hms-vf-ie&ved=0CEwQMygcMBxqFQoTCPGvss3dlsYCFegU2wodv9cAeQ

Davian93
06-17-2015, 08:35 AM
Also too old...sadly.

As Sam Elliot is awesome.

SwannMadeleine
06-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Is there casting people actually like specifically? I'm personally quite proud of my cast cause I haven't for too many big names just people I feel fit the roles yet still keeping to some extent the idea of what the characters look like in the source material.

Here's a more full cast (some of these are not final):

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074047582/

Daekyras
06-17-2015, 12:51 PM
Is there casting people actually like specifically? I'm personally quite proud of my cast cause I haven't for too many big names just people I feel fit the roles yet still keeping to some extent the idea of what the characters look like in the source matecharacters. Here's a more full cast (some of these are not final):

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074047582/

I don't know if there is specific casting that everyone can agree on or that is a concensus for the "preferred" but the majority of posters/readers/lurkers/gonzo on theoryland.com have been fans for a long time. They have inevitably thought their way through dream actors for certain characters.

Another poster had a blog about this a few years ago.

If you look through the members list for: "Tank spill" and click on thw link in his signaturehe had a full list of characters broken into different tiers of importance to the plot and his preferred choice of actor or actress and a couple of alternatives. It was very good. Not that yours is not!

And as for personal choices- we all vary and can have weird tastes. For example, I doubt anyone would guess who I have always mentally cast as Lan. I know he could pull it off as he is the consumate "leading man" but not an obvious Lan.

SwannMadeleine
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
I don't know if there is specific casting that everyone can agree on or that is a concensus for the "preferred" but the majority of posters/readers/lurkers/gonzo on theoryland.com have been fans for a long time. They have inevitably thought their way through dream actors for certain characters.

Another poster had a blog about this a few years ago.

If you look through the members list for: "Tank spill" and click on thw link in his signaturehe had a full list of characters broken into different tiers of importance to the plot and his preferred choice of actor or actress and a couple of alternatives. It was very good. Not that yours is not!

And as for personal choices- we all vary and can have weird tastes. For example, I doubt anyone would guess who I have always mentally cast as Lan. I know he could pull it off as he is the consumate "leading man" but not an obvious Lan.

I very much appreciate that not everyones gonna agree, I just wondered what ones people did agree with. If any?

Daekyras
06-17-2015, 06:26 PM
I very much appreciate that not everyones gonna agree, I just wondered what ones people did agree with. If any?

Some of them are very good. Bayle domon is pretty much perfect. Brad dour if as padain fain?? I never considered him but now I can see it in my head so easily. Excellent. Loial is sweet casting too.

The main problems I see with yours are in age- martyr tallanvor is " too young" for Morgase. I put him at about 25. You cast Ian mcelhinney. a great actor but clearly too old. Or is some cases stature when it is a defining characteristic.

On another random point- the guy you picked as Logain would be perfect as Lan. As he looks like a younger Liam Neeson. :)

most importantly I'm impressed that you did this and am in no way trying to criticise you. I wouldn't/couldn't have done it. Everyone will have different opinions on the characters.

I kinda wish more posters would get in on this. Encourage talented new posters I say!

SwannMadeleine
06-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Some of them are very good. Bayle domon is pretty much perfect. Brad dour if as padain fain?? I never considered him but now I can see it in my head so easily. Excellent. Loial is sweet casting too.

The main problems I see with yours are in age- martyr tallanvor is " too young" for Morgase. I put him at about 25. You cast Ian mcelhinney. a great actor but clearly too old. Or is some cases stature when it is a defining characteristic.

On another random point- the guy you picked as Logain would be perfect as Lan. As he looks like a younger Liam Neeson. :)

most importantly I'm impressed that you did this and am in no way trying to criticise you. I wouldn't/couldn't have done it. Everyone will have different opinions on the characters.

I kinda wish more posters would get in on this. Encourage talented new posters I say!

I aged up both Morgase and Martyn's characters, just cause I felt that anyone younger wouldn't work with Elayne (Tamsin Egerton) being as old as she is, in my adaption anyway.

Daekyras
06-17-2015, 08:39 PM
I aged up both Morgase and Martyn's characters, just cause I felt that anyone younger wouldn't work with Elayne (Tamsin Egerton) being as old as she is, in my adaption anyway.

Big fan of camelot? I see quite the crossover in cast...

SwannMadeleine
06-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Big fan of camelot? I see quite the crossover in cast...

Yeah, loved it! Wish they did a second season.

Rand al'Fain
06-19-2015, 09:14 PM
If only Sam Elliot were a decade or two younger, would be perfect for Thom (older mentor figure who won't just bumrush into anything, but can be quite deadly when the need arises).

For Faile, Oona Chaplin (Talisa Stark, Robb's wife from Game of Thrones) is about how I pictured Faile in my mind. Kind of a bold nose (like Faile), but not overly so.

The one sand snake in Game of Thrones who flashed her tits to Jaime might make a good Berelain. A determined young woman in power not afraid to use her looks to get what she wants.

Daekyras
06-20-2015, 06:20 AM
The one sand snake in Game of Thrones who flashed her tits to Jaime might make a good Berelain. A determined young woman in power not afraid to use her looks to get what she wants.

And as a bonus- incredibly attractive.

Rand al'Fain
06-20-2015, 11:03 PM
And as a bonus- incredibly attractive.

I believe she then fits all needed requirements.

GonzoTheGreat
06-21-2015, 02:47 AM
Does she have a name?

SwannMadeleine
06-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Is there any questions people have or any information people want about my adaptation at this stage?

Daekyras
06-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Is there any questions people have or any information about my adaptation at this stage?

Yes, how are you structuring the seasons? One season for one book?

How will you represent the power? I mean the weaving of threads etc. I really hope it's not literal threads. That would be a very bad decision and a terrible visual.

Are there any major cuts you have made and why did you make them? For example- gawyn could die at any number of stages but during the white tower escape in tDR would be a great place for him to take a mortal wound...

SwannMadeleine
06-21-2015, 04:59 PM
Yes, how are you structuring the seasons? One season for one book?

How will you represent the power? I mean the weaving of threads etc. I really hope it's not literal threads. That would be a very bad decision and a terrible visual.

Are there any major cuts you have made and why did you make them? For example- gawyn could die at any number of stages but during the white tower escape in tDR would be a great place for him to take a mortal wound...

1. So far it’ll be one season for one book, but if I feel that maybe two books can work in one season then I’ll go for that, but as of now The Eye of the World will be all of the first season.

2. Powers will all depend on what the power is and how it’s used. Some of them can maybe be invisible to our eye but some of them can be presented.

3. Not any major cuts just yet, I think some of the inn staying will have to be cut down, cause there’s a lot of inns in Eye of the World where characters stay and a lot of innkeepers, which I feel would get a bit repetitive so with that I’ll just work with the most important inn scenes and the pacing of the series.

In the attack on Emond’s Field, we’ll see a lot more of the attack with villagers being murdered, Moiraine’s involvement and eventually Rand being present after the scene with Tam. So I’ll probably kill off some of the villagers in this part (the ones that are less important in the long run).

Rand al'Fain
06-21-2015, 06:46 PM
1. So far itíll be one season for one book, but if I feel that maybe two books can work in one season then Iíll go for that, but as of now The Eye of the World will be all of the first season.

2. Powers will all depend on what the power is and how itís used. Some of them can maybe be invisible to our eye but some of them can be presented.

3. Not any major cuts just yet, I think some of the inn staying will have to be cut down, cause thereís a lot of inns in Eye of the World where characters stay and a lot of innkeepers, which I feel would get a bit repetitive so with that Iíll just work with the most important inn scenes and the pacing of the series.

In the attack on Emondís Field, weíll see a lot more of the attack with villagers being murdered, Moiraineís involvement and eventually Rand being present after the scene with Tam. So Iíll probably kill off some of the villagers in this part (the ones that are less important in the long run).

Before you go all "Game of Thrones" on it, while not 100% sure, it sounded like very few villagers were actually killed in Emond's Field in The Eye of the World. And most of the casualties were injuries, with Moiraine healing the worst and Nynaeve and Egwene tended to the rest.

Davian93
06-21-2015, 07:45 PM
This would probably be more interesting if someone else hadn't already just done it like two months ago with far more thought put into it.

SwannMadeleine
06-21-2015, 08:59 PM
The prologue of the first episode will be the discovery of baby Rand on Dragonmount after the battle with the Maidens of the Spear, instead of the Lews Therin prologue from the book.

That will appear but not straight away in this.

(I know people aren't trusting this but please stick with me on this haha, it's early days.)

Daekyras
06-21-2015, 09:30 PM
This would probably be more interesting if someone else hadn't already just done it like two months ago with far more thought put into it.

Are you suggesting some crazy individual wrote a full episode guide for an entire series just a few weeks ago?

Only rand or terez would do that!!

Davian93
06-22-2015, 09:18 AM
The prologue of the first episode will be the discovery of baby Rand on Dragonmount after the battle with the Maidens of the Spear, instead of the Lews Therin prologue from the book.

That will appear but not straight away in this.

(I know people aren't trusting this but please stick with me on this haha, it's early days.)

I'm curious on that given that the prologue is one of the best written and most powerful scenes in the entire book series.

Ozymandias
06-22-2015, 05:55 PM
I understand that this is only opinion and everyone has their own... but it would be a HUGE deviation, to the point that it isn't even the same character, to have Ian McIlhinney (Barristan Selmy in GoT) playing Tallanvor. That character is, I am 99.99% sure, supposed to be substantially younger than Morgase, who is herself only in her 40s or at most early 50s.

I guess maybe you wouldn't have to change much about the storyline, but there is something of a nice trope reversal in having a much younger man pining after an older woman instead of the other way around.

Davian93
06-22-2015, 08:59 PM
I understand that this is only opinion and everyone has their own... but it would be a HUGE deviation, to the point that it isn't even the same character, to have Ian McIlhinney (Barristan Selmy in GoT) playing Tallanvor. That character is, I am 99.99% sure, supposed to be substantially younger than Morgase, who is herself only in her 40s or at most early 50s.

I guess maybe you wouldn't have to change much about the storyline, but there is something of a nice trope reversal in having a much younger man pining after an older woman instead of the other way around.

And its important to remember that Morgase herself (born in 957) looks a good bit younger than her actual age of 41 when the books start...so she's probably early 30s looking due to a bit of Slowing from her tiny bit of channeling. Tallanvor is late 20s as he's a couple years older than Galad who is 24 when the books start.

Rand al'Fain
06-23-2015, 12:35 AM

As stated by Lini, Tallanvor is only a few years younger. The only time it would have made a real difference is if they were both children. But as both are adults, their ages to eachother are pretty insignificant. I think maybe 5-6 years or so.

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 04:39 AM
I'm curious on that given that the prologue is one of the best written and most powerful scenes in the entire book series.

The scene is great and will appear at some point, I'm just not going to have it be the first thing we see. Although, who knows? Things could change but for now that scene will not appear in the first episode.

And its important to remember that Morgase herself (born in 957) looks a good bit younger than her actual age of 41 when the books start...so she's probably early 30s looking due to a bit of Slowing from her tiny bit of channeling. Tallanvor is late 20s as he's a couple years older than Galad who is 24 when the books start.

Ok. I just wanna say can be people please just have a tiny bit more faith in me. I understand things aren't what you think they should be, but do really think if this was done in real life that every little detail from ages to looks to even accents or whatever will be the same, I'm casting and making these choices based on what I thinks right. The majority of what is there will be adapted just specifics aren't gonna be the same.

Hopefully people can have more faith in what I'm doing and it's certainly not gonna be episode summaries. I'm genuinely going to be writing scripts for each episode. I respect all of your opinions and will of course take them into consideration but please understand that this isn't gonna be a carbon copy of everything in the books because then what would be the point?

Daekyras
06-23-2015, 04:48 AM
The scene is great and will appear at some point, I'm just not going to have it be the first thing we see. Although, who knows? Things could change but for now that scene will not appear in the first episode.

Ok. I just wanna say can be people please just have a tiny bit more faith in me. I understand things aren't what you think they should be, but do really think if this was done in real life that every little detail from ages to looks to even accents or whatever will be the same, I'm casting and making these choices based on what I thinks right. The majority of what is there will be adapted just specifics aren't gonna be the same.

Hopefully people can have more faith in what I'm doing and it's certainly not gonna be episode summaries. I'm genuinely going to be writing scripts for each episode. I respect all of your opinions and will of course take them into consideration but please understand that this isn't gonna be a carbon copy of everything in the books because then what would be the point?

You are writing SCRIPTS????? Damn man, that is a huge undertaking. Good Luck.

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 04:54 AM
You are writing SCRIPTS????? Damn man, that is a huge undertaking. Good Luck.

Haha yeah, it's what I wanna do as a career and I'm going university here in the UK to study it, so I'm undertaking a project over for now and over the summer. :)

GonzoTheGreat
06-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Haha yeah, it's what I wanna do as a career and I'm going university here in the UK to study it, so I'm undertaking a project over for now and over the summer. :)
From what I've heard (and seen), a typical summer in the UK lasts about one day, if you are lucky. Are you sure that's enough time?

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 05:23 AM
From what I've heard (and seen), a typical summer in the UK lasts about one day, if you are lucky. Are you sure that's enough time?

Haha, the weather always chops and changes here. It's been like that at the moment we've had a lot of sun but our fair share of rain, but whatever the weather I'll have time for this. I may not have time to complete every single series but we'll see how far I do get.

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 07:22 AM
Here's an updated cast list. A separate alphabetical one:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074590729/

Daekyras
06-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Here's an updated cast list. A separate alphabetical one:

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074590729/

Gotta love finding a spot for Oscar Isaac.

I really do think you should avoid the massive crossover with GoT actors and actresses.

I see you are trying to hide it a little by marking their Known for with other things but "Indira Varma- known for Exodus" is really a stretch!!

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Gotta love finding a spot for Oscar Isaac.

I really do think you should avoid the massive crossover with GoT actors and actresses.

I see you are trying to hide it a little by marking their Known for with other things but "Indira Varma- known for Exodus" is really a stretch!!

I don't choose what their Known is, it's automatic. And I've said that this will mostly have GoT actors above. It's just I watch the show and I see these actors as the characters in Wheel of Time.

Hugh the Hand
06-23-2015, 08:24 AM
Well, it seems you have put some thought into this...now is when we take it apart.

As for Perrin, you need a much bigger actor, that is young, as Breaking Dawn 2 was on last night, how about the Big Cullen? (no idea what his character name is or actor).

There appears to be very few Asian actors, you will have trouble with special interest groups in the US if this happens. That being said, not sure what characters should be or could be Asian.

I do not see Min as African American in my minds eye, but that actress is cute and could pull it off I think.

I do agree you will suffer from GoT fatigue if you have too many actors from that show. You should go back a few threads and read what Rand did.

SwannMadeleine
06-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Well, it seems you have put some thought into this...now is when we take it apart.

As for Perrin, you need a much bigger actor, that is young, as Breaking Dawn 2 was on last night, how about the Big Cullen? (no idea what his character name is or actor).

There appears to be very few Asian actors, you will have trouble with special interest groups in the US if this happens. That being said, not sure what characters should be or could be Asian.

I do not see Min as African American in my minds eye, but that actress is cute and could pull it off I think.

I do agree you will suffer from GoT fatigue if you have too many actors from that show. You should go back a few threads and read what Rand did.

I've done a couple of ethnicity changes purely based on the actor and if I think they suit the role. For example, Liandrin is played by Rila Fukushima because I could imagine her playing that kind of character.

I'm having trouble casting some of the other Ajah characters because they bare importance but you don't want too many well known names as characters that might not have too much importance in the long run. Any suggestions?

SwannMadeleine
06-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Quick question: What particular scene or event in the first 10 chapters of Eye of the World? So from Tam and Rand's journey to Emond's Field to the group; Egwene, Thom and so on leaving EF. Are there any characters that you wish got more of an introduction or do you feel that everyone's introductions were completely fine?

Daekyras
06-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Quick question: What particular scene or event in the first 10 chapters of Eye of the World? So from Tam and Rand's journey to Emond's Field to the group; Egwene, Thom and so on leaving EF. Are there any characters that you wish got more of an introduction or do you feel that everyone's introductions were completely fine?

I take it you mean, what part or scene we would change?

I think most of the introductions were fine.

I do have a small nit-pick. I think Tam should take out two or three trollocs before taking his wound. He is a blade master and as we find out in the final book- the greatest swordsman in the world thinks he is worthy of the title.

Then, as an accompanied change, have Lan disbelieving that Tam would take out trollocs while surprised and in close quarters.

I know that is a very minor change but I was always a little annoyed by that scene and this may fix the problem...

Davian93
06-25-2015, 07:39 PM
I do have a small nit-pick. I think Tam should take out two or three trollocs before taking his wound. He is a blade master and as we find out in the final book- the greatest swordsman in the world thinks he is worthy of the title.

Well, to be fair, I believe he does kill a couple and he also hadn't picked up a sword in at least 18 years since the Aiel War ended. Its a skill set that goes away if you don't use it ever.

GonzoTheGreat
06-26-2015, 04:00 AM
Demandred was impressed by Tam? I didn't think they had even met.

And maybe Tam's wound did not come from a blade at all. Perhaps it was from a splinter of the door that burst into pieces when the Trollocs came. It could have been a Myrddraal made door, after all.

Tomp
06-26-2015, 05:12 AM
The Power shouldn't be visible until the main characters can see them.

The main characters in question being Rand and the three channeling girls.

Which would mean that you wouldn't see the Power weaves (or the glow around people) until the middle of The great hunt.

And, then it would only be shown when a channeler is the POV character.

Daekyras
06-26-2015, 05:27 AM
Demandred was impressed by Tam? I didn't think they had even met.
l.

Two men enter a battle- there is no cheating, a relatively fair contest- and you pick the one who dies as the better swordsman? Interesting.

There is more to being a swordsman than just following the forms. Sometimes one must realise when it is time to sheath the sword. Death is lighter than a feather..

GonzoTheGreat
06-26-2015, 07:29 AM
It is not always the better swordsman who is the victor. Lan won, not because he was better with the sword, but because he happened to be lucky. Without Mandarb's channeling to save him, that fight would have been a draw.

SwannMadeleine
06-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Well in some notes for the first episode I have, I've wrote down that in the attack on Emond's Field (which we see):

"Rand will see Moiraine take out Trollocs with some kind of power."

I'm thinking maybe the magic could only be visible to the user? or something along those lines, so the magic becomes a much more "mysterious" thing so when Rand finally uses it it's even more of a shock, which I think is when he is attacked by Howal Gode. I could be wrong.

Heinz
06-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Tomp took my main thought.

And, then it would only be shown when a channeler is the POV character.

The exception I would consider to that is a hint of the channeling when Rand makes that bolt at (Four Kings, iirc?). And earlier as he worries about Bela and Egwene. But only the slightest hint. I realize he isn't supposed to see the threads at this point, though it may help some audience members realize what is going on. Hence only vague hints at it. Perhaps have a scene from Moiraine's POV just before or just after Shadar Logoth to include some channeling to reinforce to the audience what they are seeing. Maybe others would disagree with that though, as tEotW was largely from Rand's POV, and a bit of his friends', giving it a tighter focus for that first book. And from Rand's POV, his end fight at The Eye is the big moment for him channeling.

I can't think of what the channeling would look like though. Agreed that literal threads wouldn't be right. Some form of streak of light is what I always imagined. Like a shooting star, but lots of streaks, and of different colors. A more artistic visual effects mind would come up with something I'm sure.

Daekyras
07-03-2015, 07:30 AM
I can't think of what the channeling would look like though. Agreed that literal threads wouldn't be right. Some form of streak of light is what I always imagined. Like a shooting star, but lots of streaks, and of different colors. A more artistic visual effects mind would come up with something I'm sure.

I'd stay away from the multiple streaks of colour. Sounds campy and reminiscent of "my little pony".

I don't think the "threads" need to be shown. Just have Rand look intently and say "I. ..I. .can see what he is doing.." and then repeat it.

Come to think of it- had magic ever been shown well on screen??

Heinz
07-06-2015, 02:35 PM
I'd stay away from the multiple streaks of colour. Sounds campy and reminiscent of "my little pony".

Come to think of it- had magic ever been shown well on screen??

It always comes back to Bela.

But you're probably right. Something more akin to LotR where the effects are shown, and nothing else. Seeing the weaves and learning them is a major part of the Channelers' stories, it would be nice to be able to see them. But as I think on it, I wouldn't want it to look like a WoW spell or Final Fantasy cut-scene.

Assuming, of course, this ever goes to a visual form of story. I will still be more surprised if it does ever happen at this stage.

Daekyras
07-19-2015, 05:16 PM
How are the scripts coming along made lineswann?

SwannMadeleine
07-24-2015, 06:21 PM
How are the scripts coming along made lineswann?

Coming together nicely thanks :)