PDA

View Full Version : Hypocritical pansies

Southpaw2012
03-24-2016, 09:55 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/24/someone-wrote-trump-2016-on-emorys-campus-in-chalk-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/

Liberal students continue to bitch about their "mental anguish" and fear that they have while on college campuses. What about the fear, true fear, that people, such as my sister, had while the hate group Black Lives Matter threatened people all over Mizzou campus? Hypocritical pansies.

Nazbaque
03-24-2016, 11:11 PM
Southpaw do you ever think of anyone as an individual?

The Unreasoner
03-25-2016, 12:52 AM
Bizzarely, I actually somewhat agree with Southpaw here. I think a lot of outrage culture is just attention seeming nonsense. And I would agree fully in this particular case, if it were not for the (albeit anecdotal) evidence that special care was taken to put the Trump things up where they would elicit a reaction such as this.

That being said, calling BLM a hate group is ridiculous. The sheer number of police killings of young black men (or children, like Tamir Rice, a twelve year old boy with a airsoft gun in a park, killed 2 seconds after cops arrived on the scene. With no one around him that he could reasonably be thought to be threatening. In an open carry state. With the 911 caller saying the gun was probably fake.), the cops sabotaging their body cameras (intentionally, and it's documented), and the bullshit black people have to deal with every day (like that rolling cop manhandling a teenage girl in a bikini who was a member at the pool. Or the cop who raped tons of black women for years. Or the fact that the DAs apparently think they work for the fucking defense when presenting cases to the grand jury); it's entirely possible that they would be angry. Is every single grievance justified? Probably not. But I expect the percentage of them that are legitimate is far higher than the one for Southpaw's own complaints. The fact that your sister felt threatened merely because they were 'black and angry' confirms my suspicion that your parents are low class racist garbage. And the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. So now a retarded, bigoted parrot who probably majored in something idiots favor like business, poli sci, or interdisciplinary hypocrisy complains that people are complaining that their feelings are hurt or are being threatened. When he himself feels under attack when people point out his obvious racism.

Look, it's probably not your fault that you became racist. Your dad's probably a piece of shit. But it is your fault you still are. And I'm warning you: if, God-forbid, you actually become a prosecutor, you'd better not throw the case if you are tasked with seeking justice in a police killing of an unarmed black man. Because I'm going to JordanCon, and I'll get your name. And I'll go after your entire family, and out them for the racist pieces of shit they are.

The Unreasoner
03-25-2016, 12:56 AM
Exodus 34:6-7 “The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation.”

I thought you'd appreciate my literal interpretation of the Holy Book.

Terez
03-25-2016, 04:34 AM
Bizzarely, I actually somewhat agree with Southpaw here.
It's not bizarre; from what I see on social media, literally no one sympathizes with these people. So this has become more a story of rightwing outrage culture than anything else.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 06:37 AM
It's not bizarre; from what I see on social media, literally no one sympathizes with these people. So this has become more a story of rightwing outrage culture than anything else.

OMG, did you see that Obama went to a baseball game with Commies while Belgium was attacked. Then he had the gall to go DANCING while the follow-up investigation was occurring? WHERE DOES HE GET OFF????

Frenzy
03-25-2016, 09:53 AM
i'm confused. is this a "darkies suck" post or "kids these days are shit" post?

Davian93
03-25-2016, 09:55 AM

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/clashofclans/images/c/ce/Why_not_both%3F.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130824200436

Nazbaque
03-25-2016, 10:58 AM

I thought southpaw was refering to himself with the "hypocritical pansies" expression. Him and his sister being afraid of BLM when Trump extremists are a much bigger deal.

Terez
03-25-2016, 12:12 PM
Well, what do you know...

http://www.snopes.com/emory-students-trump-graffiti/

Ivhon
03-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Well, what do you know...

http://www.snopes.com/emory-students-trump-graffiti/

Cue: "Snopes is a left-wing propoganda site with no credibility"

Terez
03-25-2016, 01:10 PM
You forgot "owned by George Soros".

Davian93
03-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I, for one, am shocked that the right wing would make up something that sounds utterly outrageous to get their base riled up....SHOCKED.

ShadowbaneX
03-25-2016, 01:56 PM

Haha. Ivhon, you so funny. He's not going to come back and look at this thread. He's said his biased BS which shows his world view (regardless to it's veracity) and now he's gone until the next time he needs to piss on everyone's day to show how 'superior' his world view is.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 02:00 PM

Nope, I must've gotten tricked by sites such as:

http://www.newsweek.com/emory-trump-chalk-protests-440618

Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/03/24/someone-wrote-trump-2016-on-emorys-campus-in-chalk-some-students-said-they-no-longer-feel-safe/

Both sites are prominent left wing news organizations, so I did not rely on Fox.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Haha. Ivhon, you so funny. He's not going to come back and look at this thread. He's said his biased BS which shows his world view (regardless to it's veracity) and now he's gone until the next time he needs to piss on everyone's day to show how 'superior' his world view is.

Sorry, I actually have a life and do read what is said. I choose what to respond to when I have time, which isn't often. It's one vs. 15-20 people on this site, and if I took time to respond to every attack, I wouldn't get anything done.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I actually have a life and do read what is said. I choose what to respond to when I have time, which isn't often. It's one vs. 15-20 people on this site, and if I took time to respond to every attack, I wouldn't get anything done.

Sounds like you need to learn better multi-tasking skills...or moderate your views.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 02:25 PM

It's usually one or the other with us crazy conservatives, correct? Or perhaps, in reality, it's the coddling of the new generation of young adults that is frustrating many people such as myself. When a group of people feel offended by something they don't agree with, they cause as much chaos as can be until their demands are met. Liberals don't have a brain when it comes to having a legitimate discussion regarding diversity and minority issues, so I will be gentle with the sensitive minds here. I'm sick of the coddling. If three minorities get offended by some asshole on a college campus, the whole school has to pay for it. Liberals are all about making sure things are "fair" for everyone, so how is it fair for people such as my sister, who actually pays for her schooling, to get threatened by a bunch of ravaging buffoons who feel like they need to get more than everyone else? EX: Mizzou and Black Lives Matter bs. The double standard is unbelievable. If she would haul off and yell something at them, such as "stupid black people," her life would be over due to vicious attacks by the media and then kicked out of school. But they can get away with calling her a "stupid white bitch" and "cracker?" Of course, they don't have it fair even though many go for free due to scholarships, but how is it fair to my sister? She was on her way to work when this happened, which wouldn't mean much to many of them who stood around for weeks on end protesting and causing trouble, but again, how is it fair?

There is a black girl I know, who is quite notorious by everyone, conservatives and liberals, who goes to school for free because she's black and has a kid (she makes sure to tell people how she goes for free). She has now accused three people of racial discrimination. One was proven to be a lie because I, as well as two others, witnessed the incident and reported that it was a lie, but the person she accused now has the accusation on her record. The second accusation I am not aware of the details, other than the person she accused is still around so I'm assuming it was proven to be false. The third person she accused, she said that he was picking on her for being black because he said (and this was in the library), "So and so, can you please lower your voice? I have a test coming up and am trying to get a few things done." She responded with, "Fuck you, I don't need to listen to your stupid ass." An hour later this guy was called down and told that she reported him for racial discrimination, and that because of Fergusson (which was proven to be a lie), they had to take it seriously. He made it out okay, but seriously, how is that bullshit fair? I would love to call her a racist, even though my stupid undergrad professor said there was no such thing as reverse-racism, but I'm not. She picked on a white woman, a white guy, and an indian guy. She likes to spread the hate. Now, if we lived in a just and moral society, she would've been kicked out. However, if that happened, the school would've been sued with some other racial charge, because that's how our society works now. Instead of looking at progress, we look at who the "victims" are and then find ways to destroy others to make these so-called "victims" feel better about themselves. And it's working. There's no more respect for authority, my girlfriend can account for that in the rough school she teaches in, as kindergarteners drop f-bombs all over the place.

No, I don't think "darkies suck" as that is the only argument that liberals know how to make, and the ignorant listen to, nor do I think all kids these days are a problem. What I'm saying is that our country has a moral dilemma that is getting worse by the day, and should be noticed by those who actually pay attention and don't turn a blind eye in favor of discovering some "racial" or "transgender" issue. There will never be progress because these issues can't be brought up in a legitimate way without someone throwing around the, "you're a racist!!" accusation. Liberals love tolerance, unless they disagree with it.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Sounds like you need to learn better multi-tasking skills...or moderate your views.

I couldn't even post in the WoT section without some fool twisting my post into my political views, even when they weren't connected. Funny how that works.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 02:43 PM
There is a black girl I know, who is quite notorious by everyone, conservatives and liberals, who goes to school for free because she's black and has a kid (she makes sure to tell people how she goes for free). She has now accused three people of racial discrimination.

This one time, I was in line behind a black family at the grocery store...should have seen their cart. Nothing but Lobster and Steak and you guessed it, it all went on their EBT card. They were talking super loud on their Obama phone s the entire time too before they loaded their lobsters into their Cadillac and blasted their rap music while blowing 3 stop signs on their way out of the parking lot.

And don't even get me started on all the black single mothers I know with 10 kids that are just milking the welfare system while they sit at home watching their 75" flatscreen TVs with their $60K SUVs sitting outside

While we're on stupid anecdotes, I knew a middle class white guy that got to go to Cornell for free because Daddy was an alcoholic who committed suicide when he was a kid...got him a full hardship scholarship. He dropped out after 1 semester too. He works in a liquor store now BTW. So clearly all white males suck too.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 02:44 PM
I couldn't even post in the WoT section without some fool twisting my post into my political views, even when they weren't connected. Funny how that works.

Funny, I never do that to you. Your comments on the WoT board are always (at least that I've read) completely devoid of any political stuff and are thus completely rational.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Liberals love tolerance, unless they disagree with it.

Tolerance for your opinion is one thing...even if it is utter crap. Tolerance for discriminating against people you don't personally like? No, not so much. Things were simpler back when minorities and LGBT folks knew their place. When they didnt try to live openly or live in the "wrong" neighborhood or get married to each other or (in the minority case) to someone of another race. Or wanting to sit anywhere on a bus or in a restaurant, etc or use the same restroom.

Or all the other ridiculously awful things that our country has tolerated over the years.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 03:03 PM
One last part...on the whole "she gets to go to school for free cause she's black while my white sister has to pay!!!" part:

http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/20110902racescholarships.pdf

A good study on financial aid and how it breaks down between the races. Shocker of shocker, white people get more than minorities regardless of how you break it down. Another myth that is utter BS.

If I had to guess why your sister has to pay full price, I'd imagine its because your parents make enough to afford it, she has no outstanding skills or unique talents (sport, etc) that would make a college want to give her a scholarship or need-based scholarship.

The black woman is likely poor and thus got financial aid that way...which has nothing to do with race and everything to do with her income level. If she's wasting that opportunity, that's her problem, not yours and and not your sisters.

I know this will come as a surprise but you're gonna deal with people your entire life that you probably dont like very much. You can either learn how to be tolerant or you can be super pissed off all the time. The world doesnt give a shit about your opinion or my opinion and there are a ton of stupid, annoying people out there regardless of your political view point.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 04:17 PM
This one time, I was in line behind a black family at the grocery store...should have seen their cart. Nothing but Lobster and Steak and you guessed it, it all went on their EBT card. They were talking super loud on their Obama phone s the entire time too before they loaded their lobsters into their Cadillac and blasted their rap music while blowing 3 stop signs on their way out of the parking lot.

And don't even get me started on all the black single mothers I know with 10 kids that are just milking the welfare system while they sit at home watching their 75" flatscreen TVs with their $60K SUVs sitting outside

While we're on stupid anecdotes, I knew a middle class white guy that got to go to Cornell for free because Daddy was an alcoholic who committed suicide when he was a kid...got him a full hardship scholarship. He dropped out after 1 semester too. He works in a liquor store now BTW. So clearly all white males suck too.

"So clearly all white males suck too." If you're implying that I believe "all blacks suck," that is once again taking what I'm saying and twisting it. I never said all people of any type of race are to blame. I was making a point that there are serious problems in the system where, due to past issues, people such as the three students accused in the situations I brought up, get in trouble simply because there's that heightened scrutiny. It's ridiculous. There's all this talk about how everyone needs to be treated the same, yet liberals want special groups to be treated with "extra care" and with special privileges, simply due to past issues that no longer apply as they once did (discrimination still exists, but not like it did). If we stopped looking at specific groups as being victims all the time and actually thought of everyone as the same, as conservatives try to get across, the world would be a much better place. Look at everyone the same, and punish those, white, black, or otherwise, who are the problem. Stop giving special privileges to this group or that simply because they aren't white. I know this won't sink in much with a totalitarian mindset that liberals display on a day-to-day basis (believe as we believe or we will destroy you; Ex: gay/transgender rights), but perhaps you "tolerant" liberals can see another side through the lens of understanding rather than hate of the white, conservative Christian.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 04:33 PM
One last part...on the whole "she gets to go to school for free cause she's black while my white sister has to pay!!!" part:

http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/20110902racescholarships.pdf

A good study on financial aid and how it breaks down between the races. Shocker of shocker, white people get more than minorities regardless of how you break it down. Another myth that is utter BS.

If I had to guess why your sister has to pay full price, I'd imagine its because your parents make enough to afford it, she has no outstanding skills or unique talents (sport, etc) that would make a college want to give her a scholarship or need-based scholarship.

The black woman is likely poor and thus got financial aid that way...which has nothing to do with race and everything to do with her income level. If she's wasting that opportunity, that's her problem, not yours and and not your sisters.

I know this will come as a surprise but you're gonna deal with people your entire life that you probably dont like very much. You can either learn how to be tolerant or you can be super pissed off all the time. The world doesnt give a shit about your opinion or my opinion and there are a ton of stupid, annoying people out there regardless of your political view point.

"The black woman is likely poor and thus got financial aid that way..." I doubt that, and I think you should take a look at all the scholarships offered and what they are aimed at specifically. My indian friend who got accused of discrimination, went to a minority night and as he was speaking to an attorney in the Chicago area, hoping to make a valuable contact for after he graduated, she realized he was indian. Why is that a problem? She was looking for black and or hispanic students. My friend graduated second in his class, and he is automatically disqualified as a minority because he doesn't fit a specific group? What kind of bs is that?

I'm sure that study is legitimate, but the point I'm trying to make is that you've got my sister, who works her way through school, and now graduate school, and then you've got these losers who can somehow afford to stand around weeks on end and harass people, yet they are demanded sympathy while the true victims are looked at as being the problem for their "white privilege." And yes, many do go for free or get preference due to bs affirmative action, and I find it highly unlikely that those standing on the lawn protesting are wasting their own precious money. To each their own, but it's quite disturbing that this is the road America is taking.

And I am tolerant of many folks, believe it or not. I've met many people on this board who I get along with quite well, and I'm sure I will at Jordancon once again. I go to a school where I am outnumbered politically, and get along with every single one of them as well as my conservative friends.

Southpaw2012
03-25-2016, 04:46 PM
Tolerance for your opinion is one thing...even if it is utter crap. Tolerance for discriminating against people you don't personally like? No, not so much. Things were simpler back when minorities and LGBT folks knew their place. When they didnt try to live openly or live in the "wrong" neighborhood or get married to each other or (in the minority case) to someone of another race. Or wanting to sit anywhere on a bus or in a restaurant, etc or use the same restroom.

Or all the other ridiculously awful things that our country has tolerated over the years.

Nope, those are just examples of intolerance, as you very well lay out with strong sarcasm. What about tolerance for religious beliefs? Florists and bakers are getting absolutely destroyed because they don't want to violate their beliefs by serving gay couples. Should a black couple who owns a flower shop be forced to deliver flowers to a KKK rally? I mean, for a party that "loves" their "diversity," isn't it wrong to bend the will of the people who disagree?

Nazbaque
03-25-2016, 06:18 PM

So seeing as your hours for relaxing are so precious, why do you spend them here? We are after all a group that's completely brainwashed on the idea that we must actually use our own minds rather than parrot what we like. If your arguments on politics could hold a spoonfull of water most of us would quite thoroughly argue the points with you. But as things are all you are doing is stating opinions instead of discussing them. If someone here were to mindlessly advocate communist ideals, they'd get it in the teeth as well. Or green ideals. Or the democrats'. No matter what ideals you mindlessly advocate we will not like you if that is all there is to you. And so far all we have seen of you is Republican propaganda with no show of independent thought. You feel attacked? Quite right you have been attacked, but it is because of your behaviour not your opinions. Those opinions are merely the handy subject of your bad behaviour and full of holes as they are also a handy means for attacking you, but the motive for the attack is your behaviour.

The Unreasoner
03-25-2016, 08:00 PM
So seeing as your hours for relaxing are so precious, why do you spend them here?
I know, right? He must be kinky as fuck. Public humiliation, masochism, never needing to use a safe phrase (anything not fucking retarded)...

And I was going to say:

People on the Right accuse Obama of promoting racial divisions in the country. As 'evidence' they point to polls that show people think race relations are at their worst point in years. But what's really going on is the angry white morons are confusing 'peace' with 'quiet'. They're not used to hearing stories about police brutality or institutionalized racism, and now that they are; they think race relations are somehow worse now, as opposed to the reality that they are more honest.

I mean, let's talk about Ferguson. Maybe the inciting incident was not a valid complaint (maybe. I, for one, still have questions). But the whole situation was like a reverse 'boy who cried wolf'. Where the (documented) racist police (documented) abuse their power for decades and no one listens to the citizen's complaints. And then what difference does it make if the inbred killer 'cop' is the straw that broke the camel's back or just a nocebo? Simplistic morons like Southpaw parrot the wrong answer. Morally, ethically, legally, narratively, even aesthetically.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 08:42 PM
"So clearly all white males suck too." If you're implying that I believe "all blacks suck," that is once again taking what I'm saying and twisting it. I never said all people of any type of race are to blame. I was making a point that there are serious problems in the system where, due to past issues, people such as the three students accused in the situations I brought up, get in trouble simply because there's that heightened scrutiny. It's ridiculous. There's all this talk about how everyone needs to be treated the same, yet liberals want special groups to be treated with "extra care" and with special privileges, simply due to past issues that no longer apply as they once did (discrimination still exists, but not like it did). If we stopped looking at specific groups as being victims all the time and actually thought of everyone as the same, as conservatives try to get across, the world would be a much better place. Look at everyone the same, and punish those, white, black, or otherwise, who are the problem. Stop giving special privileges to this group or that simply because they aren't white. I know this won't sink in much with a totalitarian mindset that liberals display on a day-to-day basis (believe as we believe or we will destroy you; Ex: gay/transgender rights), but perhaps you "tolerant" liberals can see another side through the lens of understanding rather than hate of the white, conservative Christian.

Funny story, when I was in college, I wrote a paper on why I thought affirmative action was a mistake...I even quoted Justice Thomas in it among others. While I don't agree with him on much of anything else, I think there are and were better ways to accomplish the same goal of equal opportunity.

However, it is silly to say that discrimination is not still a serious issue. The massive rollback of voting rights in the South the moment SCOTUS overturned the Voting Rights Act is a glaring example of this...as were the massive lines in Latino areas during the AZ primary for that same reason. Or the discriminatory acts against LGBT individuals in GA, NC, and KS among others.

Nobody really cares if you are a white conservative Christian. They only care when you feel the need to impose your discriminatory beliefs on people that aren't white conservative Christians. There are still very serious race issues in our country. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous. The entire success of Trump's campaign is based on this underlying sense of racism by poor, working class whites. There's a reason that racists support him far more than any other candidate on either side and why the more racist an individual is, the more likely he/she is to be a Trump supporter.

The point of my anecdote was not to say that you hate all black people, it was to show the meaningless of using anecdotes like your loud black girl on campus crying racism at every turn or whining about how they don't have to pay while your sister or you does. And how you think the fact that your parents are paying for college makes you a better person with more rights than someone there on scholarship or financial aid.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 08:52 PM
"The black woman is likely poor and thus got financial aid that way..." I doubt that, and I think you should take a look at all the scholarships offered and what they are aimed at specifically.

I take it you didnt bother reading the study I provided or even bothered doing a simple google search of "race and scholarships" to show that you're incorrect in your suppositions there?

that you've got my sister, who works her way through school, and now graduate school, and then you've got these losers who can somehow afford to stand around weeks on end and harass people, yet they are demanded sympathy while the true victims are looked at as being the problem for their "white privilege."

I think you assume way too much. For example, I didn't have to work while in college. I did but I had a full ride due to my military service. There are plenty of reasons for people to be able to go to school and not work like your sister. Parents pay or they get scholarships or they're just dumb enough to run up massive student loans and live off those instead. Or they do work and they use their spare time to protest instead of going to a party and getting drunk.

I find it highly unlikely that those standing on the lawn protesting are wasting their own precious money.

Or perhaps they are and they enjoy exercising their constitutional rights to protest and freely assemble to redress perceived grievances. I don't agree with lots of protests I see but I still respect their right to do so.

And yes, many do go for free or get preference due to bs affirmative action

And lots of white people get all sorts of things just because they're white...a white person is less likely to be arrested for the same crime as a black person, they typically get a less severe sentence when they are tried. They can easily hail a cab, they tend to get better service in restaurants as black people are thought of as "poor tippers". They are less likely to be harassed when living or shopping in a wealthy area. They tend to be promoted faster and paid more than blacks and other minorities.

Just like taller men get paid more than shorter men and attractive people tend to do better in life than less physically attractive people, minorities very often times get judged merely by their appearance. You can hide a lot of things but you can't really hide your race. And sadly, its not just white people that make those snap judgements. Other minorities tend to do the same thing...because racism is very deeply seated in our culture.

Is any of that right? Of course not. But it does happen and it happens every single day. Hang out with some minorities on a regular basis, you'll see it. A black or latino person in a predominantly White area gets looks that no other white person would ever get.

Davian93
03-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Nope, those are just examples of intolerance, as you very well lay out with strong sarcasm. What about tolerance for religious beliefs? Florists and bakers are getting absolutely destroyed because they don't want to violate their beliefs by serving gay couples. Should a black couple who owns a flower shop be forced to deliver flowers to a KKK rally? I mean, for a party that "loves" their "diversity," isn't it wrong to bend the will of the people who disagree?

The same segment of the population that was against Loving v. Virginia was fighting against gay marriage.

Is the KKK a legal organization? Last I checked they were classified as a domestic terrorist group. If they were peacefully protesting something or having a peaceful meeting, I would see no issue with a black person who owned a cake business being asked to bake them a cake...within reason. What if the KKK asked for a cake that said "Fuck The N#*#$!!" That would clearly be considered hate speech and would exempt them. But if a white supremacist asked them for a birthday cake or a wedding cake? Sure.

Perhaps a florist or a cake shop owner who runs a public business shouldn't try to discriminate against a protected portion of the population. Its no different than refusing to serve a black person in a restaurant or telling a black person to buy their cake elsewhere. Nobody is forcing the florist or cake owner to morally approve and support the gay wedding. They're forcing them to not discriminate against customers based on something like race, sex, religion, age, or sexual preference.

For every "How dare the gays make us do this" scenario you come up with, try replacing the word "gay, lesbian, or transgender" with "black person". If it suddenly sounds super racist, its not okay to do.

Its not about tolerating your religious belief, its about you not forcing your religious belief on someone who doesn't share them. Nobody is preventing you from going to church, worshipping as you please, and telling everyone you know how you feel about this subject. They are, however, preventing you from imposing that belief on others.

A florist or bakery owner runs a business open to the public. Thus, they cannot discriminate.

Ozymandias
03-29-2016, 03:32 PM

Right... but the issue with this is that it has been proven that blacks, women, and other historically disadvantaged groups are STILL at a disadvantage, socially, economically, and politically. What you're advocating is just a modern version of "separate but equal".

No one thinks that BLM protestors yelling (in an anecdotal case, of course) at your sister in an offensive manner is okay. Unfortunately, not every example of offensive behavior gets reported on. People are rude to others every day of the week, and it crosses every conceivable social, political, or economic boundary. Unfortunately, that is humanity. The difference is that there is undeniable evidence that the black community in this country is being systemically discriminated against, not just personally discriminated against. While I sympathize with your sister, it's also hard to compare that to the fact that the actual law enforcement apparatus of many/most American municipalities is actively discriminating against black folks.

So yes, conservatives in this country want to just treat everyone as if they're equal. Unfortunately, that is just the latest rearguard action against sanctioned systemic discrimination that began with the the Three Fifths Compromise. It ignores the fact that Jim Crow is a living memory for many people in this country. Saying "everyone must be treated equally" ignores the fact that (a) not everyone IS treated equally, as we're increasingly seeing, and (b) that the imbalance of power in American society is still heavily tilted in favor of white, Christian, men. Your complaint that some groups get favorable treatment/coverage is merely a complaint that we're not freezing the status quo in place with the current balance of socio-economic power intact.

Ozymandias
03-29-2016, 03:38 PM

Well, there are a couple different things to unpack here. First off, this is not an acceptable analogy. Gays are not out to harm heterosexuals, or make them change anything about themselves. The KKK is explicitly a hate group, and one that uses violence/intimidation to boot. One group is asking for equal consideration under the law, the other is asking to remove that right from a certain subset of American citizens.

Second, how does baking a cake for a homosexual couple violate religious principle? No one is asking them to start having gay sex while delivering the cake. If they want to register as a 501(c)(3) and claim an exemption on religious grounds, so be it. Otherwise, they aren't a religious institution and shouldn't be treated as such.

Frenzy
04-04-2016, 12:32 AM
i like how you call out for progress to solve the moral dilemma facing our country and at the same time call people ravaging buffoons and liberals (which in your lexicon is a derogatory).

Daekyras
04-05-2016, 06:13 AM

I wish! Imagine there were still like 21 super active posters still here. It would be great,

You guys are all great.

yks 6nnetu hing
04-05-2016, 07:44 AM
I wish! Imagine there were still like 21 super active posters still here. It would be great,

You guys are all great.

:p

Khoram
04-05-2016, 08:13 PM

You guys are all great.

I try. :rolleyes: