PDA

View Full Version : The Martian...

Davian93
08-31-2015, 09:41 AM
Solid, quick read. If you liked that scene in Apollo 13 where they go "We need to make this fit into the hole for this using nothing but that", you'll like this book. Not completely accurate from a scientific perspective apparently but still a fun read.

Daekyras
08-31-2015, 09:45 AM
Solid, quick read. If you liked that scene in Apollo 13 where they go "We need to make this fit into the hole for this using nothing but that", you'll like this book. Not completely accurate from a scientific perspective apparently but still a fun read.

I enjoyed it. Very quick as you said. He could do with a bit of fleshing out as a character but other than that it is very good.

Film looks sweet too.

Davian93
08-31-2015, 10:22 AM
I enjoyed it. Very quick as you said. He could do with a bit of fleshing out as a character but other than that it is very good.

Film looks sweet too.

Yeah, I read it in 2 days (a few hours each day basically). A fun short read. It definitely could have been fleshed out quite a bit but still a fun quick read. The movie does look very good.

Mort
09-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah, read it. Pretty great. I look forward to the movie.

Figbiscuit
09-29-2015, 09:39 AM
In an extremely rare occurrence, I am going to see this film tomorrow evening.

Jeezy
02-10-2016, 06:38 AM
I enjoyed it. Very quick as you said. He could do with a bit of fleshing out as a 3 week diet pdf document (https://skinnyexpress.com/the-3-week-diet-review) character but other than that it is very good.

Film looks sweet too.

I got this for Christmas, still haven't read it yet but I've heard it's pretty good. They made a movie about this with Matt Damon right?

Figbiscuit
02-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Correct. It was a good film, if you like a feel good, happy go lucky sci-fi film, probably loose on science but high on entertainment. Which I did.