PDA

View Full Version : KS Declares Zombie Preparedness Month...

Davian93
09-29-2015, 07:18 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/news/government-politics/article36854715.html

Hmm...what does Gov Brownback know that we don't?

This is totally not a way to distract from his disastrous policies by tapping into a popular fictional subject at all...AT ALL.

Nazbaque
09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
"Make a disaster kit, have a plan and practice" he says. The only way to be sure to survive a zombie apocalypse is to have a harem of Japanese high school girls with swords and big boobs. Those don't exactly grow on trees.

GonzoTheGreat
09-30-2015, 02:44 AM
The swords can undoubtedly be purchased in Walmart. The rest ... well, it is Kansas, which is the Training Ground for the Land of Oz. So I do not see your objection as a really serious issue.

Nazbaque
09-30-2015, 03:10 AM
The swords can undoubtedly be purchased in Walmart. The rest ... well, it is Kansas, which is the Training Ground for the Land of Oz. So I do not see your objection as a really serious issue.

If Oz could provide a harem of big boobed Japanese high school girls no one would say "there's no place like home"

GonzoTheGreat
09-30-2015, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure either Dorothy or Toto would've been really into that.

Nazbaque
09-30-2015, 03:50 AM
I'm not sure either Dorothy or Toto would've been really into that.

That's what the harem nanny character is for. Way better than home.

Khoram
09-30-2015, 03:53 PM
What other Highschool of the Dead tropes can we include? They also have to be extremely effective with firearms, be top-of-the-class students (well, some)... :rolleyes:

Nazbaque
09-30-2015, 07:10 PM
What other Highschool of the Dead tropes can we include? They also have to be extremely effective with firearms, be top-of-the-class students (well, some)... :rolleyes:

The HOTD isn't a proper harem though. There is no trap character. That's why they are ultimately doomed and the series is on hiatus as the creators argue over adding the trap character and saving the world or leaving him out and dooming the world to make a philosophical point.

Rand al'Fain
09-30-2015, 07:26 PM
The HOTD isn't a proper harem though. There is no trap character. That's why they are ultimately doomed and the series is on hiatus as the creators argue over adding the trap character and saving the world or leaving him out and dooming the world to make a philosophical point.

They'll just make the trap a sentient zombie trap that has certain eccentricities and gets into awkward situations with the MC.

Khoram
09-30-2015, 07:37 PM
Sentient zombies... So like people who follow Trump? :p Or do they even classify as sentient?

Nazbaque
09-30-2015, 07:38 PM
They'll just make the trap a sentient zombie trap that has certain eccentricities and gets into awkward situations with the MC.

Now that I didn't think of. I was expecting they'd get around it by having Takashi cross dress at some point.

Zombie Sammael
10-02-2015, 02:06 AM
Sentient zombies... So like people who follow Trump? :p Or do they even classify as sentient?

More racism, and I bet the mods will do nothing about it. *sigh*

GonzoTheGreat
10-02-2015, 03:32 AM
Was it racism or was it anti-Sammaeism?
I think we need an American to rule on that; they seem to be the only ones capable of spotting the distinction.

As an aside: from this thread I learned a (for me) new meaning for the word "trap". I wonder how many more such surprises Japan still has waiting for us.

Nazbaque
10-02-2015, 06:40 AM
As an aside: from this thread I learned a (for me) new meaning for the word "trap". I wonder how many more such surprises Japan still has waiting for us.

Why Gonzo, do I detect curiosity for the wonderful world of manga and anime?

GonzoTheGreat
10-02-2015, 07:50 AM
Why Gonzo, do I detect curiosity for the wonderful world of manga and anime?
Based on what I've seen from the Japanese, manga and anime are less surprising than some of the other things they come up with. Some of those things fall firmly in the "things Man wasn't meant to know" category, so I am not quite sure that "curiosity" is a good description for my attitude.

Nazbaque
10-02-2015, 08:04 AM
Based on what I've seen from the Japanese, manga and anime are less surprising than some of the other things they come up with. Some of those things fall firmly in the "things Man wasn't meant to know" category, so I am not quite sure that "curiosity" is a good description for my attitude.

Well pretty much everything Japanese come up with ends up in manga and anime one way or another so you are in error there possibly by lack of experience.

It's true that some of the stuff is not for the faint of heart such as the concept of netorare. But then there is also stuff like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8COgoI-dI)

Khoram
10-02-2015, 08:06 AM

I'm not racist! See? *pulls a zombie out from the cellar* Joe here is a close friend of mine. You can't call me racist if I have a zombie as a close friend!

*shoves Joe back in the cellar*

GonzoTheGreat
10-02-2015, 08:17 AM
But then there is also stuff like this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8COgoI-dI)
That sounds like something from the Eurovision Song Contest. Are you sure it's Japanese?

Nazbaque
10-02-2015, 08:42 AM
That sounds like something from the Eurovision Song Contest. Are you sure it's Japanese?

You have no musical taste if you compare Kokia-sama to euruvision. But it is most definitely Japanese.

yks 6nnetu hing
10-02-2015, 08:57 AM
You have no musical taste if you compare Kokia-sama to euruvision. But it is most definitely Japanese.

this aimed at someone who quotes Britney Spears for life lessons.

Naz, meet Gonzo ;)

seriously though, people think weird things are "music"

Nazbaque
10-02-2015, 09:10 AM
this aimed at someone who quotes Britney Spears for life lessons.

Naz, meet Gonzo ;)

seriously though, people think weird things are "music"

Now yks would I be me if I didn't throw such things at gonzo even knowing full well what he is in terms of musical taste. Sometimes things need to be said.

GonzoTheGreat
10-02-2015, 11:08 AM
If you did a careful study of the ESC entries through the years, then you would find that it is the ESC which has no taste. Plenty of fashions, of course, and occasionally a song that is actually reasonable*, but no taste.

* Or even better. However, I'll admit that this particular Japanese music didn't sound like ABBA.