PDA

View Full Version : Time dilation

Daekyras
01-22-2016, 06:21 AM
Not connected to the series but in relation to us readers.

Anyone else find themselve literally flying through the books when you do a re-read now?

I think I went theough the shadow rising in a total of about nine hours last weekend. Obviouslt I was subconciously skipping things but it was a completely enjoyable experience.

GonzoTheGreat
01-22-2016, 07:27 AM
Just today, I noticed how quickly I (re-)read pages in Berserker, which is part of another series (by Fred Saberhagen). Does that count?

Daekyras
01-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Of course!

Khoram
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
I was going through fairly quickly, but I really haven't been reading much lately, so I'm still on tFoH. XD

Daekyras
01-22-2016, 05:35 PM
I was going through fairly quickly, but I really haven't been reading much lately, so I'm still on tFoH. XD

Which, as any sane person will tell you, is the highlight of the series and possibly the single best fantasy novel ever written.

Khoram
01-22-2016, 07:20 PM
Which, as any sane person will tell you, is the highlight of the series and possibly the single best fantasy novel ever written.

Which is clearly why I'm taking my time. :rolleyes:

Weiramon
01-25-2016, 12:40 PM

Aye, when the gleemen recount tales of Tarmon Gai'don, the introduction of a certain Noble, detailing his prowess in battle, will be the crowning moment.

Figbiscuit
03-08-2016, 07:32 AM
I've noticed I've flown through the final three books, which I think partly is because the POV's jump around so quickly.

Is that Brandon's way of showing everything in real time?