08-24-2015, 10:20 AM
Fantastic article by Professor McGinnis on Justice Scalia

Nazbaque
08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
And?

ShadowbaneX
08-24-2015, 11:06 AM
And?
It was a great article. Would read again.

GonzoTheGreat
08-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Somebody can write an interesting article about Scalia?
I have to admit that that is about the most ringing endorsement of this judge I've ever come across. Amazing!

ShadowbaneX
08-24-2015, 11:54 AM
It's like the Big Book of Italian War Heroes* and the Book that won't offend sensitive protestant values*...all the pages are blank.

The preceeding books were actually published and not this post's authors twisted sense of humour.

Ozymandias
08-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Fantastic article by Professor McGinnis on Justice Scalia

Actually, it was not a defense of Scalia as a justice, or of his judicial opinions. It was a very narrow discussion of his rhetorical style, and the reasons for why he writes so scathingly.

Frankly, I think the most agreeable part about Antonin Scalia is his talent for invective. He has every right to write as harshly as he wishes about majority opinions of which he is not a part. And, it must be admitted, even as someone who disagrees with the vast majority of his ridiculous, ogreish opinions (he and Richard Nixon share the same unfortunate condition of looking much like the slimy, noxious lizards that their odious political opinions reveal them to be), that I often chuckle at his wit.

But none of that made that article even remotely a defense of Scalia the judge, as evidenced by your refusal to even link the article. It was a tepid defense of his writing style.