PDA

View Full Version : It is finished

Khoram
01-08-2016, 10:56 AM
It's done. Tuesday, around 2 pm, I received a call from the recruiting centre. They offered me a job. But they didn't offer me a job as a pilot; instead, the offered me a job as an Aerospace Control Officer. Now, this was my second choice, so it wasn't coming out of nowhere. It WAS a little disappointing not to receive an offer for pilot, which is why I asked to take some time to decide whether I would accept the offer or not.

I spent a lot of time these past few days discerning, and talking to people close to me: family, friends, coworkers. They were all excited for me, especially my dad. XD It didn't make the decision any easier; what made it even more difficult was the fact I had passed everything in Trenton, and had been told by the medical staff that there was nothing medical that would keep me from flying for the military. I guess I just got my hopes up.

But then, thinking it over, and even during my time in Trenton, something wormed its way into my head: a thought that maybe taking this job would be a pretty cool experience. There's a lot I can do, from air traffic control to Aerospace weapons defense, working with NORAD to protect North American skies. And there's still a possibility of my switching out and going to pilot later on down the road, although I will definitely have to retest in Trenton.

So I did it. I called up the recruiting centre, and accepted the job offer. I'll still be around, but only until May 21, when BMOQ starts. That only ends on August 26, so I'll be gone for 14 weeks instead of 15.

It's going to be one hell of a ride.

Ivhon
01-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Love how you handled this! Congrats!

Brita
01-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Wow- congrats :). What an accomplishment. And thanks for sharing a little insight into the process, it is fascinating.

Isabel
01-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Congrats:)

Nazbaque
01-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Congrats on this and good luck for May to August.

Daekyras
01-09-2016, 04:23 AM
Congrats!

What will you be doing as an Aerospace Control Officer?

Most importantly, will you get to be mean to the pilots? Or give them sass talk?

GonzoTheGreat
01-09-2016, 06:11 AM
What will you be doing as an Aerospace Control Officer?
Controlling air and space, obviously. Why do you even need to ask?

Khoram
01-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Controlling air and space, obviously. Why do you even need to ask?

Yes. I'll have a monopoly on all air and space. If you're nice to me I'll give you guys all a discount. ;)

Essentially, I'll be an air traffic controller. Or maybe I will be the head Santa tracker for NORAD. XD

I could even be working with drones, even flying them.

And yes, Daek. I will be able to give all the sass to the pilots. They can't really do much without me telling them what to do, and where to go, now can they? ;)

The Unreasoner
01-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Well I, for one, feel safer.

Congrats.

Khoram
01-10-2016, 10:13 AM
Well I, for one, feel safer.

Congrats.

Safer because I'm not in a plane? :p

Nazbaque
01-10-2016, 10:16 AM
Safer because I'm not in a plane? :p

Well how are you supposed to defend his virtue if you are busy flying a plane?

Daekyras
01-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Yes. I'll have a monopoly on all air and space. If you're nice to me I'll give you guys all a discount. ;)

Essentially, I'll be an air traffic controller. Or maybe I will be the head Santa tracker for NORAD. XD

I could even be working with drones, even flying them.

And yes, Daek. I will be able to give all the sass to the pilots. They can't really do much without me telling them what to do, and where to go, now can they? ;)

Man, I hope you get the chance to fly.

But messing around with pilots might be fun too.

Pilot "Tower, we are requesting a fly by"

Khoram "go fuck yourself"

Ah, im too sick to even attempt to be witty.

Best of luck Khoram!

Nazbaque
01-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Well it can be pretty painful having your tower stuck in a fly.

ShadowbaneX
01-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Congrats Khoram!

Is this a Commissioned job? Is there a chance you can transfer down the line and become a pilot?

Frenzy
01-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Congrats Khoram!!! Still sounds like one hell of a ride :D

Man, I hope you get the chance to fly.

But messing around with pilots might be fun too.

Pilot "Tower, we are requesting a fly by"

Khoram "go fuck yourself"

omg please do this at some point!! you can even blame me if you do.

Khoram
01-10-2016, 02:51 PM
Congrats Khoram!!! Still sounds like one hell of a ride :D

omg please do this at some point!! you can even blame me if you do.

Lol I'll see what I can do. ;)

And yeah, it's a commissioned position, SBX. After I complete BMOQ, I'll be commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. I'm pretty sure I can transfer down the line, although it may be pointless if I end up going senior officer. AECs have a greater opportunity to advance in the ranks.

Not that I'm saying that I wouldn't take the opportunity if it presented itself. ;)

ShadowbaneX
01-10-2016, 06:19 PM
I meant transfer to flight school or something that gets you airborne.

Khoram
01-10-2016, 06:51 PM
I meant transfer to flight school or something that gets you airborne.

Well, I can just get my private license later on, but that isn't as interesting as flying for the military. ;)

I'll see what I can do - maybe I'll get a chance to work with the States and go up in an AWAC, although I don't know if they're still using them.

DahLliA
01-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Congrats! :D