PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Kimon
06-08-2016, 11:56 AM
How long do you think it will take them to adapt the play for film? Christmas next year?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36471047

Daekyras
06-12-2016, 10:41 AM
How long do you think it will take them to adapt the play for film? Christmas next year?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36471047

The plot synopsis for this sounds terrible.

Mort
06-12-2016, 11:20 AM

The play ... is set 19 years after the seventh and final book in the series by JK Rowling.
... it portrays Harry, played by Jamie Parker, as an "over-worked" employee at the Ministry of Magic.
His youngest son Albus (Sam Clemmett) has to deal with the "heavy burden" of the Potter family legacy.

Doesn't sound much of anything really. The family legacy of being overly loved, such a burden that :)
Or the legacy of being the only one still alive? Everyone dies in the first 5 minutes of the show? That I would actually want to see.

Kimon
06-12-2016, 11:31 AM

Daily Beast has a very detailed description of the play. It seems very convoluted, but this seems to be for both Parts I and II, so it might well be for around 3 or more hours worth of plot. It also is very time travel driven.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/06/10/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-spoilers-here-s-the-plot-of-the-play.html

It seems to be getting pretty good reviews. I'd want to see it.

GonzoTheGreat
06-12-2016, 11:41 AM
If the reviews are good, wouldn't it then make more sense to go see those?

fionwe1987
06-12-2016, 03:04 PM
If the reviews are good, wouldn't it then make more sense to go see those?

Unable to apparate into the plays due to heavy Ministry of Magic security. And general lack of excessive monies.

They will make a movie, I'm sure. There's some good meat in here, like Hermione being Minister of Magic and Harry's boss, and the whole Sorting thing. But Time Travel? Seriously, not this crap again.

Kimon
06-12-2016, 03:55 PM
Unable to apparate into the plays due to heavy Ministry of Magic security. And general lack of excessive monies.

They will make a movie, I'm sure. There's some good meat in here, like Hermione being Minister of Magic and Harry's boss, and the whole Sorting thing. But Time Travel? Seriously, not this crap again.

It does have a bit of a Dr Who (or Chrono Trigger) episode arc feel from the spoilers.

Daekyras
06-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Doesn't sound much of anything really. The family legacy of being overly loved, such a burden that :)
Or the legacy of being the only one still alive? Everyone dies in the first 5 minutes of the show? That I would actually want to see.

Sorry Mort, I assumed everyone had read the full synopsis.

For anyone who has read it- it comes across as very "Fan-fic".

What do people like?
Azkhaban.
Cedric.
Malfoy could be good.

Let's put them all in a story.

Mort
06-13-2016, 08:02 AM

What do people like?
Azkhaban.
Cedric.
Malfoy could be good.

Cedric never died?

Terez
06-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Something to do with time travel, innit?

GonzoTheGreat
06-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Cedric never died?EVEN I CANNOT STEP OUTSIDE OF TIME. For an instant terrible anger filled that awful voice, and could it be frustration? An instant only. DONE BY MY ANCIENT ENEMY, THE ONE CALLED THE CHOSEN ONE. WOULD YOU UNLEASH THE BALEFIRE IN MY SERVICE, CEDRIC?

fionwe1987
06-13-2016, 05:57 PM
EVEN I CANNOT STEP OUTSIDE OF TIME. For an instant terrible anger filled that awful voice, and could it be frustration? An instant only. DONE BY MY ANCIENT ENEMY, THE ONE CALLED THE CHOSEN ONE. WOULD YOU UNLEASH THE BALEFIRE IN MY SERVICE, CEDRIC?

I don't know if this was done after reading the plot summary or before, but this is hilarious because the consequence of stepping back in time seems to be that Cedric becomes very much like Demandred.

Rand al'Fain
06-13-2016, 10:48 PM

What do people like?
Azkhaban.
Cedric.
Malfoy could be good.

The fanfics with those, well... Ever heard of "My Immortal"?

GonzoTheGreat
06-14-2016, 03:09 AM
I don't know if this was done after reading the plot summary or before, but this is hilarious because the consequence of stepping back in time seems to be that Cedric becomes very much like Demandred.
I had already read the plot summary that Daekyras provided in post #8. Is that what you meant?