PDA

View Full Version : Sensory Deprivation Tanks...

Davian93
08-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Did a session in one today for the first time...totally, totally worth it. It starts off just relaxing but after 20-30 min, it totally turns into something else. Yeah, it sounds new age and all "Dumb VT Hippie" but it was so awesome.

You know that surreal floating experience you get right as you're falling asleep or that bit of dreaming right before you really wake up? Imagine 30+ min of that once the brain relaxes and you really lose track of everything.

Totally should try it if you have it available near you.

SauceyBlueConfetti
08-18-2015, 11:07 PM
It's always seemed like something I should try but I am afraid I would

FREAK THE HELL OUT

and have a psychotic break

Were you scared?

Davian93
08-19-2015, 08:36 AM

FREAK THE HELL OUT

Were you scared?

I was definitely nervous going in and the first 5-10 min are a bit odd but suddenly, you just start to relax and drift. It's very, very relaxing. Even today, I just feel super relaxed overall and I slept amazingly well. Usually I have trouble winding down at night and I have to read for a good 30-45 min just to calm my brain down but I was totally just relaxed instead and slept exceptionally well. Might be a coincidence but I dreamed alot better (or at least had much better recall) than I typically would too so that was odd.

Overall, just very relaxing and I highly recommend it. Its not scary at all.

Khoram
08-19-2015, 12:44 PM

FREAK THE HELL OUT

Were you scared?

He says that he's fine, but in reality this isn't the real Dav that we're talking to. His mind is totally broken.

Now he's just somebody that we used to know. :D

Nazbaque
08-19-2015, 01:14 PM
He says that he's fine, but in reality this isn't the real Dav that we're talking to. His mind is totally broken.

Now he's just somebody that we used to know. :D

So he was brain washed by aliens in that tank and is now trying to get others to try it. Eventually aliens will have all of us in their power and war, famine and disease will be things of the past.

Khoram
08-19-2015, 02:07 PM
So he was brain washed by aliens in that tank and is now trying to get others to try it. Eventually aliens will have all of us in their power and war, famine and disease will be things of the past.

Yes

Davian93
08-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Dav's not here, man.

Nazbaque
08-19-2015, 04:33 PM
Yes

Makes sense. Just look at his avatar.

Daekyras
08-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Makes sense. Just look at his avatar.

What has ET got to do with sensory depravation?

I've never Been in a sensory depravation tank. I have however been in a sound absorbing room. It was part of a thing a few years ago at work and I took a bit of an adventure in it. Surreal.

It basically removed all sound. After a while you start inventing your own. Cool.

I imagine the sensory tanks do that for all five. Or six.

Khoram
08-19-2015, 11:37 PM
What has ET got to do with sensory depravation?

I've never Been in a sensory depravation tank. I have however been in a sound absorbing room. It was part of a thing a few years ago at work and I took a bit of an adventure in it. Surreal.

It basically removed all sound. After a while you start inventing your own. Cool.

I imagine the sensory tanks do that for all five. Or six.

There's more to do in the tanks - they have water that you can slap. :D

GonzoTheGreat
08-20-2015, 04:17 AM
Biblical, actually:

Psalms|115:6 They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not

Obviously, you are a silver or gold idol, the work of men's hands (Psalms|115:4).