PDA

View Full Version : Sanderson to finish ASOIAF?!

rand
04-01-2016, 01:53 AM
Just saw this online a few minutes ago...

HBO.com
Bantam Dell, a division of Random House publishers, has reportedly asked fantasy heavyweight Brandon Sanderson to complete fellow fantasy author George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series. Martin, much maligned by writer's block and under much stress from fans of his series, has agreed to step down. "These books mean so much to me, but after twenty years, it's just time to step down. I'm getting older, the TV series [Game of Thrones] has surpassed me in popularity, and the Giants aren't gonna watch themselves," the author said in a statement from his Albuequerque, NM residence. Sanderson, meanwhile, is delighted by the challenge, having already finished another epic fantasy series--the late Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time--three years ago. "It's incredible to have the opportunity to do this all over again," the author said. "To be asked once was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but twice? April fools. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. There's just so much to go through right now. All [Martin's] notes and everything. It's a little overwhelming. I've already talked with Bantam about splitting the last book, A Dream of Spring, in two, with the second half tentatively being called A Tempest of Summer." Bantam Dell could not be reached for comment at this time.

Terez
04-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Yeah, we all know what day it is...

The Unreasoner
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Yeah, we all know what day it is...
Just because you're bummed that a Bernie nomination is statistically impossible doesn't mean you need to kill everyone else's fun.

Kimon
04-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Just because you're bummed that a Bernie nomination is statistically impossible doesn't mean you need to kill everyone else's fun.

He's going to win Wisconsin, and the polls still have Hillary ahead in New York, but only by 12, when a few weeks ago she was up by 48. If he somehow wins New York...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/dem_pres_primary/

The Unreasoner
04-01-2016, 05:00 PM
If he somehow wins New York...
...April Fool's.

And I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but since Terez already killed it:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/its-really-hard-to-get-bernie-sanders-988-more-delegates/

rand
04-02-2016, 12:18 AM
So did everyone boycott theoryland for April Fools day except for this thread?

Terez
04-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Internet veterans rarely fall for April Fools jokes. Also, it's just a dumb holiday IMO. Not too long ago I had to translate a bunch of letters between George Sand and Marie d'Agoult (lovers of Chopin and Liszt respectively) about an elaborate series of Sand's poissons d'avril; it was all very mean-spirited and I don't really understand the appeal.

Davian93
04-03-2016, 02:56 PM
the "tempest" of summer...that was a good one.