PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Non WoT Discussion

Tamyrlin
10-22-2015, 11:57 AM
Since questions and concerns about this forum come up from time to time, some clarification of a few things pertaining to Non Wot would be welcome.

Wot Moderators: Chosen

I thought this was well known: the five Mods who handle the Wheel of Time related forums are not responsible for Non Wot and Non Wot related moderation. That falls to Nae'blis, and at times that falls to me. It has been this way since the dawn of this particular forum category. The Wot Mods are fulfilling the duties we gave them. If you would like to see something work differently on the Wot related forums, respectfully offer up your time and energy to the Mods.

About Non Wot Moderation

We've taken a mostly hands off approach for over fifteen years to Non Wot and will likely continue to do so. Please don't use that as an excuse to be assholes to one another.

Nae'blis has the thankless job of watching over the Non WoT related forums, tackling spam (fun times), and jumping in when necessary to put out the fires. As Smokey Bear says, only you can prevent forum fires. Yes you.

GonzoTheGreat
10-22-2015, 12:33 PM
As Smokey Bear says, only you can prevent forum fires. Yes you.
Where there's smoke, there is fire. So should we go bear hunting now? That's not really easy for me; the nearest wild bears live hundreds of kilometers away, in other countries (Sweden and such).

Daekyras
10-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Where there's smoke, there is fire. So should we go bear hunting now? That's not really easy for me; the nearest wild bears live hundreds of kilometers away, in other countries (Sweden and such).

No way. For two reasons.

1. Wild Bears are noble and beautiful creatures.

2. Too much work.

Let's go hunting the bears in zoos. It's much more fun. Those guys are like sitting ducks. Speaking of which- most zoos have penguins so we can hunt those bad boys too. :)

Rand al'Fain
10-23-2015, 07:56 PM
No way. For two reasons.

2. Too much work.

Let's go hunting the bears in zoos. It's much more fun. Those guys are like sitting ducks. Speaking of which- most zoos have penguins so we can hunt those bad boys too. :)

Noble?
http://ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bear-invade-campsite.jpg

GonzoTheGreat
10-24-2015, 03:14 AM
Noble?
http://ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bear-invade-campsite.jpg
Seems a proto-typical robber-baron to me. And if barons aren't nobility, then who is?

Nazbaque
10-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Seems a proto-typical robber-baron to me. And if barons aren't nobility, then who is?

Dukes, earls, counts. Barons are actually pretty low on the nobility rankings.

GonzoTheGreat
10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Dukes, earls, counts. Barons are actually pretty low on the nobility rankings.
Which does mean that they're noble, so that's settled.

Nazbaque
10-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Which does mean that they're noble, so that's settled.

Well yes they are, but the phrase "if that isn't (insert noun), then what is" is used to discribe something at the very top. And the higher ranking nobility might well regard barons as some sort of wannabe nobility.

GonzoTheGreat
10-25-2015, 03:58 AM
Well yes they are, but the phrase "if that isn't (insert noun), then what is" is used to discribe something at the very top. And the higher ranking nobility might well regard barons as some sort of wannabe nobility.
That's what king John thought too, but then the barons forced him to sign the Magna Carta.

Nazbaque
10-25-2015, 05:57 AM
That's what king John thought too, but then the barons forced him to sign the Magna Carta.

Then he wasn't much of a king now was he.

Kimon
10-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Then he wasn't much of a king now was he.

Neither was his brother. It's odd that history has largely just condemned John and not Richard. But Richard's idiotic decision to join in the Crusades along with his costly captivity and ransoming at the hands of erstwhile allies (Leopold of Austria and the Holy Roman Emperor) bankrupted England and allowed Philip of France to reconquer all of the French lands lost to their father, Henry II, who ruled almost all of France in addition to England and Wales. That loss was far more costly than the loss in prestige to the crown from the Magna Carta. But most of us only really seem to know of the two sons from their associations with Robin Hood and Ivanhoe, and so give Richard a pass.

Figbiscuit
10-26-2015, 05:42 AM
No way. For two reasons.

2. Too much work.

:eek: