PDA

View Full Version : Prince Dead At Age 57

Davian93
04-21-2016, 12:51 PM
DAMN YOU 2016...STOP TAKING COOL CELEBRITIES!!!

Terez
04-21-2016, 04:15 PM
This actually managed to drown out JordanCon in my Facebook feed.

(So far I've only seen Isa, though I think I saw Pops from a distance.)

Southpaw2012
04-21-2016, 10:51 PM
This actually managed to drown out JordanCon in my Facebook feed.

(So far I've only seen Isa, though I think I saw Pops from a distance.)

a true legend :/

And the con is hoppin

Terez
04-22-2016, 05:28 AM
I heard you had arrived. Haven't seen you yet though. I have seen WSB, SBC, Sare and Leane. And I finally talked to Pops.

Southpaw2012
04-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Just floating about. I'll be at the wot themed events today, including trivia.

Terez
04-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Cool, see you there. I've now also seen bossman and Hopper.

Frenzy
04-25-2016, 12:55 AM
i had a friend suggest we offer up some crap celebrities in sacrifice so 2016 will calm the fuck down.

The list of 'volunteers' was epic.

Davian93
06-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Official cause of death: Accidential Opioid Overdose.

Not a huge surprise given the previous rumors that came out but still sad all the same.

Opioid addiction is a very scary thing and something that we can thank the drug companies for pushing the "harmless and totally safe!" percocet and then methadone on people for the past 20 years as new wonder drugs for pain relief.

Protip: Using Methadone to get people of Heroin is basically the equivalent of 100 years ago when they used the new wonder drug Cocaine to get people off of Opium.

GonzoTheGreat
06-03-2016, 03:15 AM
Using Methadone to get people of Heroin is basically the equivalent of 100 years ago when they used the new wonder drug Cocaine to get people off of Opium.
Didn't that get those people to stop using Opium?

Weird Harold
06-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Didn't that get those people to stop using Opium?
Not really. It just added cocaine addiction to opium addiction.

GonzoTheGreat
06-03-2016, 05:14 AM
But, as GWB said: if you do not succeed at once, try, try again.

Davian93
06-03-2016, 11:01 AM
My favorite part of history when it comes to drug use (other than the period where you could buy opiates, cocaine, heroin, morphine, etc over the counter at your local apothocary) was the 1930s-early 1960s where pretty much 50% of suburban housewives (and the rest of the world) were all high as a kite on amphetamines...so every time I hear about how "things were better and happier in the 1950s", I think "yeah, because they were all racing on legal Speed. Of course she could clean the house, do the laundry and have dinner on the table by 5 every night, she took a shitload of amphetamines".

Or when FDR's doctor needed to give him a pick me up after Pearl Harbor so he injected him with cocaine prior to his speech to Congress. So basically he was Tony Montana with the big plate of coke in Scarface.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b8/16/f6/b816f68d76383902a03dd343e72b8fa3.jpg

Kimon
06-03-2016, 11:29 AM
My favorite part of history when it comes to drug use (other than the period where you could buy opiates, cocaine, heroin, morphine, etc over the counter at your local apothocary) was the 1930s-early 1960s where pretty much 50% of suburban housewives (and the rest of the world) were all high as a kite on amphetamines...so every time I hear about how "things were better and happier in the 1950s", I think "yeah, because they were all racing on legal Speed. Of course she could clean the house, do the laundry and have dinner on the table by 5 every night, she took a shitload of amphetamines".

Hopefully with more states slowly legalizing marijuana, the intransigence of the pharmaceutical lobby will finally be overcome, and the CDC, and universities, will finally be allowed to carry out meaningful studies on its potential medicinal benefits. It certainly, if mostly still from anecdotal evidence, seems a far safer candidate for widespread prescription for painkilling medications than the opiates. Pot just needs its own lobbyists, so it can bribe and buy congressmen, and compete with the legal drug dealers that just view pot as dangerous not due to itself, but due to its threat to their profits.

Davian93
06-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Maybe the US could make it illegal to advertise prescription drugs like every other modern nation (other than NZ)...that'd be nice.

It'd be fun to not have 50 "Ask your doctor" ads every commercial break.