PDA

View Full Version : The Sea of Storms (WoT MUD)

Victorino
07-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone, I am a staff member of a Wheel of Time based MUD, a type of text based role-playing adventure game, called the Sea of Storms. I am posting this to invite all Wheel of Time fans to join us as we work to improve our game. If you've ever had the desire to role-play a character in the WoT universe then Sea of Storms is your place. Visit us at www.tsosmud.org

DahLliA
07-10-2015, 03:19 AM
I always wanted to get into MUDs, but I never managed to.

Not really able to visualize things on my own :p

NargsBrood
07-10-2015, 03:53 PM
I could be persuaded to play -- I've played smaug MUDs off and on since I was 15 :) Can't stand other code bases. Looks like yours is smaug -- NICE!

I've been a coder of several smaug muds and I've built many many many areas in my days. Really cool what you're doing.

Victorino
07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Feel free to drop on in, We tend to be more active in the evenings, I work through the day, but other administrators are off and on.

Inara
07-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Come on down to The Sea of Storms we are in the process of rebuilding our player base and have some amazing story lines starting up in the next few weeks :)

Daekyras
07-15-2015, 10:33 PM
What is a MUD?

Victorino
07-15-2015, 11:54 PM
A MUD (Multi User Dungeon) is a text based roleplaying game. If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons or something similar, imagine that but coded into a text program.

Daekyras
07-16-2015, 02:02 PM
A MUD (Multi User Dungeon) is a text based roleplaying game. If you've ever played Dungeons and Dragons or something similar, imagine that but coded into a text program.

Ah, I see.

I never got the chance to play D and D. Tabletop games are not overly popular here. Closest I got was playing ticket to ride, which is a card drawing game. Fun though.

How would this work?

Victorino
07-19-2015, 04:59 PM
We're unfortunately experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment. But once we're up and running again drop on by the website at tsosmud.org and go to the play link. You can also access the game the The MUD Connector (www.mudconnect.com).

Victorino
07-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Server's up again, sometimes stuff just doesn't work how you want it to.