PDA

View Full Version : hooray for women

Daekyras
08-24-2015, 06:32 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/17/politics/women-graduate-army-ranger-course/

This is great news. And then you read the second part of the headline.

Goddamn it. If these women passed the freaking ranger training they can do anything that another ranger can.

I don't chat bout it much but I spent some time in the irish army (they paid for a good chunk of college) and for a week or so we had some rangers come to take training. These guys do not mess around. They do not pull punches and did not give any easy treatment. Seriously impressive dudes. I can only assume that the women who graduated are up to that standard. They should be deployed exactly the same as the men.

GonzoTheGreat
08-24-2015, 06:47 AM
I doubt either of those women could manage to spend 47 days and nights running after a bunch of Orcs* without whacking that annoying Dwarf on his head at least once.

* Who stayed ahead nonetheless, while carrying a couple of unwilling captives to boot. Orcs are more impressive than Rangers, it seems.

Nazbaque
08-24-2015, 07:35 AM
I doubt either of those women could manage to spend 47 days and nights running after a bunch of Orcs* without whacking that annoying Dwarf on his head at least once.

* Who stayed ahead nonetheless, while carrying a couple of unwilling captives to boot. Orcs are more impressive than Rangers, it seems.

Well orcs are elves 2.0 so they're bound to beat everybody.