PDA

View Full Version : The Force Awakens

rand
12-16-2015, 01:18 AM
I won't get a chance to see it until Tuesday, but who else is going to see it? The trailers have all looked good IMO, and the initial reactions from the premiere were almost all extremely positive. Most people seem to agree it's the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back, and some have even said its the second best behind Empire (not that it's exactly a great feat to be a better movie than Return of the Jedi or the Prequels--it's still encouraging, though).

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for it. It just sucks I have to wait a week.

Davian93
12-16-2015, 08:31 AM
97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

So hopefully its pretty good. Out of 110 critics, only 3 didn't like it.

Frenzy
12-16-2015, 07:43 PM
yah, got tickets to go on Tuesday as well. So i'll be going on social media hiatus for a few days...

ShadowbaneX
12-17-2015, 10:20 AM
I start my vacation tomorrow and will be taking off at noon to go see it with the parents...I can't remember last movie I went to see with them...more shocking: MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO SEE STAR WARS!

Davian93
12-17-2015, 10:50 AM
I will be sitting in the theater to see it in 8 hrs, 10 min...

GonzoTheGreat
12-17-2015, 12:21 PM
I start my vacation tomorrow and will be taking off at noon to go see it with the parents...I can't remember last movie I went to see with them...more shocking: MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO SEE STAR WARS!
They probably liked the prequels.

Daekyras
12-17-2015, 01:05 PM
Saw it.
Loved it.
Anything else I say would be a spoiler.

ShadowbaneX
12-17-2015, 05:18 PM
They probably liked the prequels.

They never saw the prequels.

GonzoTheGreat
12-18-2015, 05:01 AM
They never saw the prequels.
Jedi hand wave: "this is not the prequel you were thinking of (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/American_Graffiti)".

Khoram
12-18-2015, 09:47 AM
Saw it last night in IMAX 3D. I love seeing movies before the "official" release date. AND, surprisingly enough, there were very few people there. I guess that's partially because the theater I went to doesn't do the presale of tickets. All the better for me.

When I asked my dad to list the order in which he enjoyed the movies, he put it second to Empire. Which is crazy.