PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Non Wot

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 01:06 AM
I understand from my recent "enjoyment" of a variety of threads, some clarification of a few things pertaining to Non Wot would be welcome. By the way, that was some crazy sh*t in the "The Terrorist Regime wins- Obama and Iran" post. I mean...eighteen pages of all sorts of crazy, and even a mashup of theories on Disney movies...and rehashing the Iraq war...just wow.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

Wot Moderators: Chosen

I thought this was well known: the five Mods who handle the Wheel of Time related forums are not responsible for Non Wot and Non Wot related moderation. That falls to Nae'blis, and at times that falls to me. It has been this way since the dawn of this particular forum category. The Wot Mods are fulfilling the duties we gave them. If you would like to see something work differently on the Wot related forums, respectfully offer up your time and energy to the Mods.

About Non Wot Moderation

We've taken a mostly hands off approach for over fifteen years to Non Wot and will likely continue to do so.

While I'm on this topic, I'd like to thank Nae'blis for all time spent fulfilling this thankless job for many, many years watching over the forums, tackling spam (fun times), and jumping in when necessary to put out the fires.

Other Stuff

Anti-Semites? No, there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators. By the way, don't expect that particular post to last much longer.

I'm happy to answer sincere, respectful concerns/questions.

And damn, Non Wot really needs a new board. I'll see what I can do about that.

Daekyras
08-26-2015, 08:52 AM

Oh, a new board you say?

Would only certain people would be able to get to this board?

Maybe you could make it so that these individuals could only get to that board and could only post there?

It would need a name. Something that is catchy but shows of the exclusivity of this board which is hard to get to....That's it! We can call it the "get to" board.

Yes, the getto board. And people could be kept there for their own safe keeping.

I like how you have solved the problem tam. Yes, your solution is not perfect and may require a further draft. We could call that solution the fina....wait a minute- I'm on to you Tam.

ShadowbaneX
08-26-2015, 10:36 AM
More than likely he means archiving the current one and making a new one.

GonzoTheGreat
08-26-2015, 12:03 PM
He didn't say so, and why hop (or jump, if you're so inclined) to conclusions?

Terez
08-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Forums get archived when the list of page numbers wanders off the screen.

GonzoTheGreat
08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Forums get archived when the list of page numbers wanders off the screen.
Which could obviously also be solved by buying bigger monitors.

connabard
08-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Which could obviously also be solved by buying bigger monitors.

Or increasing resolution, a much simpler fix, Gonzo.

Davian93
08-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Tam Lives!!!

Hi Tam!!!

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 12:37 PM
there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators.
I'd just like to say I'm embarrassed you even had to type those words.

Davian93
08-26-2015, 01:30 PM
I'd just like to say I'm embarrassed you even had to type those words.

Of course, isn't this the response we'd expect from him if there indeed was a conspiracy?!?

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 01:57 PM
More than likely he means archiving the current one and making a new one.

Archive and make a new one, either today or tomorrow.

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Tam Lives!!!

Hi Tam!!!

I'm alive and the kids are back in school, so life is great. How have you been?

Isabel
08-26-2015, 02:04 PM
Welcome back Tam ;)
Always some drama here

Khoram
08-26-2015, 02:36 PM
Wait... now that you're here, does this mean you're gonna grant Daek his wish? :eek:

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Wait... now that you're here, does this mean you're gonna grant Daek his wish? :eek:

While I'm around, I should get that done shouldn't I?

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Welcome back Tam ;)
Always some drama here

You coming out to JordanCon next year?

Southpaw2012
08-26-2015, 09:51 PM
She's been skipping!

Sodas
08-26-2015, 09:55 PM
I understand from my recent "enjoyment" of a variety of threads, some clarification of a few things pertaining to Non Wot would be welcome. By the way, that was some crazy sh*t in the "The Terrorist Regime wins- Obama and Iran" post. I mean...eighteen pages of all sorts of crazy, and even a mashup of theories on Disney movies...and rehashing the Iraq war...just wow.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

Wot Moderators: Chosen

I thought this was well known: the five Mods who handle the Wheel of Time related forums are not responsible for Non Wot and Non Wot related moderation. That falls to Nae'blis, and at times that falls to me. It has been this way since the dawn of this particular forum category. The Wot Mods are fulfilling the duties we gave them. If you would like to see something work differently on the Wot related forums, respectfully offer up your time and energy to the Mods.

About Non Wot Moderation

We've taken a mostly hands off approach for over fifteen years to Non Wot and will likely continue to do so.

While I'm on this topic, I'd like to thank Nae'blis for all time spent fulfilling this thankless job for many, many years watching over the forums, tackling spam (fun times), and jumping in when necessary to put out the fires.

Other Stuff

Anti-Semites? No, there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators. By the way, don't expect that particular post to last much longer.

I'm happy to answer sincere, respectful concerns/questions.

I gather from this response that you are unconcerned that the EZboard terms of use was broken. That's fine, I'll go ahead with my previous plan of going to the ADL with this and Yuku.

I'm also glad the moderator team is not some "anti-Semitic conspiracy" even though I never used that term. Thanks a great deal. It's comforting to know where you stand.

I don't have any questions.

Terez
08-26-2015, 10:05 PM
I gather from this response that you are unconcerned that the EZboard terms of use was broken. That's fine, I'll go ahead with my previous plan of going to the ADL with this and Yuku.
LOL. In case you didn't notice, we're not on Yuku any more. We haven't been for years.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 10:09 PM
LOL. In case you didn't notice, we're not on Yuku any more. We haven't been for years.

Yuku owns the rights to Ezboard.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 10:14 PM
Nm, vBulletin then.

Doesn't matter to me what it is used to create the forums. It's in the TOS you sign to use it.

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 10:15 PM
I thought you said you would take Tam at his word.

That's fine, I'll go ahead with my previous plan of going to the ADL with this and Yuku.

Are you serious? Other than the (clearly satirical) picture, what evidence do you have for any anti-semitism at all? Bear in mind thinking Netanyahu is a piece of shit is not anti-semitic. Millions of Jewish people share that belief.

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 10:16 PM
It's in the TOS you sign to use it.
What is? Can you post the specific terms and specific examples of violations?

Sodas
08-26-2015, 10:25 PM
I thought you said you would take Tam at his word.

I'm taking him at his word. Do I think the mods are anti-Semites anymore? Nope. We are good there. They just can't do anything because of how the system is setup. That's an honest explanation.

I just disagree that he should leave hateful meme's up on a licensed forum that could be construed as legitimate. To give legitimacy to the ongoing hate and vitriol that is spewed here on a daily basis is frankly not the Theoryland site I remember. Sites like that are no better than PUA and deserve to be put down.

In which case, he's breaking his usage agreement for his forum usage, spreading hate meme's against a prosecuted minority group regardless of the intent, and I very much doubt any company wants to be associated with that.

Terez
08-26-2015, 10:29 PM
1. He's only using the software. Unlike when the Theoryland message board was hosted by EZboard/Yuku, the vbulletin software is hosted on the Theoryland domain. We don't have to abide by anyone's TOS except our own.

2. It wasn't anti-Semitic.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 10:30 PM
Ok, so then your Terms of Agreement is completely worthless. Good luck with that.

http://i60.tinypic.com/263xb9h.png

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 10:32 PM
If you can't tell the difference between satire and actual hate speech, maybe you should live in a country without a First Amendment (or similar protections).

Do you read Southpaw's shit? Do you not see the casual racism he betrays with his word choice and choice of topics? Do you notice how he's still allowed to post? Do you notice how many people would rather he post more? Censorship is never the answer to even real hate speech. Thoughtful engagement is.

Terez
08-26-2015, 10:42 PM
Ok, so then your Terms of Agreement is completely worthless. Good luck with that.
It's quite possible that no one has actually ever read those rules. They come with the software but you can change them if you feel like it. We have posted various sets of rules in sticky posts on General over the years.

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 10:55 PM
I looked through Sodas's old threads, and it looks like he just has a little hissy fit whenever he's bored.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:03 PM
If you can't tell the difference between satire and actual hate speech, maybe you should live in a country without a First Amendment (or similar protections).

Sadly, America doesn't have the freedom of speech anymore. That's a myth. And it's not like you have it anywhere else. So that's not even a legitimate question.

I find it funny being lectured on what to be upset about when "Liberals" were calling for the removal of the Confederate Flag (while I'll never agree with it, it's just a piece of cloth, remember?), the digging up of Confederate Legends, and the erasing of Confederate monuments. Funny, as Robert Jordan fans, I think you would see the irony in that when thinking about how history was erased before the Age of Legends we see.

I don't really get the rest about Southpaw has to do with anything here. He comes across as very nice on Twitter, I've been talking with him now for over a year. While we had our disagreements, it's been nothing but the most cordial. I think other unbiased individuals who know him in real life, singing reports, would attest to that as well. I've never see him post anything racist.

Maybe if you would give him a chance to talk, maybe answer his questions, then you might be able to start a dialogue with him. If there is anything I've seen repeatedly on this forum, is that some are way too interested in attacking the person, rather than debating. In fact, I fail to see time and time again answers for my questions.

Still waiting on the names of the Iranian hardliners.
Still waiting on people to admit they care more about a Lion than babies being slaughtered.

Anything but addressing those points is not unexpected from you "liberal" crowd. And I used "liberal" in quotes because you aren't liberals. Liberalism is about individual freedom and rights. Soon as you start taking away rights, to right to speak freely, the right to protect myself from a dictatorial government, the right to choose my own health care insurance void of government interference, the right to have privacy in my own home, the right to have full documentation of our government representatives during their service, you stop being a liberal, you start being a bunch of fascists.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:06 PM
It's quite possible that no one has actually ever read those rules. They come with the software but you can change them if you feel like it. We have posted various sets of rules in sticky posts on General over the years.

So can you tell me why I can't ignore you Terez, while I have you on the line?

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:23 PM
It's quite possible that no one has actually ever read those rules. They come with the software but you can change them if you feel like it.

To use the software, you have to agree to license it from vBulletin. It says right in the first paragraph,

"We have the right, but not the obligation, to regulate content (which includes but is not limited to postings, text, code, images, video, binary files, ads, accounts, account information, flags, emails, messages and any other user communications (“content”)) posted to, stored on or transmitted via our sites and services by any user (or any other third party in any manner); to regulate conduct (including but not limited to any authorized or unauthorized access to or use of our sites and services) by any user (or any other third party in any manner); and to enforce these TOU, for any reason and in any manner or by any means that we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate (including but not limited to automated and manual screening, blocking, filtering, exclusion from index pages, exclusion from search results, requiring the use of an application programming interface (API), requiring the use of a bulk posting interface, authorization, verification, and the deletion and/or termination of content, accounts and/or all or any use or access). We may, in our sole discretion and without notice, start, stop or modify any regulation or enforcement measures at any time. Our action or inaction to regulate content or conduct or to enforce against any potential violation of these TOU by any user (or any other third party) does not waive our right to implement or not implement regulation or enforcement measures with respect to any subsequent or similar content, conduct or potential TOU violation.

I gather from this they have the right, but are not obligated, to act on anti-semitic posts like Davian's if they determine it breaches their TOU.

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/terms/

I mean, I could be reading it wrong, but let's see what some lawyers who do it for a living say instead. Don't you just love lawyers, Terez?

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:28 PM
To use the software, you have to agree to license it from vBulletin. It says right in the first paragraph,

I gather from this they have the right, but are not obligated, to act on anti-semitic posts like Davian's if they determine it breaches their TOU.

http://www.vbulletin.com/en/terms/

I mean, I could be reading it wrong, but let's see what some lawyers who do it for a living say instead. Don't you just love lawyers, Terez?
I asked you for specific examples of anti-semitic remarks. Is Dav's picture all you have? Because that won't pan out for you.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:29 PM
I asked you for specific examples of anti-semitic remarks. Is Dav's picture all you have? Because that won't pan out for you.

I guess we will find out.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:33 PM

btw, I also consider your continued hate filled posts against Southpaw as harassment, also against that TOU.

So, there is more than just this one picture that is an issue here.

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Is Dav's picture all you have?

I guess we will find out.
Is that a yes?

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:35 PM
The ADL won't care about Southpaw.

ETA:
Until (and unless) you post specific examples of violations (citing both the infraction and the rule it violates), I'm just going to assume you're appealing for political correctness and censorship to artificially bolster your position.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:36 PM
The ADL won't care about Southpaw.

You sure do know everything.

Care to tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers while you're at it?

Kimon
08-26-2015, 11:38 PM

Sodas, there is a vast difference between a joke in poor taste and anti-semitism. Nor is being critical of Likud and Netanyahu because of their actions vis-a-vis the Palestinians anti-semitism. Would it be anti-American to bash Cheney and the Republicans?

Is it your opinion that we aren't allowed to criticize Israeli foreign (and domestic, since occupation...) policy unless we're Jewish? Are only Americans allowed to criticize the Iraq War or American foreign and domestic policy?

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:42 PM
You sure do know everything.

Care to tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers while you're at it?
After you post your examples of rule-violating behavior.

ETA:
This is my main problem with Southpaw. He makes wild accusations and never backs them up. Can you?

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:42 PM
Sodas, there is a vast difference between a joke in poor taste and anti-semitism. Nor is being critical of Likud and Netanyahu because of their actions vis-a-vis the Palestinians anti-semitism. Would it be anti-American to bash Cheney and the Republicans?

Is it your opinion that we aren't allowed to criticize Israeli foreign (and domestic, since occupation...) policy unless we're Jewish? Are only Americans allowed to criticize the Iraq War or American foreign and domestic policy?

I would have been fine if he had just made that joke.

Once he posted the meme on top of it - unneeded to get the satirical point across - that was over the line.

We'll see.

I also have a point in all this. If this forum wants to stay alive, it needs to cut out the hate. Go back to toleration of diversity of opinion.

Hey, I've made that mistake in the past too. I'm not perfect, I'm more than willing to admit that. But it's become like a plague here. It infects everything. Who wants to walk into that when you are just going to get bullied, mocked, called racist, etc, without any true value ever being derived?

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:47 PM
After you post your examples of rule-violating behavior.

Calling out trolls like yourself is not harassment. Are you seriously whining about one person, who has been treating you with the lack of respect you deserve, when you have a group of bullies around you? That's some serious butthurt!

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:50 PM
Calling out trolls like yourself is not harassment. Are you seriously whining about one person, who has been treating you with the lack of respect you deserve, when you have a group of bullies around you? That's some serious butthurt!
I'm not the one accusing people of harassment. And why are you changing the subject? I've already been disciplined for treating Southpaw badly.

Tamyrlin
08-26-2015, 11:51 PM
Southpaw is a good guy. I consider him a friend. I think his heart is in the right place, even if the tone of this board in discussion of greatly contentious topics feels unwelcome. I always look forward to seeing him at JordanCon; if you haven't met him, you should. And I think he has the right to come and post about the things of this world that bother him if he likes. I feel the same about most people I interact with here or in other parts of the Internet, especially once I've met them. In fact, I think forums would be a lot better if we could all meet up personally first and then post. It would offer more context, and prevent much of the fierce disagreements.

I don't agree that yelling back louder or returning vitriol for vitriol is the right way to create something or get back something that one feels was lost. I disagree with your assessment that the meme you cited was used as anything but satire. Nor do I believe your use (or quote) of the same image was used inappropriately, though I was surprised you posted it again considering how disgusted you are by it (at least I thought you posted it too as an example...I apologize if I'm remembering that incorrectly.) But I'm open to being convinced otherwise. I just haven't been convinced from everything I've read.

Sodas
08-26-2015, 11:52 PM
I'm not the one accusing people of harassment.

No, it's not an accusation. It happened. You did it.

Why can't you even admit it?

The Unreasoner
08-26-2015, 11:54 PM
No, it's not an accusation. It happened. You did it.

Why can't you even admit it?
Can you...uh...quote me on that?

Zombie Sammael
08-26-2015, 11:54 PM
I also have a point in all this. If this forum wants to stay alive, it needs to cut out the hate. Go back to toleration of diversity of opinion.

Sorry, but hate from who, exactly? You and Southpaw (among others) manage to post some pretty vile stuff that could be described as hateful. I particularly liked your words on abortion in the Lion thread. Southpaw is dangerously close to describing all black people as criminals in his posts. We've had posts in the past and recently that have embraced transphobia, homophobia, all kinds of bigotry.

Or do you only mean posters who disagree with you? Do you think the "hate" is coming from Davian (I'm not defending Davian, btw) because he posted one silly joke that has upset you? Where is all this hate coming from? Is it from me, because I'm a bit snarky sometimes, not that I've been posting much lately?

I don't think Theoryland has ever "tolerated diversity of opinion" without challenging it, whether it be in WOT discussion or non-WOT. That's not who we are and that's not what we're here for. If you post something others disagree with, expect debate; it's practically the whole point of this website.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:06 AM
Southpaw is a good guy. I consider him a friend. I think his heart is in the right place, even if the tone of this board in discussion of greatly contentious topics feels unwelcome. I always look forward to seeing him at JordanCon; if you haven't met him, you should. And I think he has the right to come and post about the things of this world that bother him if he likes. I feel the same about most people I interact with here or in other parts of the Internet, especially once I've met them. In fact, I think forums would be a lot better if we could all meet up personally first and then post. It would offer more context, and prevent much of the fierce disagreements.

I think that would be nice. I also think that the feedback I get via Twitter from conservative WoT fans like myself is that Theoryland is a hateful group of spiteful individuals.

Now, I know that not to be true in most of those cases because a) I've known the core people here for longer than my children have been alive and b) I'm not an ideologue and judge people based upon the content of their character, but someone has to shake that tree.

I don't agree that yelling back louder or returning vitriol for vitriol is the right way to create something or get back something that one feels was lost. I disagree with your assessment that the meme you cited was used as anything but satire. Anything but satire? So you don't think there was a smidgen of trying to provoke a reaction at all?

I just don't see it that way.

Nor do I believe your use (or quote) of the same image was used inappropriately, though I was surprised you posted it again considering how disgusted you are by it (at least I thought you posted it too as an example...I apologize if I'm remembering that incorrectly.) But I'm open to being convinced otherwise. I just haven't been convinced from everything I've read.Yes, you got it right. I am, and still am disgusted - but I can live through it. I COULD have always deleted them once Dav pulled them down himself (can't now since my account was locked before I read the message to leave it), but figured since he was not embarrassed about them, let the World see and judge for themselves.

However, this is not about me, I can separate personal feelings and the reality that this forum is accessible to more people than myself. This is about the hate that your forum represents on the internet. At the end of the day, I do plan to erase my posts if they offend (the meme ones).

But at this point, why should I? Why shouldn't I continue to point out the obvious hatred that runs rampant here?

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Why shouldn't I continue to point out the obvious hatred that runs rampant here?
Go ahead. See my sig.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:10 AM
Sorry, but hate from who, exactly? You and Southpaw (among others) manage to post some pretty vile stuff

I wasn't even posting here, so that's a poor excuse. I saw, just lurking, post after post of people calling American's and Christian's genocidal mass murderers. I even saw Terez say she wanted to assassinate Senator James Inhofe over Climate Change.

That excuse is absolutely bogus.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 12:12 AM
I saw...post after post of people calling American's and Christian's genocidal mass murderers.
See below.

ETA:
Is English your first language?

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:14 AM
See below.

ETA:
Is English your first language?

I hope you realize it's on you as well if vBulletin considers this place in violation of TOU agreement, but I guess you are willing to risk it so long as you get to bully people.

Zombie Sammael
08-27-2015, 12:17 AM
I wasn't even posting here, so that's a poor excuse. I saw, just lurking, post after post of people calling American's and Christian's genocidal mass murderers. I even saw Terez say she wanted to assassinate Senator James Inhofe over Climate Change.

That excuse is absolutely bogus.

So are you saying that your post which accuses women who have abortions of being murderers is not hate speech? Because it's pretty fucking close.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:18 AM
Personally, I thought this bit of trolling by you was rather obvious, but since you need quotes.

http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=230891&postcount=76

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Personally, I thought this bit of trolling by you was rather obvious, but since you need quotes.

http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=230891&postcount=76
That's adorable.

Sure, take that to the ADL or the vBulletin people or whoever it is you're threatening us with. LMFAO...

ETA:
Do you need help? I can find way worse things I've said here.

Terez
08-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Sadly, America doesn't have the freedom of speech anymore. That's a myth. And it's not like you have it anywhere else. So that's not even a legitimate question.
It wasn't even a question.

So can you tell me why I can't ignore you Terez, while I have you on the line?
Because.

Internet Brands, Inc. and its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates (collectively, “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate websites, provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “sites,” “services,” or “our sites and services.”

These terms, including any schedules and supplemental terms (collectively, these “Terms of Use” or this “TOU”) applies to our sites and services on which we display or post a direct link to this TOU. If there is any conflict between this TOU and any supplemental terms to a site or service, the supplemental terms will control. This TOU does not apply to those sites and services that do not display or link to this TOU, or that have their own terms of use.

By using our sites and services, you are a “user” and you accept and agree to this TOU as a legal contract between you and us. We may post changes to these TOU at any time, and any such changes will be applicable to all subsequent access to or use of our sites and services. If you do not accept and agree to all provisions of these TOU, now or in the future, you may reject these TOU by immediately terminating all access and use of our sites and services, in which case any continuing access or use of our sites and service is unauthorized.
We don't use their sites and services. Their sites are hosted by them. This is our site. What you're trying to imply is basically the same as the notion that Microsoft would assert their TOS over what you write in Word documents, if you were to post them to the web on your own server. It's silly.

Fun fact: Stormfront uses vbulletin.

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Don't you just love lawyers, Terez?
They will often take your money even if you don't have a case. Nice guys.

Yeah...quote? Reading comprehension has never been your strong suit.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:24 AM
Because.

Funny, I have an email here from Tamrylin saying you are not a moderator or admin.

Care to explain?

I really want an answer for why I can't ignore your puking all over my screen?

Terez
08-27-2015, 12:28 AM
Funny, I have an email here from Tamrylin saying you are not a moderator or admin.

Care to explain?

I really want an answer for why I can't ignore your puking all over my screen?
lol, love how you ignored the rest of my post. I am a moderator, as it happens. Just not over any sub-forums you care about. You can take that complaint to vbulletin along with your lawsuit against Stormfront.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:29 AM
We don't use their sites and services. Their sites are hosted by them. This is our site. What you're trying to imply is basically the same as the notion that Microsoft would assert their TOS over what you write in Word documents, if you were to post them to the web on your own server.

That's not what it says in black in white the TOU, and the comparison to a word document is not true. Word documents are just that, documents. vBulletin is a program that runs this forum.

Your understanding of technology was never good, particularly for someone who illegally scanned RJ documents online.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:30 AM
lol, love how you ignored the rest of my post.

Why don't you calm down sparky, I'll get to it. Unlike you guys, I respond.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:30 AM
lol, love how you ignored the rest of my post. I am a moderator, as it happens. Just not over any sub-forums you care about. You can take that complaint to vbulletin along with your lawsuit against Stormfront.

Actually, for you, I'm going to drop a hint to the FBI for that assassination comment.

Terez
08-27-2015, 12:32 AM
You still haven't quoted it, whatever it is. But go ahead...I'm sure the FBI will be grateful to be alerted to a dangerously unhinged person who needs to be watched.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:33 AM
So, I find it interesting here that a Moderator of one of the forums has actively threatened a seated senator with assassination. That alone should be concerning to anyone looking in.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 12:34 AM
You still haven't quoted it, whatever it is. But go ahead..

Ok, then I will. And I do have the quote. :D

Tamyrlin
08-27-2015, 12:51 AM
I think that would be nice. I also think that the feedback I get via Twitter from conservative WoT fans like myself is that Theoryland is a hateful group of spiteful individuals.

Now, I know that not to be true in most of those cases because a) I've known the core people here for longer than my children have been alive and b) I'm not an ideologue and judge people based upon the content of their character, but someone has to shake that tree.

I still believe the solution to that critique is to engage, not to disengage. And to engage in a manner befitting ones ideals.

Anything but satire? So you don't think there was a smidgen of trying to provoke a reaction at all?

I just don't see it that way.

From the follow up commentary, I was not led to believe that Davian was attempting to racially provoke you or anyone on the board. I did read that entire thread because I wanted to understand. But I understand that you do not agree with that assessment.

Yes, you got it right. I am, and still am disgusted - but I can live through it. I COULD have always deleted them once Dav pulled them down himself (can't now since my account was locked before I read the message to leave it), but figured since he was not embarrassed about them, let the World see and judge for themselves.

I didn't realized that the account was locked before you were able to remove that image you posted. I will delete the image in your post, unless you tell me otherwise, let me know.

However, this is not about me, I can separate personal feelings and the reality that this forum is accessible to more people than myself. This is about the hate that your forum represents on the internet. At the end of the day, I do plan to erase my posts.

But at this point, why should I? Why shouldn't I continue to point out the obvious hatred that runs rampant here?

Sodas, I don't think you should leave nor do I believe you should erase your posts. But I do believe a more inclusive approach would go a long way in accomplishing your goals.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 12:57 AM
Ok, then I will. And I do have the quote. :D
I'd like to see that.

Also:

1. The specific Terms in the TOS that you are alleging may have been violated, along with clear evidence such terms are applicable

2. Specific examples of possible violations

3. Me, whining about harassment

4. Any instance of actual anti-semitism on the boards, anywhere (ie, not specific criticisms of the Israeli government that do not translate to the Jewish people as a whole, or comments that appear to be made in jest)

Take your time.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 01:24 AM
I still believe the solution to that critique is to engage, not to disengage. And to engage in a manner befitting ones ideals.

In normal times, sure, I'd agree.

But at this point - people, are dying. babies, are dying. people are being burnt alive for their beliefs. The World is on the verge of World War 3. And people want to worry about tone?

Sorry, brother, but when lives are at stake - I can get forceful.

From the follow up commentary, I was not led to believe that Davian was attempting to racially provoke you or anyone on the board. I did read that entire thread because I wanted to understand. But I understand that you do not agree with that assessment. Reading even back over, it wasn't even his first attempt at the joke. http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=231653&postcount=259

"Personally, I think it's a Jewish conspiracy.

Probably involving the Rothschild family in some way.

I notice he's not logged in anymore...guessing he finally passed out from drinking too much. "

He doesn't know that my grandfather committed suicide one day drinking, so I don't touch the stuff. Lol. Nor, for how personal that was, I didn't complain about it.

But it was clear, he was looking for something racial against Jews at that moment. I was clearly under his skin. I fully admit I meant to do that, for this very reason. This needs to come to light.

I didn't realized that the account was locked before you were able to remove that image you posted. I will delete the image in your post, unless you tell me otherwise, let me know. Yeah, well, that's why I had to ask if there was something against me. I don't even get a chance to fix things.

I'm not sure why I even care anymore at this point. I'm so disgusted.

I grew up here. We built this place, theory by theory, debate by debate, laugh by laugh. And what has it become? Is it even worth saving?

Sodas, I don't think you should leave nor do I believe you should erase your posts.It's been good times my friend. I'll always remember PLE's.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 01:31 AM
Hey guys,

I don't have much of an Internet presence. I just never really had the inclination to get involved.

But I love WoT. So I went looking for a place to read and find out more about it. So all the way back in, I dunno, 2002 I joined the main website and started posting ridiculous theories. I mean down right stupid stuff. And never felt picked on over my sully stuff.
I had a "theory" posted that mat was the best character. It was up on the main page and had genuine responses from other posters. (I was like 28 when I posted that- with a good education and the theory reads like a 9 year old who likes harry from one direction!)

A while later I wanted to make better theories (never did!) and came here looking for quick responses to my inane questions. And some of them were just bad- who was amyrlin seat in x? Turns out the answer was actually a main part of new spring(which I didn't remember). But I never got ridiculed.

Even on the non - WoT board I have always been welcomed and encouraged by other posters and I have said some stupidly bad things there on occasion. But I never got destroyed by the other guys here.

Since I started posting here I have tried to always be friendly and encouraging towards other posters and have often called out things that I feel have gone over the line into "not cool" towards other posters. And every time I have the person I have "rebuked" to exaggerate what I mean has always responded positively and usually personally using the pm feature.

So earlier in the thread sodas mentioned that we are seen as being filled with hateful people and unwelcoming. (Sorry, forgot to hit quote and was too far into this block of text before I realised!).

Is this true? If it is it greatly saddens me as I find nearly every poster here to be worth my time and very welcoming. Except for Terez. Got I. ...ah, I can't even say it. I love Terez :)

And sodas, if I have ever insulted you or made you feel unwelcome on these boards I humbly apologise. That has never been my intention.

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 01:46 AM
Sodas are you saying that the general behaviour of a fansite of a fantasy series is going to trigger WW3?

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 01:49 AM
Sodas are you saying that the general behaviour of a fansite of a fantasy series is going to trigger WW3?
Once Terez assassinates the senator, the Balkans will explode in violence.

Tamyrlin
08-27-2015, 02:27 AM

But at this point - people, are dying. babies, are dying. people are being burnt alive for their beliefs. The World is on the verge of World War 3. And people want to worry about tone?

That's a conversation in and of itself. One that is being had all over the world. I'd have that conversation in private, just most people don't write me and say, "hey, what do you think about abortion, ISIS, and the state of the world". And I can't say that I have a ton of time to do those subjects justice. But I'm more hopeful than pessimistic about what the future holds for myself and my kids and their kids.

But yes I have come to believe tone always matters. That doesn't mean the tone doesn't become passionate at times.

Yeah, well, that's why I had to ask if there was something against me. I don't even get a chance to fix things.

I'm sincerely asking this, would you like me to delete the meme you included in your post in the alt account?

I'm not sure why I even care anymore at this point. I'm so disgusted.

It does surprise me that anyone cares much about this Non Wot board, considering the general concept of this particular board hasn't changed much for over a decade. But I think you care because of what you noted at the beginning. You are really feeling the worldwide shifts and they are meaningful to you in a very deep way, so anything that touches them becomes meaningful. I do respect that you are passionate about things that no longer touch on WoT...me too, but they tend to be much more internalized. I tend to look inward, and work on the self, my close relationships, my children, my neighborhood. That's where my time goes.

I grew up here. We built this place, theory by theory, debate by debate, laugh by laugh. And what has it become? Is it even worth saving?

We grew up on WoT, man. Though this place wasn't all laughs, ever, though the laughs were great. I go back and read stuff we wrote before there was ever a concept of rules on the WoT boards. I was a belligerent jerk, but I felt it so passionately. I wasn't concerned about my tone. And Theoryland remains a reflection of those days, struggling for a theory among similarly passionate weirdos. Though I get that it's meaning and significance is different for everyone, but for me it remains an idea, creation, and community. It lives outside of forums and theories, but it's history is wide and rich and deep.

It's been good times my friend. I'll always remember PLE's.

Good memories for sure...the GOI, still love that moment when RJ asked what the GOI was...I still struggle to fathom the time we spent. :)

Tamyrlin
08-27-2015, 02:56 AM
I had a "theory" posted that mat was the best character. It was up on the main page and had genuine responses from other posters. (I was like 28 when I posted that- with a good education and the theory reads like a 9 year old who likes harry from one direction!)

Hah, that's awesome. I refrain from going back and reading my theories too closely, especially the stuff I wrote in the first few years...it feels the same. Though I still feel pretty damn pleased with myself over Verin. And simultaneously embarrassed that I couldn't bring myself to just write the words Black Ajah.

So earlier in the thread sodas mentioned that we are seen as being filled with hateful people and unwelcoming. (Sorry, forgot to hit quote and was too far into this block of text before I realised!).

Is this true? If it is it greatly saddens me as I find nearly every poster here to be worth my time and very welcoming. Except for Terez. Got I. ...ah, I can't even say it. I love Terez :)

My brother once told me that he appreciated how I could watch a movie (this must have been more than twenty years ago) and come out talking about what I liked about it, because he couldn't get over what he disliked about it. Everyone will have experienced it differently.

That being said, older communities can be less welcoming, in my experience, than newer communities. Like moving into a neighborhood where everyone knows each other as compared to a new housing development where people are looking to make new friends. Just as it is different to return to a place you grew up, or to not like the way the new neighbors act. I think such experiences are comparable to our digital communities.

DahLliA
08-27-2015, 08:47 AM
I'm gone for like a week and I miss all of this? :(

Davian93
08-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Couple thoughts:

1. It was satire and it was to make a point about how ridiculous these arguments were.

2. It'll be a cold day in hell before I delete anything I posted ever so sod off, you bloody wanker.

3. What a shock that Sodas once again was full of shit when saying "all I want is a Mod to tell me they aren't anti-semites". What a shock.

If you want to go around looking for ways to be insulted, power to you. Otherwise, fuck off.

Khoram
08-27-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm gone for like a week and I miss all of this? :(

Now you know you can never leave, lest you miss out on excitement. ;)

ShadowbaneX
08-27-2015, 09:18 AM

I saw this quoted in Tam's post and I really have to say: fo you really think this is any different than any other time in human existence? Okay, sure WW3 is a bit different but the only times when humanity isn't on the verge of war is when it is at war...and the former is a bucket next to an the ocean which is the latter.

People have been burnt for their beliefs since shortly after humans started to believe in the Divine. Oh, there's another difference babies these days have a much better chance of survival these days then the did in the past. We no longer have graveyards filled with small tombstones marked as BB or BG because the babe died stillborn or just didn't survive the first year.

These are NORMAL times. The only difference is we have smartphones & wifi.

connabard
08-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Honestly I'm pretty sure Sodas is trolling at this point. At least, I have to believe that, because believing they're genuine makes me very, very depressed.

GonzoTheGreat
08-27-2015, 09:47 AM
If you want to go around looking for ways to be insulted, power to you.
People actually have to look for that? :eek:

People have been burnt for their beliefs since shortly after humans started to believe in the Divine.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on which came first: religion or control of fire. If religion was first, then even after fire was invented people would've been safe for a long time, since the right then at the time wouldn't have wanted anything to do with that newfangled "cooking" and such.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
3. What a shock that Sodas once again was full of shit when saying "all I want is a Mod to tell me they aren't anti-semites". What a shock.
Lol.

I propose giving Sodas a new title, to reflect his invaluable contributions to the community.

Something like 'Senior Member'.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 12:40 PM
nm

ShadowbaneX
08-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Pretty sure fire came first. If it didn't there's always volcanos.

rand
08-27-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm going to drop a hint to the FBI for that assassination comment.
Wish granted. The FBI starts a massive manhunt for Terez, but they accidentally and inexplicably show up at your house and arrest you.

I wish I could be fully recovered from pneumonia by tomorrow.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Wish granted. The FBI starts a massive manhunt for Terez, but they accidentally and inexplicably show up at your house and arrest you.

But Terez is a woman. Is that why the hunt goes badly?

fdsaf3
08-27-2015, 04:57 PM

Wish granted. Congrats, now you have leukemia!

edit:

I wish my band could get a gig. :(

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Wish granted. Congrats, now you have leukemia!

edit:

I wish my band could get a gig. :(

Oooh wish corruption.

Wish granted your gig is at a redneck bar where they throw bottles at you if you don't play country music from 40 years ago.

I wish more people would post on my birthday thread.

rand
08-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Oooh wish corruption.

Wish granted your gig is at a redneck bar where they throw bottles at you if you don't play country music from 40 years ago.

I wish more people would post on my birthday thread.

Wish granted. All the bots that join the site daily will be over shortly to offer you some Viagra.

I wish I didn't work at a grocery store.

Khoram
08-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Wish granted. All the bots that join the site daily will be over shortly to offer you some Viagra.

Granted. You now work in retail, with the worst customers imaginable.

I wish my future wasn't determined by an incompetent Conservative government calling early elections.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 05:13 PM

Wish granted. Your store was robbed and burned to the ground. Now you're unemployed.

I wish I was taller.

Edit: dammit Khoram!

Khoram
08-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Wish granted. Your store was robbed and burned to the ground. Now you're unemployed.

I wish I was taller.

Edit: dammit Khoram!

:D Maybe your wish should be that you're quicker than me. :p

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 05:18 PM

Meh- I really do wish I was taller!

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 05:19 PM

Don't tempt me like that! The "Wish granted but it only applies to orgasms" corruption is just too damn easy.

Khoram
08-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Don't tempt me like that! The "Wish granted but it only applies to orgasms" corruption is just too damn easy.

Too bad nobody actually wished it. :D

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Granted. You now work in retail, with the worst customers imaginable.

I wish my future wasn't determined by an incompetent Conservative government calling early elections.

Granted. The Americans invade. Now you are American.

I wish I was taller.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey guys,

I don't have much of an Internet presence. I just never really had the inclination to get involved.

But I love WoT. So I went looking for a place to read and find out more about it. So all the way back in, I dunno, 2002 I joined the main website and started posting ridiculous theories. I mean down right stupid stuff. And never felt picked on over my sully stuff.

A while later I wanted to make better theories (never did!) and came here looking for quick responses to my inane questions. And some of them were just bad- who was amyrlin seat in x? Turns out the answer was actually a main part of new spring(which I didn't remember). But I never got ridiculed.

Even on the non - WoT board I have always been welcomed and encouraged by other posters and I have said some stupidly bad things there on occasion. But I never got destroyed by the other guys here.

Since I started posting here I have tried to always be friendly and encouraging towards other posters and have often called out things that I feel have gone over the line into "not cool" towards other posters. And every time I have the person I have "rebuked" to exaggerate what I mean has always responded positively and usually personally using the pm feature.

Is this true?

You don't have to believe me, here is another example posted here years ago:

http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6159&highlight=goodbye+TL

And sodas, if I have ever insulted you or made you feel unwelcome on these boards I humbly apologise. That has never been my intention.

Thank you. No, you have not. I appreciate the candor - and the fact that there are people here for the intellectual discourse.

That's what drew me here in the late 90's. I enjoyed the back and forth - it pushed me to question my understanding of what I was reading, better argue and support my points, and be able to handle disbelief in my theories.

A good example?

http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2316&highlight=taim+seal

Ah, good times. Few believed me then about the body swap idea - most baselessly - but did that stop me? No. I didn't get upset. I just refined my idea.

Sodas
08-27-2015, 05:34 PM
That's a conversation in and of itself. One that is being had all over the world. I'd have that conversation in private, just most people don't write me and say, "hey, what do you think about abortion, ISIS, and the state of the world". And I can't say that I have a ton of time to do those subjects justice. But I'm more hopeful than pessimistic about what the future holds for myself and my kids and their kids.

Send me an email then sometime.

But yes I have come to believe tone always matters. That doesn't mean the tone doesn't become passionate at times.

Fair enough.

I'm sincerely asking this, would you like me to delete the meme you included in your post in the alt account?

Yes, please.

It does surprise me that anyone cares much about this Non Wot board, considering the general concept of this particular board hasn't changed much for over a decade. But I think you care because of what you noted at the beginning. You are really feeling the worldwide shifts and they are meaningful to you in a very deep way, so anything that touches them becomes meaningful. I do respect that you are passionate about things that no longer touch on WoT...me too, but they tend to be much more internalized. I tend to look inward, and work on the self, my close relationships, my children, my neighborhood. That's where my time goes.

I can't argue against that. If it's time to move on to bigger and more important things, so be it. I've said my peace- got my point across. It's up to everyone here to do with it as they may.

We grew up on WoT, man. Though this place wasn't all laughs, ever, though the laughs were great. I go back and read stuff we wrote before there was ever a concept of rules on the WoT boards. I was a belligerent jerk, but I felt it so passionately. I wasn't concerned about my tone. And Theoryland remains a reflection of those days, struggling for a theory among similarly passionate weirdos. Though I get that it's meaning and significance is different for everyone, but for me it remains an idea, creation, and community. It lives outside of forums and theories, but it's history is wide and rich and deep.

Lol. I didn't think you were that bad.

Good memories for sure...the GOI, still love that moment when RJ asked what the GOI was...I still struggle to fathom the time we spent. :)

Yes, well, I think after that point he decided to check in on us here just to make sure we weren't planning any cult rituals for him. I think some of his quotes, and I don't have them on hand, lent the idea that he visited TL at least once.

RIP RJ.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 05:47 PM
I think some of his quotes, and I don't have them on hand, lent the idea that he visited TL at least once.

Yes, I think we all remember that famous quote of his "thats a good question. I guess you'll have to...Read and find out....and over at that website that guy daekyras seems like a cool dude. He seems like a well hung peace maker. Just saying."

:)

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Too bad nobody actually wished it. :D

Yes because the follow up of the granting being very impressive seeing how quick you are in that department was damn obvious too. Might have gotten further than that with all that viagra I'm getting from my corrupted wish.

Khoram
08-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Yes because the follow up of the granting being very impressive seeing how quick you are in that department was damn obvious too. Might have gotten further than that with all that viagra I'm getting from my corrupted wish.

Yeah... I'm still young, so I don't have that problem. :p

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah... I'm still young, so I don't have that problem. :p

But we could have made some pretty good comedy from it.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 06:26 PM
But we could have made some pretty good comedy from it.

Fine. Sigh. I wish I was faster than Khoram.

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Fine. Sigh. I wish I was faster than Khoram.

I'm not sure it'll be the same, but: Wish granted, but it only applies to orgasms.

I wish someone follows the script from here.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure it'll be the same, but: Wish granted, but it only applies to orgasms.

I wish someone follows the script from here.

Granted. Voilà un exploit car il est très rapide sur le tirage au sort.

I wish i was taller. Someone make me taller Damn you!

Nazbaque
08-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Granted. Voilà un exploit car il est très rapide sur le tirage au sort.

I wish i was taller. Someone make me taller Damn you!

Oooh you did it in French. Classy.

Your wish is granted you are taller by one millimetre.

I wish someone can come up with a clever way to bring up the viagra cause I've got nothing.

Khoram
08-27-2015, 07:20 PM

I wish someone can come up with a clever way to bring up the viagra cause I've got nothing.

The Viagra's doing that for you. That's what it's for.

I wish I was a great chef.

Daekyras
08-27-2015, 07:24 PM

Granted. Because you have "nothing" the Viagra does not help you at all and your new nickname is "theorylands official ken doll". Smooth.

I wish I could create a world free of conflict.

Edit: dammit Khoram! !!

Khoram
08-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Granted. Because you have "nothing" the Viagra does not help you at all and your new nickname is "theorylands official ken doll". Smooth.

XD

Third time's the charm, Daek. :p

Zombie Sammael
08-27-2015, 08:43 PM

Granted. There is now nothing to discuss on Theoryland.

I wish I was back in bed.

Southpaw2012
08-27-2015, 09:15 PM

Do you read Southpaw's shit? Do you not see the casual racism he betrays with his word choice and choice of topics? Do you notice how he's still allowed to post? Do you notice how many people would rather he post more? Censorship is never the answer to even real hate speech. Thoughtful engagement is.

Casual racism? You're a dumbass and part of the liberal disease of thinking anyone who disagrees is a racist. I have many people who could vouch that I'm far from being a racist.

Durvasha
08-27-2015, 09:41 PM
Casual racism? You're a dumbass and part of the liberal disease of thinking anyone who disagrees is a racist. I have many people who could vouch that I'm far from being a racist.

I can say "all ... are dumb", and still have many people who vouch I am not resist.

Terez
08-27-2015, 10:20 PM
What he's trying to say is, he has black friends. Of course, Dylann Roof had black friends...

Khoram
08-27-2015, 10:32 PM
Granted. There is now nothing to discuss on Theoryland.

I wish I was back in bed.

Done. It is, however, your death bed.

I wish I could read people's minds.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 11:13 PM
I wish I could read people's minds.
Done. However, you can now read mine. The incomprehensible horrors you now perceive drive you to suicide.

I wish we colonized the rest of the solar system.

The Unreasoner
08-27-2015, 11:24 PM
What he's trying to say is, he has black friends. Of course, Dylann Roof had black friends...
Lol

Have we seen you threaten to kill a US Senator yet? I thought he found that quote.

Isabel
08-27-2015, 11:45 PM
You coming out to JordanCon next year?

If i can afford it, yes:)
And you?

Terez
08-28-2015, 12:25 AM
Lol

Have we seen you threaten to kill a US Senator yet? I thought he found that quote.
I think I have a vague memory of him having brought this up before. It was nothing, and I explained how it was nothing, and he ignored me as usual, except I think he posted something about it on his blog which only Naz was bored enough to trudge through.

Zombie Sammael
08-28-2015, 07:35 AM
I think I have a vague memory of him having brought this up before. It was nothing, and I explained how it was nothing, and he ignored me as usual, except I think he posted something about it on his blog which only Naz was bored enough to trudge through.

It's not for want of trying. I just can't get through the first couple of lines. It's like trying to read Tad Williams.

Daekyras
08-28-2015, 08:05 AM
It's not for want of trying. I just can't get through the first couple of lines. It's like trying to read Tad Williams.

My tip on reading memory sorrow and thorn is: skip the dragonbone chair and begin with stone of farewell. There is a synopsis of dragonbone that makes it sound like the most exciting book ever. The rest of the series is not bad (until the end).

And I hope tankspill doesn't read this.

Actually, I do hope he reads it. He was an interesting poster.

ShadowbaneX
08-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Translation:

Pot (as played by Southpaw) to Kettle (as played by the Unreasoner): "You're black!"

Zombie Sammael
08-28-2015, 10:34 AM
Translation:

Pot (as played by Southpaw) to Kettle (as played by the Unreasoner): "You're black!"

That's a bit racist.

GonzoTheGreat
08-28-2015, 11:16 AM
That's a bit racist.
Maybe it's anti-Semitic instead. Hard to tell, sometimes, for a European like me.

The Unreasoner
08-28-2015, 11:36 AM
Maybe it's anti-Semitic instead. Hard to tell, sometimes, for a European like me.
Just to be safe, I think we should forward this entire thread to the ADL and the NAACP.

connabard
08-28-2015, 11:48 AM

Well to be perfectly honest, anti-Semitism is more often than not rooted in racism, and are usually one and the same.

Frenzy
08-28-2015, 01:08 PM

Can somebody rep ZS for me? It won't let me...

Frenzy
08-28-2015, 01:13 PM
I wish we colonized the rest of the solar system.

Granted. Each colony unfortunately has a loud contingent of butthurt wankers espousing traditional "us vs. them" mentalities who eventually seize control for the good of the children, and they all eventually nuke each other into oblivion.

i wish the nanobots who succeed us get along with the cockroaches.

ShadowbaneX
08-28-2015, 01:22 PM
That's a bit racist.

Yeah...that seems to be going around these days.

The Unreasoner
08-28-2015, 01:25 PM
Can somebody rep ZS for me? It won't let me...
got it

Daekyras
08-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Granted. Each colony unfortunately has a loud contingent of butthurt wankers espousing traditional "us vs. them" mentalities who eventually seize control for the good of the children, and they all eventually nuke each other into oblivion.

i wish the nanobots who succeed us get along with the cockroaches.

Granted. The nanobots and cockroaches get along amazingly. They learn from each other but become so intertwined that they begin to try and interbreed. This, of course leads to the eventual extinction of the cockroach. A shame, they survived nukes but couldn't survive the only thing more devastating...The power of love.

I wish battlestar galacticas ending didn't duck.

Khoram
08-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Granted. The nanobots and cockroaches get along amazingly. They learn from each other but become so intertwined that they begin to try and interbreed. This, of course leads to the eventual extinction of the cockroach. A shame, they survived nukes but couldn't survive the only thing more devastating...The power of love.

I wish battlestar galacticas ending didn't duck.

It didn't. It took a nuke straight to the face.

I wish I could be a superhero.

Daekyras
08-28-2015, 02:02 PM
It didn't. It took a nuke straight to the face.

I wish I could be a superhero.

Damn you autocorrect! !!!

Frenzy
08-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Damn you autocorrect! !!!

Yah, autocorrect should've figured out by now that i do not nor have i ever given a flying duck....

Tamyrlin
08-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Send me an email then sometime.

Private message me the best one to use these days.

Yes, please.

That image has been deleted from your post.

Lol. I didn't think you were that bad.

This tempts me to go find some fun examples.

Yes, well, I think after that point he decided to check in on us here just to make sure we weren't planning any cult rituals for him. I think some of his quotes, and I don't have them on hand, lent the idea that he visited TL at least once.
RIP RJ.

IIRC, I was told that he knew about us and had visited the site.

Khoram
08-29-2015, 10:05 AM
Yah, autocorrect should've figured out by now that i do not nor have i ever given a flying duck....

A flying squirrel, on the other hand... :rolleyes:

GonzoTheGreat
08-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Of course, autocorrect is just a typo for autocrat, so it does make sense that it's ignoring your wishes.

Daekyras
04-27-2016, 09:24 AM
This thread was a lot of fun to read through.